Recalled/Assigned: Anton Lander Recalled

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005

Lander recalled, likely because of Pitlick's lacerated spleen, but my own speculation is it's the precursor to Draisaitl's re-assignment.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
That said Drai just had his best game of his pro career. I say let him build on that momentum a bit and establish and then send him down when he cools off. The game slowed down for him yesterday and he was seeing options well. lets let him build on that a bit in what has been a bewildering year.

Give him a few more games.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Play him on the wing for a game or two and see how Leon is doing if the decision to send him down hasn't already been made.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
I'm not so sure it's to replace Pitlick - apparently Pouliot has been cleared so he can take Pitlick's spot. I assume this is because they are going to send down Draisaitl, but he just had one of his best games and they still have 2 games left before they need to send him down.

We will see what happens.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
So the 2nd part of the equation is complete. Now part 3 needs to happen and then hopefully Nelson can get the most out of Lander in this incarnation.

Regarding Pitlick....if the team needs to replace him then call up Pakarinen.

He has 17 points in 26 games and is a team leading +12.

Provides a physical presence as well.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
That said Drai just had his best game of his pro career. I say let him build on that momentum a bit and establish and then send him down when he cools off. The game slowed down for him yesterday and he was seeing options well. lets let him build on that a bit in what has been a bewildering year.

I am willing to burn off 1 year of his entry contract--if he plays a few more games we also burn off 1 year of keeping him a little further away from UFA (this is a long term thing) now--he has one good game but had 35 below expected games. He better off heading back to JR for the rest of the year and maybe playing in the memorial cup.

Of the about 20 games I have watched on line this year---I am almost ready to say keep him in juniors for next year as well. He needs to work on his skating

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I am willing to burn off 1 year of his entry contract--if he plays a few more games we also burn off 1 year of keeping him a little further away from UFA (this is a long term thing) now--he has one good game but had 35 below expected games. He better off heading back to JR for the rest of the year and maybe playing in the memorial cup.

Of the about 20 games I have watched on line this year---I am almost ready to say keep him in juniors for next year as well. He needs to work on his skating

the rule is if he plays 40 games, so he can play up to 39 without us sacrificing an RFA year. He's at 37 now.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Show us you've got it Lander!

If Anton gives the Oiler's one third of that PPG; I will smile.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Perfect. He can come up here and do nothing.

That's not fair.
He had a good game in his last callup and has done nothing but improve greatly under Nelson. He has earned a chance to play the rest of the season here to see if he fits on the team long term.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
That's not fair.
He had a good game in his last callup and has done nothing but improve greatly under Nelson. He has earned a chance to play the rest of the season here to see if he fits on the team long term.

This may be his last chance with this team to show that he is an NHL player.

Nelson as the Head coach...lack of centre depth allowing for him to get some prime minutes.

The circumstances will never be more favorable for Anton Lander than they are now.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
This may be his last chance with this team to show that he is an NHL player.

Nelson as the Head coach...lack of centre depth allowing for him to get some prime minutes.

The circumstances will never be more favorable for Anton Lander than they are now.

Yep, it's nut up or shut up time for Anton. He will finally get an extended opportunity with skilled linemates so hopefully he can take the opportunity and run with it. I've always liked Lander so I hope it works out. Now or never.

dobiezeke*

He had a great game. Time is up for him...clock hit midnight. Kelowna is rocking and Drai should be there to take them to the Memorial Cup. Best thing that could be done for him - play on a solid team that will enjoy his talents.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Yep, it's nut up or shut up time for Anton. He will finally get an extended opportunity with skilled linemates so hopefully he can take the opportunity and run with it. I've always liked Lander so I hope it works out. Now or never.

I agree.
Hopefully he makes the most of this opportunity.

Jul 19, 2012

You can't give him a few more games. He burns a year toward free agency otherwise. You send him down now, or never this year.

He should not have even been here in the first place.

But following KLown's and MacT's development curve (it is a downward spiral actually) we take raw teenagers and expect them to develop physically and mentally against seasoned pro's, and wonder when they hit 23 why they are not leading this team to victory after victory.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
You can't give him a few more games. He burns a year toward free agency otherwise. You send him down now, or never this year.

But following KLown's and MacT's development curve (it is a downward spiral actually) we take raw teenagers and expect them to develop physically and mentally against seasoned pro's, and wonder when they hit 23 why they are not leading this team to victory after victory.

I'm unfamiliar with the numbers. I thought they burned the year when he played 10games.

When did they change that?

If we haven't burned a year already then send him down.

kickaction

Dec 4, 2014

I don't think it's the worst idea to take someone like Drai and give him a taste of the NHL. You can argue about whether it should've been this many games, but now he knows exactly what he'll be up against and train accordingly.

Jul 19, 2012
I'm unfamiliar with the numbers. I thought they burned the year when he played 10games.

When did they change that?

If we haven't burned a year already then send him down.

It's 10 games for burning a year of his ELC.

It's 40 games towards UFA status.

So if he plays past game 40 then he has 6 not 7 years to go towards UFA status and has already burnt year 1 of his current contract.

Give him a 9 game look certainly. But it was just irresponsible of MacT from a management perspective (and I am sure our good old POHO) has a say as it is Hockey Ops) to burn a year of his ELC this year.

It certainly looks like with Lander coming up they don't want to burn a year towards FA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad