Any interest in Evander Kane?

TheBlackFish

Jun 22, 2016
I think given how low his stock is the Flyers could kill two birds with one stone as follows:

PHI:
Evander Kane - 2 yrs/3.75 AAV (1.5M retained)
Conditional 3rd (2018)

Buffalo:
Andrew MacDonald - 4 yrs/3.5 AAV (1.5M retained)
Jordan Weal
Robert Hagg
2nd (2017)

Sabres need a LHD and AMac @ 3.5 million isn't all that bad. If Kane is problematic he would be easy to get rid of @ 3.75.

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
I would take a shot at Kane. Risk vs reward is worth it for me.

I doubt your deal gets it done.

Maybe

Read
Hagg
2nd 2017

for

Kane

I doubt my deal is any better. Hopefully, Kane has really fallen out of favor with BUF especially with the Okposo signing

briererocks

Nov 23, 2011
I think given how low his stock is the Flyers could kill two birds with one stone as follows:

PHI:
Conditional 3rd (2018)

Buffalo:
Jordan Weal
Robert Hagg
2nd (2017)

Sabres need a LHD and AMac @ 3.5 million isn't all that bad. If Kane is problematic he would be easy to get rid of @ 3.75.

No interest in Kane, but if we can get rid of MacDonald at the cost of getting Kane I would do it.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Oh good, we can pay to get a guy who'll be run out of town by the fans and media.

If it gets MacD's contract off our books I'm down.
I would be willing to do Laughton + MacD for Kane.
We lose Laughton, but at the least we gain a pretty good 2LW and we don't risk losing Laughton/Cousins in the expansion.

TheBlackFish

Jun 22, 2016
He'd probably be a good choice in the expansion draft, or failing that, bought out afterwards. Plus, moving Read and Amac clears the deck for free agency.

Like I posted above, except for the 2nd, I like it a lot.

Without the 2nd Buffalo likely has no interest and just keeps him. Has to be something beyond depth pieces to justify moving a young proven top 6 forward, regardless of character.

TheBlackFish

Jun 22, 2016
If it gets MacD's contract off our books I'm down.
I would be willing to do Laughton + MacD for Kane.
We lose Laughton, but at the least we gain a pretty good 2LW and we don't risk losing Laughton/Cousins in the expansion.

I like the idea of using Laughton. If he had a good year he likely ends up in Vegas. If he has a bad year his stock plummets. He doesn't really have a role with Hakstol so the latter is more likely.

Apr 10, 2012
Inner Space
I'd do it. Don't like the idea of getting rid of Hagg +2, but I mean, he def. can play. Maybe he gets a fire lit under his butt here? Who knows, seems worth the risk, IMO.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016

PHI:
Conditional 3rd (2018)

Buffalo:
Jordan Weal
Robert Hagg
2nd (2017)

If I were Ron Hextall I'd take that deal, especially if the flyers could get Andrew MacDonald's salary off the books. The 2nd round pick is kinda steep and losing Hagg would be bad but I'd probably still take that deal.
What's the condition on the 2018 3rd round pick going to Philadelphia

TheBlackFish

Jun 22, 2016
What's the condition on the 2018 3rd round pick going to Philadelphia

Something tied to Kane's performance (If he scores less than 30 goals over his remaining contract). That way there is some protection for the Flyers in that they would not have given up so many pieces in return for nothing but a dumpster fire.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
He is a good player and everything. If I were Hextall, I don't want that kind of player near my team.

pucksandpups

Feb 18, 2015
Chicago, IL
I don't want him anywhere near the Flyers, or potentially influencing our young guys. I have no problem with giving someone a fresh start if they make an immature mistake but if there's any truth to the things that multiple women now have said about him then he should be avoided like the plague.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Kane's terrible but I'd do it just to get out of MacDonald's contract earlier. I'd just expose Kane in the expansion draft who's more likely to get claimed than MacDonald.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
The whole point of this trade would be for the Flyers to get rid of Andrew MacDonald's cap hit, although in this proposal the flyers would have to eat 1.5mil for the next 4 seasons of MacD's contract.

The bad apple is E Kane.
If this was a real trade that went down, why not just place E Kane on waivers, then if no one picks E Kane up then reassign him to the Lehigh Valley for the remainder of the year until the expansion draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad