Any interest in Evander Kane?

BackWithaVengeance

Jan 19, 2008
Germany
You're not making much sense, so because his name has popped up multiple times and never found guilty you wouldn't want him? You mean to tell me you wouldn't want patrick Kane in this team either? His name has been up just as many times as Evander if not more

:laugh:

Fine by me.

I don't feel like I have to convince anyone.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
StrangerDanger, kelmitchell- I agree with what you've recently written.

Kane the hockey player makes the Flyers instantly better (obvious caveat on the acquisition costs.) Kane the person has made several mistakes, but none so egregious that it prevents him from playing hockey, ala Slava Voynov. Up until and past the Voynov line, I would welcome Kane on the team, and expect the current Flyers and management to keep him in line. Because I have faith in the O&B more so than the Atlanta, Winnipeg, or Buffalo rosters and management.

When are we going to start screening fans for foul-play incidents? Coming clean, I had a speeding ticket recently that had cost me 3 points, and I have two expunged incidents not on my record. You can try to pry my Desjardins sweater out of my cold dead hands.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
There is video evidence according to the article posted above.

The article said there was photographic evidence of what he was charged with: four counts of non-criminal harassment; one count of misdemeanor trespass; and one count of disorderly conduct.

If there was video evidence of him choking a woman, rest assured he'd be facing a much more serious charge.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
The frequency of the incidents with Evander, however relatively minor, cause some concern that his behavior might get worse before it gets better. If he can't go to clubs without getting in trouble, maybe his support network should encourage him to have private parties or cut back. He's not irredeemable yet but there won't be many more chances. The NHL let LA void Richards' long contract and he was not even convicted. Is it worth having a guy that talented on the Flyers if it just means disrupting a good, tightknit team?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Kane's not on the trade block just because of his off the ice transgressions. He's been pretty underwhelming on the ice for quite some time now. He was pretty disappointing in Buffalo last year despite getting good ice time & usage.

The fact that Buffalo reportedly has Kane & Bogosian on the block after one full season tells you all you need to know. They got hosed badly in that trade.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
The frequency of the incidents with Evander, however relatively minor, cause some concern that his behavior might get worse before it gets better. If he can't go to clubs without getting in trouble, maybe his support network should encourage him to have private parties or cut back. He's not irredeemable yet but there won't be many more chances. The NHL let LA void Richards' long contract and he was not even convicted. Is it worth having a guy that talented on the Flyers if it just means disrupting a good, tightknit team?

Kane is not a model citizen. In fact, he sounds a lot like Shady McCoy.

But I also don't think you need a team full of choirboys. Considering this team's need at LW, I'd take a chance on him in the bargain rack -- with the caveat I'd want to consult with some references to make sure he isn't a complete disaster. I can put up with some immaturity issues here and there as long as it's not an everyday trait.

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware
StrangerDanger, kelmitchell- I agree with what you've recently written.

Kane the hockey player makes the Flyers instantly better (obvious caveat on the acquisition costs.) Kane the person has made several mistakes, but none so egregious that it prevents him from playing hockey, ala Slava Voynov. Up until and past the Voynov line, I would welcome Kane on the team, and expect the current Flyers and management to keep him in line. Because I have faith in the O&B more so than the Atlanta, Winnipeg, or Buffalo rosters and management.

When are we going to start screening fans for foul-play incidents? Coming clean, I had a speeding ticket recently that had cost me 3 points, and I have two expunged incidents not on my record. You can try to pry my Desjardins sweater out of my cold dead hands.

:laugh: how dare you!!

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Kane's not on the trade block just because of his off the ice transgressions. He's been pretty underwhelming on the ice for quite some time now. He was pretty disappointing in Buffalo last year despite getting good ice time & usage.

The fact that Buffalo reportedly has Kane & Bogosian on the block after one full season tells you all you need to know. They got hosed badly in that trade.
Yep, basically it's only that 30 goal season from 2011/12 that could make you believe that Kane can be a top line power forward. But that season is starting to look like a fluke.
He'll be 25 in a few days and his career numbers so far don't look very impressive. Tbh, at this point I don't think he's even worth a thread about trading for him. But tbf, I never really liked him anyway...
Also I don't want a guy like Kane around our young players. His teammates in Winnipeg didn't like him and as soon as Buffalo starts playing for more than draft picks they will become frustrated with him, as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad