Value of: Anybody on Minnesota not named Dumba

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Maybe b prospect or 2nd rounder?

Coyle is the main thing, Niederreiter not so valuable with his contract and both have been quite bad.
You really think Simmonds has more value than either Coyle or Nino? Wow

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Coyle is unlikely to be traded unless it's part of a deal for a C, as it looks like Koivu is going to be out for a while.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Maybe b prospect or 2nd rounder?

Coyle is the main thing, Niederreiter not so valuable with his contract and both have been quite bad.
Simmonds is a pending free agent and is significantly older than both Nino and Coyle... If you want Coyle then don't include Nino as a throw-in. Simmonds+meh for Coyle+Nino is disgusting from a Minnesota perspective.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Coyle
Greenway

For

Nurse
Puljujarvi

Fair?

Feedback welcome.
I wouldn't touch moving Greenway. Dude is a monster. I've been completely wrong on him from the start. Nurse isn't really a need with Suter-Brodin-Seeler. No sense upgrading the third pairing at that high of a cost. Pulj would be of interest. Something around Coyle and Pulj?

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
I wouldn't touch moving Greenway. Dude is a monster. I've been completely wrong on him from the start. Nurse isn't really a need with Suter-Brodin-Seeler. No sense upgrading the third pairing at that high of a cost. Pulj would be of interest. Something around Coyle and Pulj?

That was something around Coyle and Puljujarvi :)

----

Coyle
S. Johansson

For

Kassian
Puljujarvi

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Then you don’t have a single clue who Gallagher is if all you see is a 50 points player and nothing else. Just the comparison to Kreider’s is a pure joke

Over their careers:

Gallagher .59 PPG, .30 GPG

Kreider .54 PPG, .29 GPG

Both known for their intangibles and leadership, both seriously overvalued by their respective fanbases. Kreider’s bigger, Gallagher’s got a better contract. Very comparable.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
That was something around Coyle and Puljujarvi :)

----

Coyle
S. Johansson

For

Kassian
Puljujarvi
Well Greenway was arguably the highest value piece in that deal and should be a non-starter from Minnesota.

Take Johansson out of this deal and it’s closer. Pulj seems to be really struggling and Kassian isn’t exactly good either. Coyle, who has been very unimpressive this year, has four times as many points as them combined. Pulj’s potential only goes so far,

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Well Greenway was arguably the highest value piece in that deal and should be a non-starter from Minnesota.

Take Johansson out of this deal and it’s closer. Pulj seems to be really struggling and Kassian isn’t exactly good either. Coyle, who has been very unimpressive this year, has four times as many points as them combined. Pulj’s potential only goes so far,

Works for me value wise.

Just wanted to add a prospect.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Over their careers:

Gallagher .59 PPG, .30 GPG

Kreider .54 PPG, .29 GPG

Both known for their intangibles and leadership, both seriously overvalued by their respective fanbases. Kreider’s bigger, Gallagher’s got a better contract. Very comparable.

As I said, completely clueless about who Gallagher is and how he plays the game.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
As I said, completely clueless about who Gallagher is and how he plays the game.

No, most everyone is aware of Gallagher and his playstyle. You're just overrating what the value of that is.

Reactions: 2Pair

Cosmic avenger

Oct 27, 2018
Probably not what you will want to hear but Suter is a top 10 dman in the game and has the playstyle that will last a long time. I'd consider deals like...

Giroux (straight up)
Couturier (straight up)
Patrick +
That a little too expensive for my taste. How about a deal around ghost

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
The Leafs would definitely look at Spurgeon if he were available. With just this year and the next on his contract however, the price would have to be reasonable (ie. No Nylander). Probably Kapanen as the core piece going the other way? Leaf fans are high on him and he is putting up solid numbers as a 22 year old, but RW is pretty stacked as it is. I haven't watched a lot of Minnisota games but the team seems to skew older up front; would Kapenen's speed (which is his best asset) help with that or conversely would he instead be stuck playing at a lower pace due to his linemates?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
The Leafs would definitely look at Spurgeon if he were available. With just this year and the next on his contract however, the price would have to be reasonable (ie. No Nylander). Probably Kapanen? Leaf fans are high on him and he is putting up solid numbers as a 22 year old, but RW is pretty stacked as it is. I haven't watched a lot of Minnisota games but the team seems to skew older up front; would Kapenen's speed (which is his best asset) help with that or conversely would he instead be stuck playing at a lower pace due to his linemates?

His speed would be very appreciated.

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
His speed would be very appreciated.
I imagine then the Leafs would be willing to send Kapanen and also a pick or a decent prospect (likely not Liljegren or Sandin but pretty much anyone else in the system) as well for Spurgeon.

If you don't mind me asking, what is it that the Wild especially need?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
The Leafs would definitely look at Spurgeon if he were available. With just this year and the next on his contract however, the price would have to be reasonable (ie. No Nylander). Probably Kapanen? Leaf fans are high on him and he is putting up solid numbers as a 22 year old, but RW is pretty stacked as it is. I haven't watched a lot of Minnisota games but the team seems to skew older up front; would Kapenen's speed (which is his best asset) help with that or conversely would he instead be stuck playing at a lower pace due to his linemates?

Truthfully, how much of his production is his actual ability vs. a result of playing in that top 6 in Nylander's absense?

He'd be one of the faster players on the roster, but that wouldn't hold him back. It's a question of whether or not he can really be an impactful player in our top 6 vs whether or not he'd be another Coyle/Nino level player who can be moved between second and third line and you never really feel their impact most nights.

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
Probably not what you will want to hear but Suter is a top 10 dman in the game and has the playstyle that will last a long time. I'd consider deals like...

Giroux (straight up)
Couturier (straight up)
Patrick +
Why? Why not just have Ghost teach the kiddos?
If I were a Wild fan I would likely do Suter for Ghost. Suter is undoubtedly better now, but at 33 he is getting long in the tooth and you have to wonder how long he can continue to be a top-10 defender in the NHL. Ghost, despite his challenges this year just oozes talent.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I imagine then the Leafs would be willing to send Kapanen and also a pick or a decent prospect (likely not Liljegren or Sandin but pretty much anyone else in the system) as well for Spurgeon.

If you don't mind me asking, what is it that the Wild especially need?

Skill.

Cosmic avenger

Oct 27, 2018
I just think suter is a better all around d even that he is a little older and making more. He can be a part of a shutdown pair in playoffs . ghost great offence ? His d at times thought it could help both teams . ghost will add o to dallas. Suter will add ex and d to philly seem fair. Will get roasted by my fellow flyers fan but

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad