Any UFO/Alien type experiences?

ACLEVERNAME

schadenfreude
Jan 6, 2010
I was on a nice combo of drugs/sun stroke at the Montebello Rockfest a few years back and was convinced I had a legitimate ufo/paranormal experience when I saw bright lights hovering and dancing in the night sky. Turns out a couple hippies set off a bunch of Chinese lanterns. At least that was the 'official' explanation...

member 298589

I find the topic very interesting but don't really read about it much anymore. I strictly want facts, such as undoctored photos, times and places, video, word-for-word statements from first-hand witnesses, etc.

I find most of what is readily available is speculative, falsified and based in hoax, or from people that just want attention.

I don't have any personal experiences, though.

ACLEVERNAME

schadenfreude
Jan 6, 2010
I find the topic very interesting but don't really read about it much anymore. I strictly want facts, such as undoctored photos, times and places, video, word-for-word statements from first-hand witnesses, etc.

I find most of what is readily available is speculative, falsified and based in hoax, or from people that just want attention.

The only "Real" proof is what you've experienced first hand yourself. The idea of pictures or film providing 3rd hand evidence is a falsehood.

When you know you know.

I can summon them in the right situations. It's not something the average person is meant to see.

That being said, there is a lot of misdirection and hoaxes on the subject. Usually to steer the average bumpkin in the opposite direction of the truth.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
I can summon them in the right situations. It's not something the average person is meant to see.

No kidding, little bastards left a mess at my short term rental and I haven't heard a word since, meanwhile no one will take the glowing green waste they left in the back yard. Advanced civilization my ass! :eek:

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
Imagine a few years ago & being a commercial pilot & seeing The Stealth Bomber aircraft fly by you when it's existance was still classified ?

You would consider that a UFO wouldn't you ?

nihlify

Jan 20, 2010
I was on a nice combo of drugs/sun stroke at the Montebello Rockfest a few years back and was convinced I had a legitimate ufo/paranormal experience when I saw bright lights hovering and dancing in the night sky. Turns out a couple hippies set off a bunch of Chinese lanterns. At least that was the 'official' explanation...
I've also seen something of that nature that was explained by laterns as the probable cause. I don't think I saw aliens neccesarily, but it certainly didn't look like laterns the way they moved.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee

I grew up 10 miles from a large USAFB. I also have an interest in astronomy. I have never seen anything in the sky that can't be explained. But, we have 7.5 billion people on this planet. That leads me to believe that somebody saw just about everything that happened in our atmosphere. I will keep one eye on the sky and let you know if I see a UAP, as they are now called.

Read The Walton Experience by Travis Walton, which was made into a movie, Fire in the Sky, released in 1993. He had 5 witnesses.

I never believed the "swamp gas" explanations about the sightings around Bad Axe, Michigan in the mid 1960s. Way too many people reported seeing things in the sky, including some of the local police officers, who are supposed to be trained observers.

The sighting of a huge triangular shaped craft over Phoenix has never been explained. Hundreds, if not thousands of people, saw it in 1997.

Fundamentally, to believe that we are the only intelligent life in this vast universe, is no different than the people who believed that the Earth was the center and the Sun revolved around it. Same for the NBA players who claim the Earth is flat when all they have to do is look out the window of one their planes flying to Boston or LA. At 40,000 or 50,000 feet, you can see the curvature of the Earth. "There are none so blind as those who will not see."

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
I grew up 10 miles from a large USAFB. I also have an interest in astronomy. I have never seen anything in the sky that can't be explained. But, we have 7.5 billion people on this planet. That leads me to believe that somebody saw just about everything that happened in our atmosphere. I will keep one eye on the sky and let you know if I see a UAP, as they are now called.

Read The Walton Experience by Travis Walton, which was made into a movie, Fire in the Sky, released in 1993. He had 5 witnesses.

I never believed the "swamp gas" explanations about the sightings around Bad Axe, Michigan in the mid 1960s. Way too many people reported seeing things in the sky, including some of the local police officers, who are supposed to be trained observers.

The sighting of a huge triangular shaped craft over Phoenix has never been explained. Hundreds, if not thousands of people, saw it in 1997.

Fundamentally, to believe that we are the only intelligent life in this vast universe, is no different than the people who believed that the Earth was the center and the Sun revolved around it. Same for the NBA players who claim the Earth is flat when all they have to do is look out the window of one their planes flying to Boston or LA. At 40,000 or 50,000 feet, you can see the curvature of the Earth. "There are none so blind as those who will not see."

I think the question is the potentially vast distances involved, back when the only mode of travel was by foot there were likely isolated tribes who had no idea that they weren't the only ones on earth. I'd be shocked if there isn't intelligent life out there but even if they were in our cosmic neighbourhood (many light years) it is possible either side will go extinct before anyone is able to cross that distance.

WeaponOfChoice

Jan 25, 2020
I saw a ufo once. It was outside when I left school one day. It appeared to be right above my house, but when I got home it was obviously much further away. It appeared from behind a cloud so at first I thought it was a plane, but obviously didn't act like a plane. It moved from side to side with ease and appeared still in the sky.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Not personally, no. But my little brother had one. He claimed he saw a alien looking guy on second floor in the apartment we lived in when we where kids. He still today think it was an alien. I told him what i have been telling him since then, that it was a very unattractive person he saw, possible deformed or was wearing a halloween mask.

Another one is my Grandfather who claimed he saw a alien space ship landing on a soccer field. He saw creatures going in and out from it. And let me tell you guys, my grandfather is not some nutjob, he is a serious person who have a normal life. He never makes jokes.

• Haha
Reactions: kudla

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Not personally, no. But my little brother had one. He claimed he saw a alien looking guy on second floor in the apartment we lived in when we where kids. He still today think it was an alien. I told him what i have been telling him since then, that it was a very unattractive person he saw, possible deformed or was wearing a halloween mask.

Another one is my Grandfather who claimed he saw a alien space ship landing on a soccer field. He saw creatures going in and out from it. And let me tell you guys, my grandfather is not some nutjob, he is a serious person who have a normal life. He never makes jokes.

Kinda seeing a pattern here...

CrazyMonkey1208

Apr 9, 2012
Never seen one, but what's mind-boggling is back in the old days people who claimed to see a UFO were ridiculed, made fun of and thought to be crazy. Society was conditioned to do so through Hollywood. Today the government releases videos from our own military confirming that there are indeed UFOs out there. What's really mind-boggling is that people still trust the government after this.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
My mother and her sister swear up and down they saw what they believe was an Alien spacecraft in the sky back in the 80s in rural Southwestern Pennsylvania.

It sounds like a rather generic account of a UFO/UAP, but neither of them are the type to lie for attention or just to have something interesting to talk about. They have another friend whom I've never met who also was with them and reports the same thing.

Personally I've never experienced anything, but I 100% believe that, at the very least Earth's atmosphere has been visited and observed by Extra-Terrestrials. Whether or not they've actually landed or interacted with any part of the Earth, I'm not sure. But I just can't imagine that the Earth has been around for billions of years and has never at least been discovered by another civilization.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad