Antoine Roussel

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Is now the time to point out quite a few people were in a frenzy over Roussel playing instead of Austin Smith?

Probably but I didn't care because I still don't think A. Smith is NHL caliber. Then again who thought Roussel was besides whatever scout and Willie who not only found talent but encouraged him to use it.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
I had hopes for A. Smith since he was a Texas boy but man...talk about disappointment.

Ah well....I'm hoping my next two hopefuls work out (Dowling and Vause).

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
I had hopes for A. Smith since he was a Texas boy but man...talk about disappointment.

Im pretty sure thats the only reason anyone has any hope for Austin Smith. If he weren't from around here, no one would think anything of him.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Im pretty sure thats the only reason anyone has any hope for Austin Smith. If he weren't from around here, no one would think anything of him.

That was the majority. It also helped that he was in the running for the Honey Baker in college.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
The team didn't help things when they signed him around the same time as Reilly Smith and lumped them together as guys with big futures.

haf

Mar 3, 2008
Is now the time to point out quite a few people were in a frenzy over Roussel playing instead of Austin Smith?

It has been a while since we have had a management team that we could trust. Starting to though.
Roussel seemed totally out of left field and now looks really smart.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
It has been a while since we have had a management team that we could trust. Starting to though.
Roussel seemed totally out of left field and now looks really smart.

I think the amateur scouting group has more than proven they know what they're doing. Not sold on the pro scouts or J. Niewendyk and his group that makes trades but as pure talent evaluators it's hard to argue against their growing track record. Glennie and Campbell not withstanding.

Avalanche France

Oct 20, 2009
Bailly, France
Hi guys, Avs fan coming in peace and coming from France. Just here to say I am really happy that Roussel has been able to take the chance of the call up. I hope he can keep his spot for the reminder of the season and make himself a regular nhler.

I'm gonna watch some games of the stars now and i'm starting tonight (but the 2 goal deficit is not what i was expecting)

Good luck guys!

TrillMike

Feb 21, 2012
Dallas, TX
Hi guys, Avs fan coming in peace and coming from France. Just here to say I am really happy that Roussel has been able to take the chance of the call up. I hope he can keep his spot for the reminder of the season and make himself a regular nhler.

I'm gonna watch some games of the stars now and i'm starting tonight (but the 2 goal deficit is not what i was expecting)

Good luck guys!

Lol you picked a bad game to start watching Dallas. Games against PHX are horrible.

Rousell has impressed the hell out of me.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Just a question, is it the first time there was two french players playing at the same time in the league? Da Costa and him.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Getting things back on track, it's good to see how well Antoine Roussel (remember him? This is his thread, after all ;)) is doing with the Stars this year.

I do hope he sticks around with the big club.

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
He has. As long as he plays with the intensity he has, he will have a place in the league. His offensive production has slowed back to where we should expect it, but he's a nice player to have on the lower lines.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Absolutely not. Players like him have far more value to their own team than they do on the market.

dnLL

Mar 24, 2013
Hi there, my first post from Chicoutimi in Quebec, I have been a great fan of Roussel when he played his 4 years of junior hockey in my home town and got there to see how it goes in the big league.

I'm also pleasantly surprised by his offensive production now. With the Sagueneens, he was mainly used on the 3rd line and on the PK. He was at that moment one of the faster player in all the Q-league and played well defensively. I never thought that he would be part of a NHL team (I didn't either about Desharnais that played one year with Roussel in 06-07). Both players proved me wrong.

I will keep in touch with you guys to see how it's going for him for the rest of the season, I hope he will keep impress you and improve his skills.

aloonda*

Hi there, my first post from Chicoutimi in Quebec, I have been a great fan of Roussel when he played his 4 years of junior hockey in my home town and got there to see how it goes in the big league.

I'm also pleasantly surprised by his offensive production now. With the Sagueneens, he was mainly used on the 3rd line and on the PK. He was at that moment one of the faster player in all the Q-league and played well defensively. I never thought that he would be part of a NHL team (I didn't either about Desharnais that played one year with Roussel in 06-07). Both players proved me wrong.

I will keep in touch with you guys to see how it's going for him for the rest of the season, I hope he will keep impress you and improve his skills.

thank you for joining in
he's a quick dude that has a great motor
here's hoping that his skills keep progressing

beardedgraf

Nov 4, 2008
Dallas
Im really liking Roussel. What a pleasant surprise he has been. He seems to be keeping his head cool lately as well, turned the other cheek after the whistle the other night while the Stars were up.

aloonda*

Im really liking Roussel. What a pleasant surprise he has been. He seems to be keeping his head cool lately as well, turned the other cheek after the whistle the other night while the Stars were up.

hope he learns from this
still be the pesky hard worker guy that just annoys the crap out of people
throw down when it is the right time

otherwise

let them get the penalties

he's learning

aloonda*

ant's role with injuries and trades

I would like him to see some 4th line center or 3rd line wing role.

thoughts?

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
this little dude is still out there flying around
There's a reason why he's more useful and productive than guys like Wandell and Vincour. He goes to the net. It's that simple. He assist in the last game came from taking the puck to the net and finding a teammate. Wandell is terrified of that area, and Vincour didn't have the footspeed to get to the net fast enough to be dangerous.

Roussel isn't going to score a large number of points, but he's much more of a threat to do something because he's fast and fearless. He's like a more physical but less productive Nik Hagman. You can see why Roussel was able to steal a job from some guys who started the season ahead of him on the depth chart.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad