Rumor: Anton Blidh signs ELC

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Good signing, should be a solid 3rd-4th line guy eventually. Will most likely need a few years in Providence. Don't see him having any shot at making the Bruins this September.

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
The fact that he can kill penalties is a huge plus. Hustle, hard work, and PK are what a 4th line player needs to bring in order to relieve top 9 players for a few minutes.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Wait for What The Puck to cone over with his stat talk and Fire Juliencto tell us Euro players aren't nasty enough :laugh:

Good signing!

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
If the Bs can build a good 4th line with high energy and solid pk ability on the cheap then I'll be very happy. Need all the savings we can so we can augment the D and top lines.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Can Steve Downie still play. love his aggressive in your face style of play.

Downies a good talent but a massive head case. He plays on a new team every year because everyon finds him more trouble than he is worth.

Frustrating because he obviouly has very nice tools.

I dont think hes a good option for us

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Blidh-Talbot-Randell line would be killer... :wave:

Where's Kemppainen slot in here?

Prov is gonna be stacked next season. McIntyre, Arnesson, Blidh, that big college dude we signed mid year, possibly Kemppainen if he doesn't make the roster first go.

Adding lots of depth, still waiting for the high end talent.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Blidh-Talbot-Randell line would be killer... :wave:

Why Talbot, you clearly had size and toughness in mind so why not go with young big 4th line?

Blidh-Kemppainen-Randell/Ferlin, no to vets who are past their prime, Talbot is the extra forward.

CJDolan

Sep 17, 2012
Why Talbot, you clearly had size and toughness in mind so why not go with young big 4th line?

Blidh-Kemppainen-Randell/Ferlin, no to vets who are past their prime, Talbot is the extra forward.

I like that a lot. Talbot's ability to play all 3 positions will also help out too if any of them start struggling. Talbot definitely won't be scoring many goals or getting many points, but he definitely won't be a liability on the ice, and that flexibility is huge.

Our bottom 6 looks pretty solid next year, just gotta cut out some of these high contracts and hopefully get a top 6 F and top 4 D upgrade.

captain stone

Jul 10, 2004
Hershey PA
Prov is gonna be stacked next season. McIntyre, Arnesson, Blidh, that big college dude we signed mid year, possibly Kemppainen if he doesn't make the roster first go.

Adding lots of depth, still waiting for the high end talent.

Which will be coming…from where, exactly?

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Which will be coming…from where, exactly?

No idea. That's my point, we have a lot of depth guys and bottom six...but no real elite prospect in the farm system. I just read a prospect report and Vatrana is touted to be an awesome finisher. Here's the scouting report on him (Still not an 'elite' prospect like a Drouin/Draisaitl etc

Scouting Report: East Longmeadow Mass. native is built like a fire hydrant but moves with fluid agility and power despite a short stride. Although not tall at about 5-foot-10, Vatrano has a low center of gravity and is strong on his skates, often getting up under defenders to outmuscle them for loose pucks and fighting through checks in traffic. Deadly between the hashmarks…shot and blurry-fast release are already NHL-caliber. Possesses a natural nose for the net and can wire the puck to any corner from just about anywhere in the prime scoring areas. Three-zone game is something Vatrano will need to improve at the next level. Plays with enthusiasm and will go straight to the net…loves to score. Needs to prove that he can dedicate himself as a pro both in terms of on-ice ability and conditioning.

CJDolan

Sep 17, 2012
amusing how people are already slotting him onto lines.

I agree. It's much more fun to wait months and months and not speculate where a new signing is going to play on a team that has a new GM looking to build a new identity.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad