Rumor: Anton Blidh signs ELC

Ivyy13

Trust and Tradition
Feb 4, 2007
Boston
@NHLFREEAGENTS: Boston Bruins signed (F) Anton Blidh to a entry-level contract #NHL

He is currently playing with Frölunda HC of the Swedish Hockey League (SHL). Blidh was selected by the Boston Bruins in the 6th round (180th overall) of the 2013 NHL Entry Draft.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
good size, could we see 2016 Blidh-Kemppainen-Ferlin/Randell 4th line?

I know nothing about him except his elite prospect profile.

BruinsPortugal

Dec 3, 2009
Portugal

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Euro energy line? I like the idea. Don Cherry will be most confused.

Jeff077

Aug 2, 2005
Perth, Ontario
I really liked his game at the WJC this year. Played with not stop energy, finished his hits and had a little bit of a s**t disturber element to his game.

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
Hell yeah, love this news. I really, really like Blidh. The kid has Andrew Shaw written all over him. Will be excited to watch him in Providence this coming season, hopefully.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
18th in scoring on his team? 5 goals? Awful! Nick Johnson outscored him in that league so even he's a better player!

:sarcasm:

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
We could have a decent 4th line, and a cheap one which would free up some coin. Now, make Randell a winger.

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
I really like what I'm hearing from everybody here about this kid. The B's need so show a little more grit and agitation and it sounds like Blidh brings those elements.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Sounds like a nice 4th liner to me!!

Looked that too,

I want a 4th line that can create energy and has bigger bodies.

Blidh-Kemppainen-Randell/Ferlin= 2.2M range,
younger/bigger/faster 4th line with almost Campbell money, we have to get rid of Kelly's contract.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Bring him over. let him play a year in Prov. to get used to the organization andd NA hockey.

Then the next year let him compete for 4th line openings.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Bring him over. let him play a year in Prov. to get used to the organization andd NA hockey.

Then the next year let him compete for 4th line openings.

Agreed.

I HOPE he forces the organization to make some difficult decisions for the roster in Boston. But realistically, there's going to be an adjustment period for him.

I can't remember where I was watching Blidh where he surprised me a bit. World Juniors maybe? Guy has a ton of moxie and was wicked at winning the one-on-ones in the offensive zone.

But yeah... I don't have high high expectations. Just hope he surprises sometime in the next couple of years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad