Injury Report: Any news on Franzen? UPD: Franzen placed on IR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
This is as clear as I can make it:
The fans have NO BUSINESS telling Franzen whether or not the risk of injury is worth it.

I'm not trying to tell you guys what opinions you should have.

I'm being completely misinterpreted.

ok :sarcasm:

fyi, I love seeing clips of ppl doing extremely dangerous stuffs to a degree, and like you I dont give much thought into it because 1) I dont have much knowledge and I just assume they know what they are doing in terms of their safety 2) I dont give a **** whether a moron removes himself from the earth. 3) it's kinda fun seeing random people fall flat on their face

This one I do care. I care about Franzen because 1) it's bit more personal. he's done alot for the club I'm fan of 2) his decision might have costed the club I'm a fan for. Frazen is no use to Wings being in LTIR due to his decision.

for these reasons, maybe you should care too.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
Oh my god do I have to qualify everything?

In my opinion the fans have no reason to try to tell Franzen what to do.

This semantic argument is ****ing tiresome so I quit.

Enjoy trying to convince people what is or isn't good for them.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I like Franzen the person, so I hope he just enjoys his family and scouts for the Wings in Sweden.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
Oh my god do I have to qualify everything?

In my opinion the fans have no reason to try to tell Franzen what to do.

This semantic argument is ****ing tiresome so I quit.

Enjoy trying to convince people what is or isn't good for them.

Some fans might have a problem seeing a player die or suffer a severe life-altering injury on the ice. Players who have had repeated concussions are at much greater risk. So fans do have skin in the game. Nobody wants hockey to become a literal blood sport. Capiche?

Satrebil

Aug 3, 2006
Michigan
It's not his livelihood, he gets paid even on LTIR. His health is the issue, short term and long term. No sense harming the 40+ years of life after hockey just to squeeze a few more, increasingly dangerous, years from hockey.

Of course it is. Livelihood is not just measured in terms of salary, you know?

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
Of course it is. Livelihood is not just measured in terms of salary, you know?

Merriam-Webster disagrees.

But the definition of the word is not really important. His medical situation has gotten to a point where I don't think it should be his choice. He shouldn't be allowed to play. His brain cannot handle the NHL game anymore. It's just too fragile. He didn't even take some big hit or headshot and he's out after a few games. He jut can't handle it physically anymore.

He'll get his money, and I'll never blame him for wanting to play, but the evidence (circumstantial and hard) suggests he just can't play safely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad