Antoine Griezmann appreciation thread

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
If Manchester United could get him, wow that lineup would look great!

Ibra/Martial/Rooney-Griezmann up top

Memphis/Martial-James/Mata-Schweinsteiger-Schneiderlin

Shaw-Smalling-Varane/Stones/Laporte(hopefully)-Darmian

I don't see that happening at the moment. Atleti had too good a season to sell him and I don't think they need the money. Even if they do (as they have in the recent past), they could cash in elsewhere on top of them not needing to spend much either. And if they were to sell him I think he'd be priced such that someone could do better with their money.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
He scored a penalty in the shootout against Holland which were it Ronaldo would have counted as a goal in the knockout stages. That's not to mention the incredible match-winning assist against Switzerland.

Sure he broke the record. Now just to put that into context, 6 of those goals came against Malmo.

F*** that goal. Schar had been defending Messi so spectacularly well that day, but then he slipped once...in extra time...and the little argentinian settled the match. *sigh*

I don't see that happening at the moment. Atleti had too good a season to sell him and I don't think they need the money. Even if they do (as they have in the recent past), they could cash in elsewhere on top of them not needing to spend much either. And if they were to sell him I think he'd be priced such that someone could do better with their money.

When has that stopped either manchester club before?

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
F*** that goal. Schar had been defending Messi so spectacularly well that day, but then he slipped once...in extra time...and the little argentinian settled the match. *sigh*

When has that stopped either manchester club before?

At some point before City won the ownership lottery, probably.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Ahh. How's he doing with TSG?

Took a little time to settle in; but like so many at the village club, he finished the season on a high note following the takeover of Nagelsmann. Establishing himself alongside Sule in their back 3 & being very tidy all around the pitch. He should play a big role in their rise over the next few seasons...provided Hopp keeps the wage bill fat enough to ward off poachers.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

Not to mention getting Varane, Griezmann, James, Ibra, etc... :laugh:

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Not to mention getting Varane, Griezmann, James, Ibra, etc... :laugh:

Multiple rumors have stated that Ibra has basically already signed. If he isn't Martial takes his place. Varane/CB players are hopefully. James is another hopefully. I never said we would get all of them. That's why there's slashes with other players we actually do have.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
He's a decent player. Don't think he's close to worth the 60m price tag or whatever Athletico have on him.

lol.

Point still stands though - IMO he is just below the tier of Real/Barca caliber.

hotcarle

Jul 10, 2009
vd, qc, ca
Still think Benzema is a better striker to have at the club level.

I have no sympathy for Benzema after he sextorted Griezmann. Griezmann has been fantastic this tournament and Benzema would have had a tough time matching his performance. Between that weird situation with Benzema, and his family connection to the Paris attacks, he is the brightest spot to the whole Euro imo.

Turtleneck Plek

Real Life
Mar 23, 2008
Montreal
I have no sympathy for Benzema after he sextorted Griezmann. Griezmann has been fantastic this tournament and Benzema would have had a tough time matching his performance. Between that weird situation with Benzema, and his family connection to the Paris attacks, he is the brightest spot to the whole Euro imo.

That was Valbuena, not Griezmann.

I think at this point Griezmann could slot in as a starter in any club not named Barca and Real Madrid. However I believe he would be a great Messi replacement if Leo's play falters in the next few years.

hotcarle

Jul 10, 2009
vd, qc, ca
That was Valbuena, not Griezmann.

I think at this point Griezmann could slot in as a starter in any club not named Barca and Real Madrid. However I believe he would be a great Messi replacement if Leo's play falters in the next few years.

haha, thanks, I get my French national team foreign name white guys mixed up!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->