Antoine Griezmann appreciation thread

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Since it's once again a subject, I'll point out that two portugal players are in fact french, and one of them was born in France, went to school in France and learnt his football in France and has never lived in Portugal.

Turtleneck Plek

Real Life
Mar 23, 2008
Montreal
Since it's once again a subject, I'll point out that two portugal players are in fact french, and one of them was born in France, went to school in France and learnt his football in France and has never lived in Portugal.

Did Lopes ever play for France's youth teams? He's a good keeper, he could've been a great third option for the future behind Lloris and Areola.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I wasn't talking about Lopes, he's not starting. I was talking about Guerreiro and Silva.
Lopes has always been french, learnt his football in France and always lived in France, but has always chosen to represent Portugal in youth selections.
I don't like it, but as long as they don't change their stance, it's fine with me.

However, guy that are "sooooo" proud of playing under the blue shirt for all their youth selections and then change their tune at 21 because they feel they're going to start for the country of their grandfather, THOSE I have a hard time with.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
No, they didn't. Silva is even more of a logical Portugal choice, since he lived there from his teenage years.
Guerreiro has no business playing for Portugal, but when he chose to, he seemed very far from the french NT.

I was refering to other cases.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Guerreiro is indeed like totally French, but, and credit to him, he is not one of the guys who played for France all through the youth ranks and then swapped.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad