Any interest in Evander Kane?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
nhl's lawrence philips lite?

He hasn't been convicted of anything to this point but he's had a lot of dust ups over the years. He just seemingly can't keep a low profile. Controversy always seems to follow him whether it be on or off the ice.

His play keeps dipping on top of it making him be seen as a guy that I don't many teams around the league are interested. Buffalo's one year in from acquiring him & already has him on the trading block which is pretty telling. They went hard to get him when they did. They even overpayed at the time just to get him in season so they didn't have to compete with more teams in the offseason.

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
He hasn't been convicted of anything to this point but he's had a lot of dust ups over the years. He just seemingly can't keep a low profile. Controversy always seems to follow him whether it be on or off the ice.

His play keeps dipping on top of it making him be seen as a guy that I don't many teams around the league are interested. Buffalo's one year in from acquiring him & already has him on the trading block which is pretty telling. They went hard to get him when they did. They even overpayed at the time just to get him in season so they didn't have to compete with more teams in the offseason.

teams sure have a lot more patience for this kind of bull**** when its involving good/great players rather than mediocre ones...

must say im a lot more surprised by his play dropping off so quickly than the fact hes ****ing up so much...always seemed like an immature ****head.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013

There is video I think. if he doesn't get charges, its because he paid, still means he's a POS

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
He's being charged with non-criminal harassment.

I'd take a try on him, provided it's discount bin levels, or the trading of an undesirable contract.

While he's been inconsistent season to season, Kane is on a skill level probably equal to Schenn. When engaged, he plays a "Flyers" brand of hockey, and fits the bigger, more skilled forward Hextall has alluded too.

Ray Emery was a character flawed person before he came here, and was a model citizen in the NHL after his KHL stint (afaik).

I'm willing to offer E. Kane a chance, because I'd graciously welcome P. Kane on this team too. Something something, throw baby out, something, bath water.

A trade for Kane is a win now move that shouldn't threaten the future. Even if he does turn out to be an habitual bad egg, there should be enough infrastructure through the organization and leadership in the locker room to mitigate any negative effects.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I would trade Andrew Macdonald for him. I use to love him but he really has played poorly, been injured, and had a lot of bad publicity.

I don't think this team has the veteran presence and leadership to really sway him in the right direction

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I don't care what he's been charged, if there is video of this ahole physically assaulting a woman, nobody should want him on the team. These guys are BAD guys, they aren't a 1 time assault thing, this is there nature, to ASSAULT. He WILL do it again and tarnish the Flyers name.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
He's being charged with non-criminal harassment.

I'd take a try on him, provided it's discount bin levels, or the trading of an undesirable contract.

While he's been inconsistent season to season, Kane is on a skill level probably equal to Schenn. When engaged, he plays a "Flyers" brand of hockey, and fits the bigger, more skilled forward Hextall has alluded too.

Ray Emery was a character flawed person before he came here, and was a model citizen in the NHL after his KHL stint (afaik).

I'm willing to offer E. Kane a chance, because I'd graciously welcome P. Kane on this team too. Something something, throw baby out, something, bath water.

A trade for Kane is a win now move that shouldn't threaten the future. Even if he does turn out to be an habitual bad egg, there should be enough infrastructure through the organization and leadership in the locker room to mitigate any negative effects.

This is a tired cliche usually reserved for national media and fans of other teams.

Ray Emery's alleged character flaws pale in comparison to the immature, selfish, and frankly, disgusting behavior Kane has displayed.

In the first incident at 3:11 a.m. police stated:

“… While inside Bottoms Up nightclub, suspect threatened complainant and made derogatory comments to her. While outside … suspect grabbed complainant around the throat and tried pushing her into his car.”

In the second incident at 3:15 a.m., police stated:

“… that while inside Bottoms Up, suspect grabbed her by the arms and tried forcing her out of the bar.”

If any of this actually happened, and we won't know until after the trial, I want no part of this guy. He's lucky he isn't getting charged with attempting to abduct these women.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Exactly, its one step above rape.

And you people want this disgusting animal on the team? I'm serious, if this guy was acquired, I'm out. I'll go be a fan of another team.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I'm not saying Evander Kane is a good guy, but I'm not going to label him a "disgusting animal" yet based on uncorroborated allegations.

The number of false or highly exaggerated claims in domestic disputes is mind boggling. For all I know, this woman could have attacked Evander for perceived flirting with someone else, and when Evander tried to restrain the woman she, in her already irate state, called the police and accused him of physical abuse.

Not saying that's what happened, but that kind of stuff happens ALL the time. Hence, I'm not willing to label Kane a "disgusting animal" quite yet on uncorroborated allegations of this nature.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Why on earth would you allow, much less want, this kind of character inside the dressing room of a team that is going to be very young for the next several years? And it's not that he is a problem in the dressing room, because apparently he isn't - but do you realize how much time these guys spend together outside the locker room? And that is where Kane is the problem. He is not some kind of transcendent talent that makes it worth the risk that he adversely effects even one of our bright young things on the way. Let him be someone else's problem. I don't want us to be associated with his ilk.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I'm not saying Evander Kane is a good guy, but I'm not going to label him a "disgusting animal" yet based on uncorroborated allegations.

The number of false or highly exaggerated claims in domestic disputes is mind boggling. For all I know, this woman could have attacked Evander for perceived flirting with someone else, and when Evander tried to restrain the woman she, in her already irate state, called the police and accused him of physical abuse.

Not saying that's what happened, but that kind of stuff happens ALL the time. Hence, I'm not willing to label Kane a "disgusting animal" quite yet on uncorroborated allegations of this nature.

It's every ****ing year with this guy. One time, ok, accident, two times, ummm, ok, three or more, he's a jackass and needs to be removed from the NHL.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

The board contrarian has spoken lol.

Give this a read..

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/a-timeline-of-kanes-indiscretions-with-jets/

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Oh we're starting this **** again? :laugh:

giphy.gif

Didn't we learn our lesson with the Kane situation? This discussion can not end well.

OriginJM

matt stromes skating coach
Feb 4, 2010
Is everyone fine with having Cousins on the team?

think theres a difference between an incident as a minor and a long string of immature heinous actions with no apparent sense of remorse continuing into your mid-20s

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
The biggest problem with Kane is simple: will he do something that prevents him from playing/destroys his career? The morals thing is really secondary because if he was a 40 goal scorer as long as he didn't get suspended nobody would care if he was a bad guy. For example the team of my youth was the 86 Mets. I love that team more than any team I've ever rooted for and when they had the reunions I was there. The team is the most beloved team in Mets history and one of the most beloved in NY sports history. As you are well aware, that team was filled with guys who were not good guys (hell, one just claimed that he hired people to get dirt on umpires so he could blackmail them). The bottom line is that they won and the fact that Lenny Dykstra is an awful person doesn't make me appreciate his contribution to that team any less.

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
think theres a difference between an incident as a minor and a long string of immature heinous actions with no apparent sense of remorse continuing into your mid-20s

Cousins was 19. I can't root for a person like him, Ribeiro, E. Kane, P. Kane, etc. If you're going to bring this stuff up with E. Kane, be consistent...

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014

OriginJM

Feb 4, 2010
Cousins was 19. I can't root for a person like him, Ribeiro, E. Kane, P. Kane, etc. If you're going to bring this stuff up with E. Kane, be consistent...

thats the issue

kane consistently acts like a dick, no one on flyers roster is similar.

if you want to lump cousins in the same group as repeated off-ice offenders who still have issues past being a teenager, then i think thats just petty and unfair.

a lot of people deserve second chances, and cousins is literally the only one out of that group that seems to be taking it to heart.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Calling someone a disgusting animal is often inappropriate, just on a decency level.

But echoing sabremike, the outrage wouldn't matter if he could do his job well. History is bereft with individuals whom were bad actors in their day and are celebrated now. Andrew Jackson and Cecil John Rhodes are two examples of hateful and contentiously evil men whom are still celebrated today.
In context of all that could be evil, Kane hasn't reached their level, nor that of a Cosby/Woody Allen/Polanski.

On Topic:
The Flyers brand was basically offensive forchecker, not a void defensively, plays physical with skill and size. Basically what Hextall said he wanted. I'm not advocating for Matt Martin over here, Kane skills > Marain skills. Forgive the use of shorthand, or not.

And let's not kid our selves, Kane would make the Flyers a better hockey team today. I have more faith in the current organization that they could manage a malcontent with minimal collateral damage to a few younger players than the others. So, i'm guilty of having faith in contrast to the non-believers.

Kane in, plus MacDonald out equals better team. Leave him exposed during the expansion draft and it might not even be an issue for the following season when his contract expires.

There's a lot of sanctimonious rubbish being thrown around by folks in glass houses, it's tiring.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
My issue is that in Philly, doing your job well doesn't keep media and fans from trying to run you out of town, and Evander Kane of all NHL players is easily the most likely to face that. No team needs that distraction, and for that reason I don't see him as an ideal fit here.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Calling someone a disgusting animal is often inappropriate, just on a decency level.

But echoing sabremike, the outrage wouldn't matter if he could do his job well. History is bereft with individuals whom were bad actors in their day and are celebrated now. Andrew Jackson and Cecil John Rhodes are two examples of hateful and contentiously evil men whom are still celebrated today.
In context of all that could be evil, Kane hasn't reached their level, nor that of a Cosby/Woody Allen/Polanski.

On Topic:
The Flyers brand was basically offensive forchecker, not a void defensively, plays physical with skill and size. Basically what Hextall said he wanted. I'm not advocating for Matt Martin over here, Kane skills > Marain skills. Forgive the use of shorthand, or not.

And let's not kid our selves, Kane would make the Flyers a better hockey team today. I have more faith in the current organization that they could manage a malcontent with minimal collateral damage to a few younger players than the others. So, i'm guilty of having faith in contrast to the non-believers.

Kane in, plus MacDonald out equals better team. Leave him exposed during the expansion draft and it might not even be an issue for the following season when his contract expires.

There's a lot of sanctimonious rubbish being thrown around by folks in glass houses, it's tiring.

I've never assaulted a female, considering this "human" is constantly being associated with female abuse, I'll say what I want.

Oh, but hey, he's a better hockey player than MacDonald, lets turn the other way.

OriginJM

Feb 4, 2010
you truly have no direct knowledge as to either part of this sentence

yeah dude, obviously

a big part of what matters is the demeanor players choose to expose to the public. kane has consistently chosen to act poorly without care, you don't need to spend too much time on google to find steady evidence. (find me a flyer with an article like this)

i don't know what the flyers do every second of their private lives; but if reports aren't leaking every few weeks of some boneheaded move done by the same player, i think its safe to assume no one in the locker room is as big an issue compared to evander.

Last edited:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

On Topic:

Since I have never, and will never, choke a woman and try to abduct her, I can safely throw stones from my high horse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad