Any interest in Evander Kane?

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Since I have never, and will never, choke a woman and try to abduct her, I can safely throw stones from my high horse.

Basically. It's common for those who give a pass to the low brow to criticize good moral and team standards as high horse-ry sorcery.

And actually, I find it rather trite these days. The post modern cynic is common. It is being replaced by new movements, like performatism, but liberal arts cultural lag being what it is -- meh. It isn't even interesting -- like newer nihilism.

I've had to sit through some awful conversations in academia that actually started with an unsupported conjecture from a text, and then "We're post modern enough to look at this claim critically... was he really happy? Or is this an insanity ruse? Or was this X, Y, and Z (concepts that weren't even part of that cultural mind of the time)" (paraphrasing) -- ignoring the last ironclad statements near the end that explicitly go on about the mindset of the person being discussed. I actually had to ask the person if they read the work.

It is skepticism that ends without any real meat to it. A bit of a pet peeve of mine.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Kane wore his welcome out with one club & is about to do it again with another club only a year in. Fair or not he's bad for business at this point. He's a liability that isn't worth taking on for other teams.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
So Kane was just arrested in Buffalo for trepassing in a bar or something.

The guys is just not worth it.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
So Kane was just arrested in Buffalo for trepassing in a bar or something.

The guys is just not worth it.

This is related to the same incident we were discussing last month where he choked and harassed multiple women.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Even if the guy is an off the ice nightmare, at that price it's worth the gamble. Heck, I'd even throw in VdV and the RFA rights to Manning to sweeten the offer.:sarcasm::naughty:

I'd rather have Mac play 30 mins a night then watch Kane on the Flyers. He would be an absolutely disgrace to that crest. Ed Snider would roll over in his grave.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Must not have been any evidence to support the choking allegation or the charges would be a lot different.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
Must not have been any evidence to support the choking allegation or the charges would be a lot different.
yup
twas likely BS
and "harassment" without any sort of assault like charge means he yelled at some people [most likely]

send in the lowball offfer!

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Wow...you guys are real heroes here. No pictures, she must be lying. Except for the fact that this ******* is in some **** every year. If it was so easy to frame, why doesn't every player in the NHL get framed every offseason? It's because he's a POS that is doing something. Just slimy enough to get away with it. And people wonder why women are afraid of coming forward.

But hey Kane's scores goals. Sports team has to go #1 over being a decent human being.

Apr 10, 2012
Inner Space
I'd rather have Mac play 30 mins a night then watch Kane on the Flyers. He would be an absolutely disgrace to that crest. Ed Snider would roll over in his grave.

You forget Billy Tippets? Or Keven Stevens? Or even Steve Downie? Snider was alive for all of those, so.... Yeah, we have taken on our share of troubled players.

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware

:laugh: with as many troubled flyers as we have had over the years? Kane would be the one to disgrace the crest? I think we wouldn't think to much of it when he puts up 25-35 goals a year on giroux's wing

Apr 10, 2012
Inner Space
I'd rather see Kane play for the Pens and win a back-to-back Stanley Cup before he wears the O&B.

You are crazy, that is all. Innocent until proven guilty. And I'm assuming since he isn't in jail, he is innocent? Or did I miss the court appearence? Anyway, if the judges and such didn't deem him guilty, then that's good enough for me, in this instance.

BackWithaVengeance

Jan 19, 2008
Germany
So, you have the same feelings towards Cousins then?

It doesn't matter if he already plays for the Flyers or not if this is your point.

I am no judge by any means but I love this sport too much to see it represented by guys with suspect behaviour off the ice.

The game is fast, mean and rough but also honest.

We will probably never know. If Cousins did it, yes I do.

But in Kanes case it has become a regularity. At some point you gotta ask yourself where the role model function is already?

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware
It doesn't matter if he already plays for the Flyers or not if this is your point.

I am no judge by any means but I love this sport too much to see it represented by guys with suspect behaviour off the ice.

The game is fast, mean and rough but also honest.

We will probably never know. If Cousins did it, yes I do.

But in Kanes case it has become a regularity. At some point you gotta ask yourself where the role model function is already?

You're not making much sense, so because his name has popped up multiple times and never found guilty you wouldn't want him? You mean to tell me you wouldn't want patrick Kane in this team either? His name has been up just as many times as Evander if not more

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad