Prospect Info: Anton Lundell (2020, #12 overall), HIFK (Liiga) - signed ELC 6/7/2021

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Do you guys think he’ll be a better Tro? I know Tro seems to have have some bad blood now but I loved him when he was with us. Following him in Juniors and all that. He was a really solid player except for that period after his injury. Anyway, now he’s the enemy but if Lundell could come out better than Tro, that’d be sick.

-ghoste

Reactions: Prominence Problem

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I like that he's heading over already in August, I think that's around the time Barkov crosses the pond as well.

I'd be surprised if he's not staying at casa Barky for the first half of the season.

Reactions: Prominence Problem

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011

Hello. My name is Arnold Lundell. Trust me.

MVXCpmS.jpg

Am I loosing it or does he look a bit like Arnold? Young Arnold maybe? Put sunglasses on him and he looks like the Terminator.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Team has not been shy about putting rookies in the lineup if they show that they can handle the minutes.

I think Lundell can handle the minutes.

JEFFREY87

Oct 9, 2020
Third line center to start the season and he’ll address the second line center by the end of the season.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Do you guys think he’ll be a better Tro? I know Tro seems to have have some bad blood now but I loved him when he was with us. Following him in Juniors and all that. He was a really solid player except for that period after his injury. Anyway, now he’s the enemy but if Lundell could come out better than Tro, that’d be sick.

-ghoste

Did you see Trocheck in the playoffs? Me neither.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
Third line center to start the season and he’ll address the second line center by the end of the season.
So where does that put Bennett? Buried on the third line? Wing? He didn't produce in those roles in Calgary, why would we think he will here?

If that's the plan why sign him to a longish term deal?

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
So where does that put Bennett? Buried on the third line? Wing? He didn't produce in those roles in Calgary, why would we think he will here?

I'd reckon that the long term plan with Bennett is that he'll be Cats' 3rd line center, shutting down other teams top lines. It doesn't matter if he doesn't produce points as long as the Panthers are able to go further in the playoffs.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ

I see Bennett as the teams 2nd line center for at least next season, maybe beyond. It seems he has really bonded well with Huberdeau. If we can continue into next season what we did this season, and those two continue to play well together on the ice, it could play into Huberdeau's plans on re-signing with us. You could eventually slot him to the "3rd line," if Lundell performs well. And if he DOES perform well, you can have the Bennett line and Lundell line averaging similar minutes, giving us two "2nd lines."

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
I see Bennett as the teams 2nd line center for at least next season, maybe beyond. It seems he has really bonded well with Huberdeau. If we can continue into next season what we did this season, and those two continue to play well together on the ice, it could play into Huberdeau's plans on re-signing with us. You could eventually slot him to the "3rd line," if Lundell performs well. And if he DOES perform well, you can have the Bennett line and Lundell line averaging similar minutes, giving us two "2nd lines."

Lundell won't be able to provide high quality +20mins per game and thus Bennett is the 2nd line center even though his role is more suited to 3rd line center in the long term. Lundell needs to work on his defensive play which was apparent in the recent IIHF championships so he's going to get plenty of o-zone starts and other easier minutes. Guys like Cozens and Zegras averaged around 15mins per game in this season so I'd reckon that will be the case with Lundell too in the next season.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Lundell won't be able to provide high quality +20mins per game and thus Bennett is the 2nd line center even though his role is more suited to 3rd line center in the long term. Lundell needs to work on his defensive play which was apparent in the recent IIHF championships so he's going to get plenty of o-zone starts and other easier minutes. Guys like Cozens and Zegras averaged around 15mins per game in this season so I'd reckon that will be the case with Lundell too in the next season.

Every young player needs to work on their defensive game but when it comes to prospects his overall game is high end

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Maybe Panthers will start him as a winger? I like him a lot more as center so I hope not.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
I am excited for this kid but I remember we were excited for Borgstrom too...

I do like that he comes from that grown men’s league in Finland and not college NCAA.

drktmplr12

Feb 28, 2018
Florida
Hello. My name is Arnold Lundell. Trust me.

MVXCpmS.jpg

Am I loosing it or does he look a bit like Arnold? Young Arnold maybe? Put sunglasses on him and he looks like the Terminator.
I personally don't see it. Lundell has a much rounder face and longer chin. Arnold's facial features are very linear and defined; he looks more Hungarian than Norwegian to me

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
I personally don't see it. Lundell has a much rounder face and longer chin. Arnold's facial features are very linear and defined; he looks more Hungarian than Norwegian to me

Could be the angle of that picture of Lundell that made me think so and the confident smirk that Arnold sometimes has. Some similarities in the hairline and he seems to be in decent shape like Arnold.

You are burying the dream of having The Terminator in your team :).

Pigge

Feb 28, 2002
Best case scenario is that we roll four productive lines with 12-14 5v5 minutes each, and the labels don't matter too much.

Reactions: Clint

drktmplr12

Feb 28, 2018
Florida
Could be the angle of that picture of Lundell that made me think so and the confident smirk that Arnold sometimes has. Some similarities in the hairline and he seems to be in decent shape like Arnold.

You are burying the dream of having The Terminator in your team :).
lol! i agree with the smirk.

Reactions: Mestaruus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad