Value of: Anthony Mantha + for 1st line defenseman

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Red wings desperately need better defense . Mantha is first line young winger with great size and soft hands . He is very important for Wings , but defense have to be improved

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Detroit's not trading Mantha+ for anything less than an under 25 top pairing defender, and teams aren't lining up to give those away. This just aint happening.

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Nope 2nd line winger will not land you a top pair defenseman. The plus would have to be something very nice.
he is not 2nd line ,last year Mantha 3rd point and 1st goal producer in the team . He is stepping in his prime this year and will improve

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Nope 2nd line winger will not land you a top pair defenseman. The plus would have to be something very nice.
he is not 2nd line ,last year Mantha 3rd point and 1st goal producer in the team . He is stepping in his prime this year and will improve .

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Mantha has to put up about 15 more points before he’s worth a top pair guy. Even with a +, I don’t see why most teams would make that deal.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
Mantha's value should increase a lot this season, iiiif the Wings were going to trade him for a defenseman it'd be smart to wait until next year.

Last edited:
Reactions: TFHockey

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Detroit's not trading Mantha+ for anything less than an under 25 top pairing defender, and teams aren't lining up to give those away. This just aint happening.

so close the thread because Mantha alone doesn't touch a top 3 Dman on any team on his own.

Slyfox

Dec 12, 2016
Toronto
Why is Detroit trading Mantha? Even if they are gifting a top pairing dman for free they are still gonna suck. Just be patient and rebuild slowly.

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
If the Jets has not re-signed Wheels I would have looked at a Mantha/Hronek for Trouba swap, with a little fine tuning where required. But the Jets really don’t have a need for Mantha now. I think that could have worked out well. Jets get a replacement for Wheels and potential in Hronek, and Trouba gets to play in his hometown and sleep in his Red Wing Pyjamas everynight.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
If the Jets has not re-signed Wheels I would have looked at a Mantha/Hronek for Trouba swap, with a little fine tuning where required. But the Jets really don’t have a need for Mantha now. I think that could have worked out well. Jets get a replacement for Wheels and potential in Hronek, and Trouba gets to play in his hometown and sleep in his Red Wing Pyjamas everynight.

Don't see Detroit trading assets for Trouba when he could potentially walk here for free in a couple years.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
just take your time and draft well, that sustained Detroit for a hell of a long time and a rebuild was going to have to happen eventually. Follow the same blueprint that made you good for so long

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
I’m thinking Detroit is third on his list behind FLA and TBay. A sign and trade next off season is Detroit’s best chances of landing him because a lot of teams are going to pushing hard for him.

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
I mean, Mantha technically is probably a top 62 winger in the league, meaning he is a first line winger by that standard (top two wingers for each team), but he is on the lower end of that list.

Unless you have center depth like Pittsburgh or a defense like Nashville, your team is probably not going anywhere if Mantha is your best winger. Good player. Prob hits 25-30 goals, but in an ideal situation, he's a second liner on a contender.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Red wings desperately need better defense . Mantha is first line young winger with great size and soft hands . He is very important for Wings , but defense have to be improved

Uh.........what is it? Mantha + five 1sts? That might do it. Otherwise, LOL.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Yikes, that's gonna have to be one hell of a plus. Probably best to build an offer around someone much better than Mantha.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->