Player Discussion Antoine Roussel

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Hi guys,

I like Roussel. Do you think he's gonna end up with more points than Cole this year? I have to decide between them... Cole playing with Spezza is what have me leaning toward him.

I think it'll be Roussel. He's having a breakout year and has been really impressive offensively. Cole is on the second line but he really shouldn't be and Eaves will return relatively soon which will probably jumble the lines up again. Roussel has produced well regardless of PP opportunities and lines. He's also the only player that Hemsky has looked good with so a lot of us here would really like to see him on the second line. Cole will only produce like a second liner if he's given PP and second line opportunities. There's also a moderate chance that he'll be traded by the deadline since he's on an expiring contract and we have too many forwards. It's a bit hard to predict the scoring for either of them though because the lines change frequently especially for Cole and Roussel is having a career year so it's hard to know where he'll end up

TestGrave

Nov 30, 2013
Central Florida
I think it'll be Roussel. He's having a breakout year and has been really impressive offensively. Cole is on the second line but he really shouldn't be and Eaves will return relatively soon which will probably jumble the lines up again. Roussel has produced well regardless of PP opportunities and lines. He's also the only player that Hemsky has looked good with so a lot of us here would really like to see him on the second line. Cole will only produce like a second liner if he's given PP and second line opportunities. There's also a moderate chance that he'll be traded by the deadline since he's on an expiring contract and we have too many forwards. It's a bit hard to predict the scoring for either of them though because the lines change frequently especially for Cole and Roussel is having a career year so it's hard to know where he'll end up

Not to forget, Cole can be really streaky, just like last year, one month he's the point leader for the month, the next he's on the bottom, I'd always go with Roussel, if other stats are involved, even more so him. :)

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
I think Roussel can go 20G, 20A this year. And if Ruff decides to give him PP time again, he can even surpass these totals.

DangeRouss

Sep 6, 2014
Bordeaux, Fra
I think Roussel can go 20G, 20A this year. And if Ruff decides to give him PP time again, he can even surpass these totals.

Why the third scorer in the team and the best S% should be on PP ??? :sarcasm:

To be fair shooting isn't his main skill but why replace him by Eakin in front of goalie :help:

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
I'm expecting a fine. Maybe a game. I'll be mad if he gets suspended longer than Garbutt has been with all his ****.

beltjones

Dec 4, 2014
www.breakthecipher.com
McQuaid wasn't hurt and stayed in the game. I'm guessing a fine, maybe a game suspension. If it's more than that I'll be surprised, but the NHL is notorious for having suspensions that make no sense at all.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
There's almost no chance he gets a fine. He's already received that as a warning. This is his 2nd issue in 2 or 3 months, and it was a stick foul to a guys throat.

Roussel will almost without a doubt be suspended.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
What Roussel did was wrong, in no way a hockey play, and he's lucky there wasn't an injury.

The fact some guy wanted to fight him is his job. He pisses people off for a living. He'd just stepped back on the ice, and there's no way McQuaid had any idea that Roussel's hand was hit a 2nd time by a puck.

It's a silly argument to try and deflect from how stupid Roussel's mistake was. I do believe it was a mistake rather than a malicious attack. He went to cross check the guy, and I don't believe he targeted the throat. It doesn't matter though. He's responsible for his stick. He'll be punished accordingly, and everyone will move on. McQuaid didn't do anything wrong or out of the norm for any hockey game.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
2 games. I don't think he meant to hit his neck/face, but even still it was a dirty and stupid play.

beltjones

Dec 4, 2014
www.breakthecipher.com
You can't be serious?!

Not that it excuses the play, or that the cross check is an appropriate response, but it would make sense for Roussel to say, "I meant to shove him away because my hand was hurt from blocking two shots and I couldn't fight. It was an accident that my stick went high into his chin/throat area."

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
That "hurt" hand left a welt in the shape of his stick after the contact. He wasn't limited. Really grasping at air here.

I like Roussel too. That doesn't mean we have to turn a blind eye to an obvious mistake ... even a suspendable one. Even if some random 4th liner nailed Sean Avery in the throat. I'd expect the league to do what's right and make sure players' know that can't be tolerated.

This isn't a big deal. He's not running around throwing dangerous checks or has some major flaw with the way he plays like Garbutt some times tends to do. Jamie Benn a few years ago lost his cool and in a lapse of judgement gave a guy a dirty and uncalled for cross check. He was fined because it was his first offense.

Benn didn't repeat the behavior. As long as Roussel cuts it out we just move on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad