Rumor: Anton Blidh signs ELC

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
They could have jumpstarted the fourth line last season by utilizing the likes of Providence's own Florek, Flick, Randell, but the coach was only interested in the old familiar journeymen names on the back of the Boston jerseys. So far, Sweeney has taken one step. What comes next for this non-playoff team.

Right now I really like Sweeney choice, I doubt Chia would have done these at all. Our bottom 6 is starting to look better and younger which was a must, time to say goodbye to vets past their prime and get some energy+ scoring depth from our 4th line.

But now it's time to get talent, this team desperately needs that and that is a much tougher job, these were easy but great signings.

What The Puck

Future GM
Feb 12, 2014
Northeast
In your very next post, you tell someone they need to read quoted posts and stop being emotional.

When did anyone in this thread or the Kemp thread say that they were expecting to be blown away? Nobody ever did. We are saying that these players could potentially be good, low cost bottom 6 players, which is something we really need right now. Nobody is expecting Filip Forsberg here, I honestly have no idea what your issue is, other than the need to be negative about everything. If you're going to be negative, at least be realistic about it. You're getting upset about people expecting to be "blown away" when nobody is expecting to be blown away. Making up issues and talking for the sake of talking.

And I quote bostonbruins88, "He was the best 2 way player in the finnish elite league and look at his world champions, top6 C for us with strong pk/D-skills."

If you're going to follow me around, at least do a better job of bringing a legitimate discussion.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
And I quote bostonbruins88, "He was the best 2 way player in the finnish elite league and look at his world champions, top6 C for us with strong pk/D-skills."

If you're going to follow me around, at least do a better job of bringing a legitimate discussion.

What's wrong with that?

If you have read my post 100% and not some parts you see that I always speak him as a 4th line guy, replacing Campbell.
I have never said he is going to be a huge top6 guy for us.

And that my quote is the truth and I happily give him a chance in the pre-season as a 4th line C for us and the interviews I have read that is exactly what Boston wants to do.

"And I quote bostonbruins88, "He was the best 2 way player in the finnish elite league and look at his world champions, top6 C for us with strong pk/D-skills."

That meant for us Finns in the Worlds as I said it just before that.

CJDolan

Sep 17, 2012

He was clearly talking about Finland in the world championships.

If you're going to accuse me of following you around then get snarky, learn basic reading comprehension.

That one backfired for you huh?

What The Puck

Future GM
Feb 12, 2014
Northeast
What's wrong with that?

You may have seen your name in the post, but I'm talking to the other guy. I consider our conversation about this over unless you have something more to add? Your "best 2 way player in the finnish elite league" isn't even guaranteed to be a fourth liner. Corroborates my opinion of the Finnish elite league.

And by the way, Campbell sucks. He's not here anymore. Thanks for the memories, I appreciate what he did for the team, but he doesn't belong on this team anymore and hasn't for awhile. Our team going down the drain this year, and this guy is trotting out Campbell. We are needing a win to make the playoffs, and he's rolling his fourth line as the game nears completion. I'm upset about that. We all should be.

We don't need a replacement for Campbell. We need a competent fourth line center.

What The Puck

Future GM
Feb 12, 2014
Northeast
He was clearly talking about Finland in the world championships.

If you're going to accuse me of following you around then get snarky, learn basic reading comprehension.

That one backfired for you huh?

Mentioning the Finnish elite league and world championship performance are two separate clauses. Reading comprehension, indeed.:popcorn:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
You may have seen your name in the post, but I'm talking to the other guy. I consider our conversation about this over unless you have something more to add? Your "best 2 way player in the finnish elite league" isn't even guaranteed to be a fourth liner. Corroborates my opinion of the Finnish elite league.

And by the way, Campbell sucks. He's not here anymore. Thanks for the memories, I appreciate what he did for the team, but he doesn't belong on this team anymore and hasn't for awhile. Our team going down the drain this year, and this guy is trotting out Campbell. We are needing a win to make the playoffs, and he's rolling his fourth line as the game nears completion. I'm upset about that. We all should be.

We don't need a replacement for Campbell. We need a competent fourth line center.

And if we keep Talbot+Kelly there it will be exactly the same, no energy, no scoring depth with too much icetime.
That is a possibility with Julien and that is why I'm dreaming that kemppainen starts as our 4th line C.

And like I said in interviews I've read Boston had made it very clear that they truly want him in Boston and want to give him a shot in our lineup. So that raises his chances a bit right?

CJDolan

Sep 17, 2012
Mentioning the Finnish elite league and world championship performance are two separate clauses. Reading comprehension, indeed.:popcorn:

The point remains he wasn't talking about the Bruins, and you based your entire previous post on the fact that he was. So again, WHO is saying that he is going to come into Boston and tear it up? Please, show me one person. Ah damn there are none.

Apologies for mixing up Sweden and Finland, I do it all the time. <-- that's how you admit you were wrong. Try it out some time, may be fun.

In totally unrelated news, does anyone know if the ignore list actually works yet?

CJDolan

Sep 17, 2012
And if we keep Talbot+Kelly there it will be exactly the same, no energy, no scoring depth with too much icetime.
That is a possibility with Julien and that is why I'm dreaming that kemppainen starts as our 4th line C.

And like I said in interviews I've read Boston had made it very clear that they truly want him in Boston and want to give him a shot in our lineup. So that raises his chances a bit right?

No, he's from Europe. This guy is relentless, not gonna back down from his standpoint no matter what. Too bad the one feature that blocks out posters like him doesn't work worth **** on this site.

What The Puck

Future GM
Feb 12, 2014
Northeast

Not really. He signed a two way contract so he doesn't get that guarantee at all. He's going to be in training camp with the rest of them trying to earn a job. If anything, he's there as a measuring stick of a grown man by which to compare the younger folks against for a full-time job.

Last edited:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
No, he's from Europe. This guy is relentless, not gonna back down from his standpoint no matter what. Too bad the one feature that blocks out posters like him doesn't work worth **** on this site.

We europeans are mediocre in everything I guess :laugh:

Not really. He signed a two way contract so he doesn't get that guarantee at all. He's going to be in training camp with the rest of them trying to earn a job. If anything, he's there as a measuring stick of a grown man by which to compare the younger folks against for a full-time job.

Hard to even have talks with you about these players when you think every league is mediocre and every player is mediocre.

Again, they have high hopes for him and Kemppainen and he proved to be the best read 2 way player in Finland for 2 years while also being strong in the playoffs.
Had no problems playing against NHL superstars and was still +ppg.
That's not a mediocre player in mediocre league.

What The Puck

Future GM
Feb 12, 2014
Northeast
We europeans are mediocre in everything I guess :laugh:

Hard to even have talks with you about these players when you think every league is mediocre and every player is mediocre.

Again, they have high hopes for him and Kemppainen and he proved to be the best read 2 way player in Finland for 2 years while also being strong in the playoffs.
Had no problems playing against NHL superstars and was still +ppg.
That's not a mediocre player in mediocre league.

It's established fact. The Finnish Elite league is not even a top three league or a top draft scouting area. And I don't think that all Europeans are bad. Off the top of my head, there is one European player that I would like to see more of, actually. He played for the Ottawa Senators but for some reason didn't stick. De Costa? Something like that.

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site
I am excited to see some new blood over the next couple of seasons even if it is on the 4th line and having young guys on their way up is a lot better than having old guys on their way out.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
With all due respect (as Ricky Bobby would say) to Kirk, he's pimped too many Bs prospects who haven't done a damn thing at any pro level.

Like ?

Funny but I remember him preferring guys like getzlaf, parise, Oshie, couture and Carlson over the guys we have taken. Also remember him liking guys like rieder and vesey for the Bruins in later rounds .

You know a guy Kirk really loved before anyone ? This goalie named Jonathan Quick out of CT.

Kirk busts his balls at what he does and freezes his ass off at these arenas many of these internet scouts would never do . He's one of the originals . Long before it became a fad or the same recycled scouting report between eight bloggers . Love when people have the balls to call someone else out that has nothing out there to be judged and critiqued . Where are all your player projections ? He's been right on many times and he is pretty hard on Bruins picks and prospects when he feels it . He calls them like he sees them . He is also the first one to say he's wrong and last one to take a bow when he's right .

Any time someone says with all due respect, I want to knock their teeth in before I even hear the rest , With all due respect , of course .

Last edited:

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
It's established fact. The Finnish Elite league is not even a top three league or a top draft scouting area. And I don't think that all Europeans are bad. Off the top of my head, there is one European player that I would like to see more of, actually. He played for the Ottawa Senators but for some reason didn't stick. De Costa? Something like that.

Canada (490)
US (242)
Sweden (50)
Czech (39)
Russia (35)
Finland (35)

Finland tied for 5th with Russia, not too shabby.

CashMash

Jun 5, 2015
Finland
We need a cheap, but reliable 4th line. If this guy can help us with that: "'sall good, man"

If he wants to play in Sweden for a while, however, we still have Talbot, Kemppainen and Ferlin or Randell. Talbot is cheap, at least.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
like ?

Funny but i remember him preferring guys like getzlaf, parise, oshie, couture and carlson over the guys we have taken. Also remember him liking guys like rieder and vesey for the bruins in later rounds .

You know a guy kirk really loved before anyone ? This goalie named jonathan quick out of ct.

Kirk busts his balls at what he does and freezes his ass off at these arenas many of these internet scouts would never do . He's one of the originals . Long before it became a fad or the same recycled scouting report between eight bloggers . Love when people have the balls to call someone else out that has nothing out there to be judged and critiqued . Where are all your player projections ? He's been right on many times and he is pretty hard on bruins picks and prospects when he feels it . He calls them like he sees them . He is also the first one to say he's wrong and last one to take a bow when he's right .

Any time someone says with all due respect, i want to knock their teeth in before i even hear the rest , with all due respect , of course .

qft!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad