Any DISCGOLFERS in here?

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
Lololo. Frustration can definitely be part of the game but at least you got the itch to get back out there.

I have only played about 20 times and surprisingly didn't enter a single tournament this summer as my schedule just didn't seem to mesh with the dates.

I also didn't play as much because my best disc golf buddy got a new job and moved to Winnipeg about 6 months ago.

It sucks to lose my disc golf partner but I'm very happy for him. He landed his dream job, bought a beautiful house, is closer to his family & old friends and then asked his long time GF to marry him and she said yes :thumbu:

I actually just got to see him about 2 weeks ago as he was out here for business so of course we skipped work and played....man I miss him :(

Did you pick up any new disc's this year?

I still haven't found a replacement for the Tee Bird I lost last year and it's getting frustrating. I've found a couple of them but just didn't like the feel of the plastic or they were the wrong weight....The search continues.

Hello! How has the new season started? :)

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
Snow just melted today and brown grass everywhere.

I'd say I'm about 2 weeks out before I start throwing for the season :thumbu:

and still haven't found a nice Tee Bird to replace the one I lost :(

how about you?

I have been out 3-4 times and my form must still be asleep. Performed horribly. I also have hit a wall regarding distance. I can't get past 300-320 feet. Trying to watch the elite guys and emulate, but get very little power and speed. =/

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
How is your d
So how's it going with the disc's? Do you think their still too light for your arm and wrist power?

Hello again! How are things?

I have found a decent group of discs I use and have hovered just a couple of throws above course par on our lical course (Ymer on Udisc).

Now I'm looking for a disc that is identical to The Gstar boss, or Pro boss.

Do ypu know which would be a good choice?

I have learned that the flight numbers only say a fraction of what the disc actually is. :)

Reactions: Jack Burton

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
How is your d

I have found a decent group of discs I use and have hovered just a couple of throws above course par on our lical course (Ymer on Udisc).

I have learned that the flight numbers only say a fraction of what the disc actually is. :)
Things are great!

Try a Dominator!

Very similar to a Boss but a little more stable. Gstar or Pro will work but I recommend the Pro model.

The flight # are correct, you just need to break that disc in then cherish it. Weight is also important as we've discussed.

Have you found your weight yet?

I'm guessing driver's in the 173g to 174g range.

Mids in the 177g to 180g range (175g for super stable)

175g for your putter and a high wind 180g putter?

Am I right?

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
How is your d

And little side note...I've noticed ya in the Canucks board but not too often.

What ya think of the Pettersson kid?

I can say that I was completely wrong about him :oops:

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
Things are great!

Try a Dominator!

Very similar to a Boss but a little more stable. Gstar or Pro will work but I recommend the Pro model.

The flight # are correct, you just need to break that disc in then cherish it. Weight is also important as we've discussed.

Have you found your weight yet?

I'm guessing driver's in the 173g to 174g range.

Mids in the 177g to 180g range (175g for super stable)

175g for your putter and a high wind 180g putter?

Am I right?

My weights are pretty much 172-175 grams on all discs.

The thing that I have the hardest thing controlling, are the straight up-shots. I can throw a driver totally straight and usually in the right direction, but as soon as I throw a mid and don't do my usual full wind-up, I can't aim worth of shit. Throwing at 80-100% is fine, throwing at 50% screws me up, it feels like it should be the opposite.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
And little side note...I've noticed ya in the Canucks board but not too often.

What ya think of the Pettersson kid?

I can say that I was completely wrong about him :oops:

I believe that Pettersson can become a Canuck legend, but also that he is a tad over-rated by the fans, if that makes any sense.

The key for him is to find the correct supporting cast the next couple of years. He probably needs wingers like Landeskog (physical 2-way winger) and someone like Panarin or Marner on the other flank. Then he could become a 100 point player.

Sadly I'm not totally sold on Boeser.

What's your thought?

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Can’t believe I just now found this thread! I’ve been playing regularly for about a year and a half. I’m still not that great (best score is +4) but I enjoy playing a lot and it’s good exercise. Here’s my bag, mostly throwing Discraft so it’s Discraft unless noted :laugh:

Distance Drivers:

Discmania Cloudbreaker (S-line DD3)
Paige Pierce ESP Nuke
Innova Star Shryke
Innova Ricky Wysocki Star Destroyer
Paul McBeth Hades
Z Thrasher
Innova Pro Katana
ESP Crank

Fairway Drivers:

Discmania c-line FD
Paige Pierce Z Undertaker
Z Stalker
Big Z Raptor
Discmania Evolution Instinct
Innova Leopard (Roller disc mainly)

Mids:

Discmania Iron Samurai (Metal Flake MD3)
Z Wasp
Z Buzzz SS
Paul McBeth ESP Buzzz

Putt and Approach:

Paul McBeth Z Zone (x2)
Paul McBeth Luna (x2)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad