Speculation: Any chance Dubas tries to re-coop draft picks this week?

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Your claim was that we had a lot of younger players on the team currently that is keeping our list from being more highly ranked that's incorrect. We have also had a 4th line that has been made of vet min dudes a lot of guys like Nick A and Anderson would be on that line if they were ready to be.

As for the players above which of them have showed you anything in the past

The marlies have looked pretty bad in call ups Holmberg has rarely played on NA ice and even the dude that runs the marlies thinks that Douglas is 3/4 more years away

The ones in later drafts could make it who knows that's why they're prospects expecting Amirov to do anything after a brain tumor is unrealistic.

If we had a good pool wed have more then the "possibly" of maybe one player being on the roster this year.

Knies seems like the one that can be considered a bonified nhl readyprospect but we have seem to have pissed him off for whatever reason. Hopefully he can be basically free trade deadline add for us After the NCAA season
I love these takes based on nothing....LOL

rocketman588

Jan 15, 2021
I'd say Robertson, Amirov, Knies, and Niemela are all blue-chip or close to it.
I will give you knies
Niemela is still a definite gamble
Amirov is most likely never playing hockey again
Robertson has very obvious flaws to his game

1 blue chip
1 possibly
1 little chance
1 no chance

If this is what we're hanging our hat on that's not great

Source/Link?

He's playing in the NCAA instead of a top 6 roll with the leafs it's pretty obvious something went wrong

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
I will give you knies

1 blue chip
1 possibly
1 little chance
1 no chance

He's playing in the NCAA instead of a top 6 roll with the leafs it's pretty obvious something went wrong

What is the source that Amirov will most likely never play again? Also pretty sure we will get a 15th overall pick out of that unless I am mistaken.

Robertson is 20 (I think) and putting up PPG in the AHL, which is hard to ignore.

Niemela is the one I think is least likely to be an impact player in the NHL.

Your evaluation is terrible which is probably why you think we have a terrible pool of prospects.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
I will give you knies

1 blue chip
1 possibly
1 little chance
1 no chance

This is it. And Dubas wants some Marlies to step up this year - Steeves? Anderson? Robertson? Hardly exciting

Reactions: ToneDog

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I will give you knies

1 blue chip
1 possibly
1 little chance
1 no chance

Prospect evaluation seems pretty accurate.

I'm sure things are fine with Knies though, just wants one more year in school. It happens, don't think it's a concern.

Reactions: LeafGrief

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Prospect evaluation seems pretty accurate.

I'm sure things are fine with Knies though, just wants one more year in school. It happens, don't think it's a concern.
ya, top-tier player evaluation...

here is all the U21 AHL forwards sorted by PPG...

Lots of busts here... Krebs, Newhook, Reichel, Brisson, Boldy, Holtz, Peterka, Perfetti, Rossi, Caufield, all of them are terrible all worse or barely better than Robertson. Quinn is the only one who isn't a bust.

Screen Shot 2022-07-05 at 3.27.47 PM.png

rocketman588

Jan 15, 2021
What is the source that Amirov will most likely never play again? Also pretty sure we will get a 15th overall pick out of that unless I am mistaken.

Robertson is 20 (I think) and putting up PPG in the AHL, which is hard to ignore.

Your evaluation is terrible which is probably why you think we have a terrible pool of prospects.

He has a brain tumor dude. He's very likely to never play again and if he does how is he considered a blue chip prospect still. He'll be lucky to play again and is now a very long shot to make the NHL

What rule states we get a top 15 pick out of him not playing hockey.

Robertson has shown the inability to to get his shot off fast enough at the NHL level while also being undersized and injury prone

If you think neimela has less of a chance of making the nhl then a dude who is having treatment for a life threatening brain issue then he's not a very high level prospect

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
He has a brain tumor dude. He's very likely to never play again and if he does how is he considered a blue chip prospect still. He'll be lucky to play again and is now a very long shot to make the NHL

What rule states we get a top 15 pick out of him not playing hockey.

Robertson has shown the inability to to get his shot off fast enough at the NHL level while also being undersized and injury prone

If you think neimela has less of a chance of making the nhl then a dude who is having treatment for a life threatening brain issue then he's not a very high level prospect

Have they not given picks for people dying? I am assuming a non-hockey-related ending to a career like cancer would have the same implications. Regardless, I am in the mindset he still has a shot at playing, he is still practicing and in the gym, I am not a doctor, but I assume brain tumors have happened and people have recovered to 100% before.

He is 20 haha, he has some time, see the post above of all the busts.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Kerfoot for a 2nd and a 4th.
Campbell for a 6th
Mikheyev for a 6th.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
ya, top-tier player evaluation...

here is all the U21 AHL forwards sorted by PPG...

Lots of busts here... Krebs, Newhook, Reichel, Brisson, Boldy, Holtz, Peterka, Perfetti, Rossi, Caufield, all of them are terrible all worse or barely better than Robertson. Quinn is the only one who isn't a bust.

View attachment 564859

Newhook just hoisted the SC. Boldy is a stud. You might be seriously underestimating some of these guys and overestimating Robbie.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa

There is no rule where you get an equivalent pick if your prospect suffers a setback that ends their career. If you don't sign your first round pick you get a compensation pick in the second round.

"If a team does not sign their first-round pick within two years, they will be awarded a compensatory pick in the Draft immediately following. The pick will be in the 2nd round, equal to the selection number of the unsigned player. All other teams' selections move back one spot."

We signed Amirov, so we are therefore ineligible for any compensation related to his draft position.

Reactions: OddyOh and ToneDog

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
I think he will recoup a goalie:). I dont think he does anything with the 1st unless its drop 3 or 4 because he sees a tier. The pick goes only if it's part of a bigger deal. I guess Kerf and Holl go for picks because they dont want money back.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Newhook just hoisted the SC. Boldy is a stud. You might be seriously underestimating some of these guys and overestimating Robbie.

It was sarcasm, to say he has taken a step back because he doesn't fit into our top 9 is hilarious to me, he is putting up great numbers for his age in the AHL.

Reactions: ToneDog

rocketman588

Jan 15, 2021
Have they not given picks for people dying? I am assuming a non-hockey-related ending to a career like cancer would have the same implications. Regardless, I am in the mindset he still has a shot at playing, he is still practicing and in the gym, I am not a doctor, but I assume brain tumors have happened and people have recovered to 100% before.

He is 20 haha, he has some time, see the post above of all the busts.

Maybe if he died within the year if the draft I don't know I can't see it being something the NHL does

A lot of the people on the list have already shown NHL quality at the same age.

We've been hyping Robertson ever since we didn't let him go to the world juniors because he was supposed to make the team.

I'll agree to disagree on it but I haven't seen it from him enough to be a bonified nhl ready player. We've been in positions where we had opportunity in the top 6 each of the last 3 years and he's either not been ready or been hurt

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Maybe if he died within the year if the draft I don't know I can't see it being something the NHL does

A lot of the people on the list have already shown NHL quality at the same age.

We've been hyping Robertson ever since we didn't let him go to the world juniors because he was supposed to make the team.

I'll agree to disagree on it but I haven't seen it from him enough to be a bonified nhl ready player. We've been in positions where we had opportunity in the top 6 each of the last 3 years and he's either not been ready or been hurt

Which winger in the top 6 is he pushing out? Bunting, Marner, Nylander, or Kerfoot?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Holl and Mrazek are gone this week.
Love the confidence and hope you're right but I'm skeptical it will happen.
Starting to think it's more likely they are in the opening night lineup then moved.

rocketman588

Jan 15, 2021
Which winger in the top 6 is he pushing out? Bunting, Marner, Nylander, or Kerfoot?

Kerfoot who would be a significantly better fit for a third line if we had the ability to replace him.

Love the confidence and hope you're right but I'm skeptical it will happen.
Starting to think it's more likely they are in the opening night lineup then moved.

I think it's smart to move Petr until after the draft

If we have to get rid of a pick for him giving away a 2023 is a better option for us and gives us time to try to recover what we gave up

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I think Holl will be traded, though could be for a roster player. Other than that, potentially there's a trade down scenario, but seems as if the Leafs will want to pick in the 1st round .

Hea not ready for that. He'd be with the Marlies if he signed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad