Player Discussion Antoine Roussel

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
And when a player dives/embellishes we Bruins fans call that a "Subban" :p:

We're self-hating around here. We call that the "Garbutt".

Of course ... just to confuse things that's also what we call dangerous head hunter hits and general bonehead penalties that ultimately lose games.

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
Dang! We could really use him for these next two matches!

Crossing my fingers in hopes that the league realizes he didn't mean it. Maybe they'll overturn it!

#keepthefaithrous

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
There are things this year I've discovered about Ruff I'm not always a fan of.

This though ... this is why he is a hell of a coach even if fans don't always agree with every decision. He's right about Roussel, and I'm glad he wasn't that kind when he was talking about Garbutt last time. He's honest about situations, and he often does the right thing when it comes to stuff off the ice.

On Roussel walking the line:

“I think just emotions got running high and that’s all it was. I’m not going to make any more of it. He’s done a tremendous job of staying in tow. You’d go hard pressed just to go back and maybe the last little hearing he had was the last big incident, but name me the last real bad penalty that Antoine has taken. I’ve asked him to toe the line. He has and I couldn’t be more proud of the way he’s played. He slipped up. He knows that’s not something that we condone and he doesn’t have to come to me on that one. He’s first and foremost felt he hurt the team, and he felt bad about it and we move on.”

It's great to see how he responded to Garbutt compared to now with Roussel.

beltjones

Dec 4, 2014
www.breakthecipher.com
“Of course, I have to take care of my stick,” Roussel said. “I am just trying to protect myself. I didn’t want to fight. I blocked two shots before that with my right hand. My hand was numb, and I didn’t want to fight. …. I tried to defend myself, and I am glad he didn’t get hurt.”

I will accept any and all apologies.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Maybe just a slump? He's still been noticeable in games, just not showing up on the score sheet.

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
Maybe just a slump? He's still been noticeable in games, just not showing up on the score sheet.

He still makes stuff happen out there in the games I've seen. He is the perfect 3rd liner to me.

Something's not right, though. Look at this huge difference in numbers:

Pre All-Star 46GP 11G 11A -2
Post All-Star 26GP 1G 1A -15

That is a huge difference. Just 2 points in last 26 games.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
I assume he looks at Ryan Garbutt and sees himself, so he grips his stick a little more tightly. They probably told him he'd be next if he keeps getting suspended as well.

Also the 3rd line has been a mess for some time, Fiddler isn't a fit as the 3C and Scevior can only skate and shoot, never pass. If they could get a settled combination he might improve.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I'm not even sure I'd consider them the 3rd line with how strong the McKenzie - Horcoff - Ritchie line has been playing.

Minutes and practices may say differently, but I think they've consistently been the better of the two bottom 6 lines.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad