Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
You're right he's worth more. :sarcasm:
giphy.gif

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Was just gonna open a thread.

Mantha + Hronek (right-handed young cost-effective D)

for

Trouba

At next summer.

Benefits for Jets

- If Trouba really wants to leave, they get something.
- This fixes their cap problems.
- They can keep Myers and not lose him as UFA, which will happen if they re-sign Trouba.

From asset viewpoint, Mantha+Hronek+Myers vs. Jacob Trouba does look good for both sides.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
On a board where a two-time 60 point winger who can ostensibly play C doesn't return anything worth having (Nylander), I have a hard time imagining a thread involved a pure winger who *hasn't* proven anything and is older is going to be very fruitful.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
For an established top pairing defenseman? Yes, the + has to be big. Mantha simply hasn't shown enough at this stage to get that kind of return. The + would definitely need to be big.
Honestly even with a big plus like a first I still wouldn't trade parayko for that.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Was just gonna open a thread.

Mantha + Hronek (right-handed young cost-effective D)

for

Trouba

At next summer.

Benefits for Jets

- If Trouba really wants to leave, they get something.
- This fixes their cap problems.
- They can keep Myers and not lose him as UFA, which will happen if they re-sign Trouba.

From asset viewpoint, Mantha+Hronek+Myers vs. Jacob Trouba does look good for both sides.

Mantha + Hronek > Trouba, not only from a salary cap standpoint but also from a depth standpoint.

Also, the Red Wings will just sign Trouba when he's a free agent.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
If Mantha has a good year this year I think he’s absolutely a first line winger with elite attributes.

Until that breakout season he’s ‘just’ first liner who can score ~25G. Not up to par to some of the other elite first liners.

Fwiw: I’m a big believer in Mantha. I think he’s going to be an elite scorer eventually. As of right now I don’t think he gets a clear swap for a young #1 but he’s not far off as some of you making it seem. Kind of ridiculous.

Either way I keep him because of my faith in him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad