Cut/Released: Antonio Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
there are teams that would probably offer AB a contract, but what kind of contract is AB willing to sign? he doesnt seem like the guy that would take a contract that he deems below his ability. anyone offering him a contract that he had from oakland?
He's also super confident in his abilities though. If he got a chance to play with Brady or Rodgers or something on a cheap 1 year deal, he could use it as leverage to sign a bigger deal next season. Not that NFL teams would be willing to give him that after this whole fiasco, but that may be Brown's line of thinking.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
He's also super confident in his abilities though. If he got a chance to play with Brady or Rodgers or something on a cheap 1 year deal, he could use it as leverage to sign a bigger deal next season. Not that NFL teams would be willing to give him that after this whole fiasco, but that may be Brown's line of thinking.

He would be complaining about his contract after his first big game. We all know this too.

I think Dallas and Seattle still have quite a bit of room to pay him, and I also think they're the only teams that would put up with it.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Can't believe people actually think he won't get signed :laugh:

Problems aside nobody is going to let a top 10 WR stay in the market.

If we’re talking pure talent, he’s a top 10 player. At any position.

Reactions: Voight

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
He would be complaining about his contract after his first big game. We all know this too.

I think Dallas and Seattle still have quite a bit of room to pay him, and I also think they're the only teams that would put up with it.
I doubt he'd get a big deal immediately, unless it's structured in a way that he doesn't get much guaranteed upfront. He could just sign a cheap 1 year deal with a ton of incentives and go for a bigger deal next season.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

:dunno:

I mean, they wouldn't;t guarantee any of the deal so if he acts up, they can cut him and be done with it. Gordon's situation is obviously different but they ere willing to deal with the mess and keep him. I think Belichick would tell Brown if he ever wants to get paid big again, he needs to shut up and just play football.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
N0wsjVE.gif

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I don't see it.

Belichick took in Moss and Dillion, sure. But those guys started to act out because of the crappy team situations they were in. Incredibly dysfunctional organizations too. Dillon had it out with Mike Brown over him being a cheap ass and Moss sulked because the Vikings banished him to Oakland.

Once they were put into a winning, constructive environments they were choir boys.

Compared to that, Brown just ran himself off a a team that was a decent contender with him in Pittsburgh so it's clearly not about winning. And now this crap in Oakland.

Brown only gives a damn about Brown. Dillon and MOSS were easy to justify for BB because at the very least they still wanted to win.

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

kingsholygrail

Fastest Series Loss 0-1
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
I think it's just as likely as he never plays another game as someone picks him up. Honestly, this has gone nuclear in an insane way.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I hate this line of thinking.

Just because the Tyreek Hills of the world are bigger pieces of **** than AB doesn't mean we don't get to call out other, smaller a-holes for being a-holes.

This guy's a dumbass
I think it’s fine to say the guys who do bad stuff off the field are worse people, but I would say AB is a worse employee/teammate than those guys.

He's probably my favorite football player of all time. This whole thing is just too bizarre though. I still don't know if this is some bizarre thing him and the Raiders are doing to drum up more attention and feed into the Raiders being the NFL's villain or if it's a genuine mental health issue. He's always had a cockiness to him but this is like a god complex or something.
Hard Knocks shows you how much the Raiders bent over backwards to protect him. Everything they let HBO show was flattering. Everything they let you see about Gruden or Maydock talking about him was supportive. Hard Knocks was terrible this season because of it. This was the craziest drama of the summer, and Hard Knocks left us with the impression everything was great with the team. Obviously not.

I really think having Hard Knocks show some of the meeting fights between Hue Jackson and Todd Haley and those guys getting fired a few weeks later might have put an end to us ever getting any real behind the scenes stuff from Hard Knocks ever again. I mean, there were no player evaluation discussions. It was just us watching practices and preseason games. It sucked.

Seen a few people speculated that all this AB meltdown comes back to the frostbite and his feet are actually ****ed up.
I don’t think that’s it. He could have earned $1 million this summer just by showing up to camp. He’s not the first guy to have a non football injury, but he is the first to not want to work with the team to get healthy.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
This was the craziest drama of the summer, and Hard Knocks left us with the impression everything was great with the team. Obviously not.

I really think having Hard Knocks show some of the meeting fights between Hue Jackson and Todd Haley and those guys getting fired a few weeks later might have put an end to us ever getting any real behind the scenes stuff from Hard Knocks ever again.
Lol that Hard Knocks B-reel must really be something

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
AB has a low IQ and a bad upbringing. That's a bad combination.

There's many ABs out there. Most of the time they end up making tearful apologies not in a locker room but a court room. What people need to understand - and I think the fact they struggle with this is indicative of their own problems in this area - is that doing what you're supposed to be doing and following the instructions given by your employer is a fundamental skill that will play a massive role in how your life plays out. For an employer such as an NFL team this very basic, very fundamental skill is essentially just about the only thing they need from you. A guy like Belichick will forgive you hanging out with the wrong friends, he will forgive you doing dope or drinking, he will not forgive you not practicing, ignoring his requests etc. What is demanded of AB isn't rocket science, it's the absolute basics, the mere minimum requirement of being paid for a job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad