Cut/Released: Antonio Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Right now, I just hope he ends up in New England or another good team. Whatever team just has to understand it’s his way.

It’s impressive how consistently terrible your takes are both in the present and in hindsight. Please never leave this website.

:laugh:

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Can the NFL step in and rule against Brown in terms of the overall league? I mean they have been suspending players for much less than what Brown did this offseason, yet I haven't heard anything from Goodell or the players union about this mess. Now that Brown is released, shouldn't he be suspended for conduct detrimental to the league because what other team would pick him up after this?

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
i think its inevitable he ends up in NE but wouldn't be surprised if he ended up in SF, mostly out of pettiness

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
Maybe I'm being overly optimistic here but Belichick is the greatest coach in NFL history so maybe just maybe Brown will be willing to get his act together for him, and the chance to win a title. If he signs with them and goes all season without any more drama, he'd be able to get a nice contract in the spring.

This guy doesn't care about being on a winning team. He was on a perennial playoff team in Pittsburgh and he was doing all sorts of dumb sh*t there. I doubt this changes in NE. I just don't think he fully understands what's right and what's wrong. Unless you hire someone to follow his every move, he's gonna continue to do dumb sh*t.

Like who the hell goes on Youtube and puts up a conversation of him and Coach Gruden barely a few hours after apologizing in front of the media and vowing to just play football? It really takes a unique personality to pull off that kind of sh*t.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Packers fan in me hopes we sign him, but knowing our the team is run.... fat chance.

Luckily for him Rosenhaus is super connected and the top agent in the league so one way or another he'll get him somewhere good, even if he has to pull out the favour card.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Packers fan in me hopes we sign him, but knowing our the team is run.... fat chance.

Luckily for him Rosenhaus is super connected and the top agent in the league so one way or another he'll get him somewhere good, even if he has to pull out the favour card.
Brown may get signed but it’s highly unlikely he gets the amount of guaranteed money get tossed away with his actions.

The guy was 48 hours or so away from having his $20 mill this season become guaranteed yet he threw that away over a fine of just over 1% of that amount.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Antonio Brown isn't taking instructions from anyone...the idea that Belichick wants this guy anywhere near his team is pretty funny. There's a difference between a guy who has a quirky personality and has some struggles..and a guy who simply wants to do what he wants do whenever he wants to do it. Belichick is the last guy that Antonio Brown wants to be around.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Seen a few people speculated that all this AB meltdown comes back to the frostbite and his feet are actually f***ed up.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Lol 3 of the QBs on the top rumored teams are Brady, Rodgers and Wilson. Could work out nicely for Brown.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
There is more of a chance he never plays another down than he plays for the New England Patriots.

This is not Randy Moss, Chad Johnson or Josh Gordon who needed structure in his life (and he is still a work in progress in that regards). AB makes Randy Moss look like Barry Sanders.

AB literally put out a video yesterday saying he's doing things on his terms only.

He doesn't care about Super Bowl rings or winning. He wants to be paid. End of.
He threatened to quit on his team over a helmet, then threatened to punch his boss, may or may not have called his boss a cracker, records private conversations with his boss and airs them, goes in front of his team and gives "apologies" and then demands his release publicly. And this is just over the last couple of weeks.

tbh there are only 2 teams that would give AB a chance after all he's done, and he just got cut by 1 of them before even playing 1 game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad