Any fellow Thrashers fans?

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I have to imagine there are some Atlanta fans happy to see some of these guys where they are right now...though the roster is completely different than when it was in Atlanta...still some names there that fans follow and loved.

Little
Byfuglien
Enstrom

Wheeler and Chiarot deserve a mention.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I'm not sure what relevance the building of Mercedes-Benz Stadium is for the future of hockey in Atlanta?

Well having a nice new venue doesnt hurt. Im sure they are on a long list of places wanting a team. Im just curious if they have even discussed it again.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Well having a nice new venue doesnt hurt. Im sure they are on a long list of places wanting a team. Im just curious if they have even discussed it again.

Again, I'm not sure how a new venue for their football team helps or hurts their chances of getting another NHL team. If Mercedes-Benz could host hockey, maybe, but since it doesn't...

farshi

Feb 28, 2012
So, the Lightning played in a baseball stadium for a few years. Are you saying it couldnt be done?
It could be but why would an arena with a 70,000 capacity (most of which would be empty) be a factor which encourages someone to move a team there.

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
So, the Lightning played in a baseball stadium for a few years. Are you saying it couldnt be done?
Because it’s 2018 not 1992. If you’re coming into the league you need a proper building built for hockey, not setting up shop in an NFL stadium because 25 years ago someone else did it while waiting for their new 20k seat arena to open.

Quite a ridiculous argument.

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
It's not terribly likely.

Anyway, with some Thrashers fans turning into Preds fans and some sticking with the Jets, should be a fun year for them. Still hate the thought of any fans losing their team. I never really went through it with the Jets because I moved here after the Jets were gone and had been a Rangers fan for most of my life.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
It could be but why would an arena with a 70,000 capacity (most of which would be empty) be a factor which encourages someone to move a team there.

I wasnt saying it was THE factor but having a new venue helps.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
With the Jets being dominant this year, and headed to the playoffs - have any Thrasher fans been watching the odd game this season?

No. I don't feel any connection to that team at all.

Any atlanta fans think they could get a team again at some point? They did just build that new stadium.

The NHL will be back eventually. Atlanta's too big of a TV market.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Because it’s 2018 not 1992. If you’re coming into the league you need a proper building built for hockey, not setting up shop in an NFL stadium because 25 years ago someone else did it while waiting for their new 20k seat arena to open.

Quite a ridiculous argument.

Ok fine point.

Look I was just curious if they ever talked about bringing hockey back to Atlanta.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
No. I don't feel any connection to that team at all.

The NHL will be back eventually. Atlanta's too big of a TV market.
How many times does a city have to lose it's franchise before people finally admit that maybe it's just not the right market?

Third time's a charm?

Reactions: jetsforever

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Yea but its besides my point but people keep harping on the new arena comment.

Well, it's not an arena.

It's like saying, "Hey, my town has a very large public pool. Any chance we get an NHL team?"

Anyway, I am sure the Atlanta ThrashFlamers will be back as like the 42nd team in 2050. If the league continues to grow it will have to be back, but mot anytime soon.

Fun sidebar: I love how relocation gave a midsize city in Alberta a team named after General Sherman's scorched earth campaign through the Confederacy in the Civil War.

Last edited:
Reactions: jetsforever

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad