Signing(s): Antonio Brown signs with the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Goodell seems to have relaxed his archaic way of suspending players.

Thought for sure he'd do something here, only because he loves punishing players without evidence.

Hard to see anything new that could place him on the exempt list before the game. I believe the woman won't meet with the NFL until next week after getting married

Man that wedding is going to awkwaaaaaaaaaard.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Never understood the exempt list to begin with. It's innocent until proven guilty I thought? So a guy sits x amount games and then is deemed innocent, he just missed games for nothing basically.

Not talking about Brown specifically, just in general.

Reactions: yada

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Never understood the exempt list to begin with. It's innocent until proven guilty I thought? So a guy sits x amount games and then is deemed innocent, he just missed games for nothing basically.

Not talking about Brown specifically, just in general.

NFL doesn't want the bad PR if the person ends up guilty, plus in this day and age people will say somebody guilty until the court proves otherwise.

As an example, they didn't want to hear people say "you let AP play even tho he's a child beater...." they want the family friendly image.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Even then... who was the last player punished for a civil suit?

I don't know about civil cases but Josh Brown and Kareem Hunt both landed on the list without being charged criminally, it's possible he skates completely but ol' Rog has shown on several occasions that precedent means very little when handing out punishments

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I don't know about civil cases but Josh Brown and Kareem Hunt both landed on the list without being charged criminally, it's possible he skates completely but ol' Rog has shown on several occasions that precedent means very little when handing out punishments

I could be wrong but in Browns case it was the 2nd or 3rd time DV had been an issue in his marriage so he ran out of chances... even then I swear he got a small suspension.

In Hunt's case there was video, so kind of hard for him to argue against a suspension when theres hard evidence.

This is a he said she said case as of right now.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Lotttttta civil suits you don’t necessarily hear about too

To give you an idea w the AB case both sides were negotiating under an NDA for two weeks before talks broke off and the news broke iirc. If he had settled we would probably never know about it

Reactions: Hank Chinaski

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I don't think he is out of the woods just yet, sounds like the league wants to meet with the accuser first next week

Definitely not out of the woods. As we know the league can pretty much do whatever it wants when it comes to discipline on issues like this. Would be an interesting precedent to set by the league Tho, that’s all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad