any idiot can buy a hockey ticket

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Throw all the money to buy a team... Sounds a lot like the leafs strategy. I think if you relax and wait a bit for our prospects to grow, then spend when you know all the cards are in place... 1 more year... Wait for it

Why do people always assume that If we spend money we'll spend it like Toronto? Why can't we spend it like Chicago,Boston,Detroit etc.?

sam2020

Apr 1, 2014
Why do people always assume that If we spend money we'll spend it like Toronto? Why can't we spend it like Chicago,Boston,Detroit etc.?

You have one group of fans who wants to spend and make the team better then you have another that just wants to spend for the sake of it.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
It is not about spending for the sake of spending.
MacArthur/Turris/Alfie
Michalek/Spezza/Ryan

That is a team that will compete. Too bad we will never know because of the budget.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
It is not about spending for the sake of spending.
MacArthur/Turris/Alfie
Michalek/Spezza/Ryan

That is a team that will compete. Too bad we will never know because of the budget.

Alfie??? IMO the Sens can compete today with the players they have now in the organization & stay easily under the cap & only increases the internal budget slightly to sign the approriate UFAs. I don't know what it would cost to re-sign Michalek & Hemsky for next season nor how much term they would want but I don't think the overall budget would total over $60 mil for next season with this team. This would include the increases to the RFAs as well. Below is a full 23 man roster of players who will most likely be playing in Ottawa next season if the UFAs & RFAS are all re-signed with the exception of Kassian & if no one is traded. Still a pretty good team on paper anyway although I think BM will try & make a deal for Chris Sterwart (Hoffman, Wiercioch & Condra could all be trade bait).

Michalek - Spezza - Hemsky - they played welll since the trade
MacArthur - Turris - Ryan - all three had decent yrs & could be better next yr
Hoffman - Zibanejad - Stone - Stone proved he belonged, Hoffman not quite yet
Greening - Z. Smith - Neil/Condra - decent 4th line

Methot - Karlsson
Phillips - Ceci - wish Phillips wasn't re-signed, I imagine he will continue to play a lot
Cowen - Gryba/Wiercioch/Boroweicki

Anderson - Lehner

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad