Anton Lander

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Lander's score adjusted CF this season is 38.49%. Last season it was 48.44%. And it's not like he is facing other teams 1st or 2nd lines. His line is getting dominated 5v5 mainly against other teams 3rd and 4th lines. It's beyond poor. If it wasn't for faceoffs, drawing penalties and injuries on other forwards, he'd be in the press box, and deservedly so.

Faceoffs have been the strongest part of his game. Why the other parts of his game have suffered is a mystery to me.
It might just be a due to inexperience at the NHL level.

He seems to need a very long runway to get going and make progress with each step of his career.

Mowgli

Nov 14, 2014
Based on the facthes 24 and had almost no points in 130 games, why did anyone feel this would turn out differently? Seriously, 28 points in 148gp - 35 doesn't scream elite shutdown 30pt center to me

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
lander blows i wish we could swish him out for a vet C that doesnt blow.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
So frustrating to see him taking such a giant step backwards after all the promise he showed in the spring. 0 points in 15 games is just unacceptable.

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
So frustrating to see him taking such a giant step backwards after all the promise he showed in the spring. 0 points in 15 games is just unacceptable.

Yup, this year he seems a step slower and unwilling to go that extra yard for the puck. This kid really has confidence issues.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Lander's score adjusted CF this season is 38.49%. Last season it was 48.44%. And it's not like he is facing other teams 1st or 2nd lines. His line is getting dominated 5v5 mainly against other teams 3rd and 4th lines. It's beyond poor. If it wasn't for faceoffs, drawing penalties and injuries on other forwards, he'd be in the press box, and deservedly so.

He seems to spend the majority of his even strength shifts on the ice with the third pairing (Gryba, Ference, Reinhart, et al.)--all of whom are corsi graveyards. If the opposing team gets the puck and dumps it in while one of those guys is on the ice, everybody bleeds out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad