Antoine Roussel

RipCityPuckers

Jun 16, 2007
Toronto
Leafs fan coming in peace

Was wondering about your unknown rookie Antoine Roussel

How has he looked this season?

What do you think his long term projection looks like? Can he be anything more than a 4th liner?

Thanks

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
I think Roussel is pretty good. He's been like an Ott but not quite as annoying. He's playing hard every night, has some goals to show for it, and he's not afraid to get rough. I like him, others here don't. I think he could have more upside than Ott.

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
He's exactly what you want from a 4th liner. So far I've loved what he brings to the table.

Primetimey*

His speed is great and he is very tenacious. Sometimes he might cross the edge a bit with his antics but that is to be expected with the type of game he plays. Overall very happy.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Fantastic 4th liner. His speed gives him an edge to be a threat offensively, which is something this team's 4th line has seriously needed.

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
Max Lapierre, but more reckless; A danger to himself and all around him. I appreciate his game, and he's definitely proven me wrong as I wasn't his biggest fan to begin with in Texas, but his effort has translated nicely into what is needed out of depth/energy guys in the NHL.

Brand New Stars

I think Roussel is pretty good. He's been like an Ott but not quite as annoying. He's playing hard every night, has some goals to show for it, and he's not afraid to get rough. I like him, others here don't. I think he could have more upside than Ott.

A single person doesn't.

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
It's piqued. I really like his style so far.

Ah, didn't realize that.

Reason I didn't like him, was the dumb penalties he used to take in CP earlier in the year. He's changing my opinion, but it's tough to forget the drive by tap in goal unsportsmanlike he took to put the Texas 2 men down for a full 2 mins against OKC. I've never seen such a dumb, selfish penalty but he seems to have curbed some of that in Dallas.

I don't know how anyone wouldn't like his tenacity, and we all know he's gotta play on the edge,but it's my hope for him that he can stay effective without too much 'drama'.

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Yea I think that's the biggest thing I love about Eakin, Garbutt, and Roussel. They skate hard, fast, and don't give up on plays. It's a very welcome change from what we're used to with veterans coasting for most of their shifts.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Ah, didn't realize that.

Reason I didn't like him, was the dumb penalties he used to take in CP earlier in the year. He's changing my opinion, but it's tough to forget the drive by tap in goal unsportsmanlike he took to put the Texas 2 men down for a full 2 mins against OKC. I've never seen such a dumb, selfish penalty but he seems to have curbed some of that in Dallas.

I don't know how anyone wouldn't like his tenacity, and we all know he's gotta play on the edge,but it's my hope for him that he can stay effective without too much 'drama'.

He was terrible in October, and he just never won piqued over which is fine. The transformation he's made since that point is honestly unbelievable.

He almost lost me when he had the one game making several poor decisions and selfish acts only to go down to Texas for the weekend and do the same damn thing in both of those games ... including late penalties ... one that directly led to a PP goal against and TX losing the game.

I was honestly pissed they brought him back up immediately after that, but he's hasn't done it again shockingly. Good on him for fixing the problems despite Dallas being boneheads and rewarding the behavior. Those 3 games (1 NHL/2 AHL) were pathetic.

English stars fan

Jun 15, 2011
UK
Bumped after his first multi-point NHL game last night (PPG in his last 5 :handclap:)

Is he playing himself into a permanent place on the big club?

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
His main competition is Garbutt who is also playing well. It'll be a nice and rare position (for Dallas at least) to be in when Whitney is healthy. Their 13th forward has often been someone I hated with a burning passion that some out played most nights.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
His main competition is Garbutt who is also playing well. It'll be a nice and rare position (for Dallas at least) to be in when Whitney is healthy. Their 13th forward has often been someone I hated with a burning passion that some out played most nights.

barch.jpg

Sony Eriksson*

He reminds me of Pat Verbeek for some reason with the way he plays minus the offensive output of Verbeek.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
He's been a pleasant surprise for me in my (very) deep keeper league.

Wow, that must be a really deep league. I expect him to be pushed out by Cole, and if Fraser sticks he's going to be the odd man out on a team that has 4 balanced lines.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Love him! We lose Ott but gain Roussel who is IMO a better player. He's got so much speed and plays with heart, love it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad