Any Jarry Defenders Left?

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Tell me which goalie you would have signed on July first instead. Korpisalo got it 5 years at 4MM. Varlmov got 4 years at 2.75MM on a 35+ contract.

If you want to make an opportunity cost argument you need to actually say which alternative you are comparing too.

I mentioned a few posts above that I would have went with a tandem of CDS/Ned to start the year.
Could have kept the $4M to entertain potential upgrades as teams fall out of the playoffs.

Reactions: metalan2

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Speaking on behalf of Jarry's signing is like speaking on behalf of Sullivan sticking around imo.

Okay? I don't want to watch Jarry constantly let in deflating goals when this mediocre ass team needs a save, just like I don't wanna see Sullivan f*** up lines, TOI distribution, or continue to try and make Karlsson into some shitty version of Paul Martin. :laugh:

But in the end, I want this team to crater and hard. So maybe Jarry and Sullivan actually *are* the right guys for me. :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Sideline

May 23, 2004
I mentioned a few posts above that I would have went with a tandem of CDS/Ned to start the year.
Could have kept the $4M to entertain potential upgrades as teams fall out of the playoffs.
With CDS and Ned this team is out of the playoffs by the end of November.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Newsflash. We'll probably be out of the playoffs by Thanksgiving due to Jarry

donald-glover-good.gif

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I just can't believe what an anti clutch turd this guy is.

He's like 2010-2014 playoff Maf except at least that Maf still had the decency to be a good regular season goalie.

Jarry just finds ways to lose us games. Never makes a big save ever.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Sorta adjacent to the topic but holy shit, I hope Dubas' first off-season was just him entirely deferring to Sullivan so he (Dubas) can spend the first year settling in and assessing things and planning moves for the long haul. Cuz goddamn, this off-season was trash if Karlsson didn't miraculously fall into his lap.

Reactions: HandshakeLine

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Sorta adjacent to the topic but holy shit, I hope Dubas' first off-season was just him entirely deferring to Sullivan so he (Dubas) can spend the first year settling in and assessing things and planning moves for the long haul. Cuz goddamn, this off-season was trash if Karlsson didn't miraculously fall into his lap.

I really thought Acciari was going to be a decent little signing and didn't even mind the multi-year deal because of it. But he's been abysmal. Not really fair to pick on one particular guy when it comes to this garbage scow of a team, though.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

Dubas as I said when we hired him has done a horrible job building depth in Toronto. Seems similar here. Luckily he likes to trade as much as Rutherford.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
I just love it that people are now in on DeSmith......:DD

Never change Pens HfBoards......

Well when you have 50+ people, there are going to be some that disliked him and others who thought he was fine.

CDS was a fine backup and provided value relative to his pay.

Reactions: vodeni

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Jarry's a middle of the road starter with enough talent to look great some nights and slightly boost his stats, but he's a headcase who can't make a big save when needed. /shrug

Dude can kick rocks, but y'know, in half a decade because this dumb team signed him for that long and nobody's gonna want his ass. :laugh:

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
With CDS and Ned this team is out of the playoffs by the end of November.
As opposed to how much they're killing it with Jarry as the main guy?

We're 3-6 with Jarry. Why are we acting like the club is doing good now but would have been in dire straits if he was let go?

I really thought Acciari was going to be a decent little signing and didn't even mind the multi-year deal because of it. But he's been abysmal. Not really fair to pick on one particular guy when it comes to this garbage scow of a team, though.
And I wonder how much of that is coaching considering Acciari's not playing the same way he did in Toronto, St. Louis or Florida.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Anyone that comes here is shit, then they leave and get better. Jarry would be better elsewhere IMO, or with a new coach.

Bowski

I don't order fries with my club sandwich.
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2004
Kitchener
Who was seriously defending this signing in the OP's link outside of an unhinged Jarry excuse-maker? "It was never Jarry's fault, what can he possibly do under Sullivan's regime? What do you expect from him?"
Absolutely nothing, except some token wins/shutouts, combined with backbreaking goals, which is what he's shown so far in his average career.

The best defence from somewhat sane people was what other choice did the Pens/Dubas have?
Not much, but certainly hot this kind of crap contract for a relative nobody.
Not to use it as a measuring stick, but most of the main board knows of Jarry only due to his hideous new contract.

TJ turning it around is the only hope Pens fans can have now. No value unless you trade him back for Granlund or something equally useless.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad