Recalled/Assigned: Anthony Duclair Sent to Tucson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
9 points in 41 games, Duclair has lost his scoring touch. If he isn't scoring at a higher rate, he is a liability, not good on the forecheck or back check, and doesn't PK. This is a tough love move. Let him get his scoring going in Tucson, gain some confidence, and he will be back and a better player because of it.

Some one gets it.:)

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Fire Tippett. Fire Brown. Fire Playfair. Fire Janney.

Trade Doan. Trade Hanzal. Trade Vrbata. Trade Stone.

If Tippett and Playfair are finally gone, I'd be open to trading OEL too.

Feb 12, 2003
I have set it before, but I hope they send everyone they can down to the Roadrunners.

1) Better for the Roadrunners as they can make a huge push for the Calder Cup.
2) Keep them away from soul crusher Dave Tippett.
3) Regain confidence and hopefully play for a better coach.

I would not mind if they did it with Perlini, Dvorak and Dauphin too. Unfortunately Crouse and Chychrun have to plan in the NHL or I would suggest the same for them. I think playing for the Coyotes is toxic for these kids right now. It was why I was not that sad when they sent down Strome, because they could have completely busted him they way he was being handled.

As Tippett has said, the NHL is not a developmental league (I disagree with his short sighted statement). If that is how we are going to treat it, then let's just fill the roster with vets and when they all fail and everyone is gone bring along the kids.

Last edited:

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I don't know why playing Duclair with Holland and Reider didn't jump start his offensive game. You would think anybody would score with that dynamic duo. :sarcasm:

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
Players play with different players all the time, so that is just a cop out. Duclair has no one to blame but himself, as he is a very talented player who underachieving at the moment. It's really that simple.

Duclair has pretty much exclusively played with Holland since he got here. It was going well at the start when Holland was trying to show T.O. they made a mistake but he's slowed down and is now just a warm body.

You play with bad players, you're not gonna do too well.

This should've happened months ago. The timing of this seems off.

Oh well, gets him away from this dumpster fire.

Agreed. I was being to nice.

Fire everyone. Scorched earth.

A few months ago this would've been a good move, although a controversial one. Right now it's pretty dumb. While going down could be good for him, playing with some decent linemates could also help too...

I'd hold off on firing everybody. We aren't gonna be able to bring in a good coach right now. Make an assistant interim HC until the seasons over. Show the players mgmt cares and that this losing culture won't be tolerated. In the offseason we can conduct a thorough search for new HC.

Feb 12, 2003
Fire Tippett. Fire Brown. Fire Playfair. Fire Janney.

Trade Doan. Trade Hanzal. Trade Vrbata. Trade Stone.

If Tippett and Playfair are finally gone, I'd be open to trading OEL too.

Agree with all of it except trading OEL. The team is a dumpster fire, you don't want to start trading away core players like that until you get a real coach in there and a coherent game plan.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I don't know why playing Duclair with Holland and Reider didn't jump start his offensive game. You would think anybody would score with that dynamic duo. :sarcasm:

Duclair played with lots of different linemates and he didn't manage to turn it around. If you're not scoring you have to contribute in other ways or at least prove you're no liability. While I agree that Tippett's line decisions were far from ideal, Duclair got to play with lots of different linemates and never seemed to improve. He played some solid games but overall it just wasn't enough.

I also blame Tippett for this mess but I totally understand the Duclair demotion. He needs to play lots of minutes and right now, he's just not good enough to play them in the NHL.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
Dave Tippett is a moron. I hope they announce a sale to Quebec sooner than later so this idiot can know his days are numbers. ****. Dave. Tippett. Piece. Of. ****.

April 2017: Hello Quebec. It's happening.

rt

May 13, 2004
April 2017: Hello Quebec. It's happening.

Hell yeah. Get em out. If it get em out! If the only way our toothless yokel owners can sack up enough to can the ****** than so be it. I didn't tolerate a beauty like Yandle getting traded for Duclair only to see be his ****bupnof coach **** up this amazing young talent. Tippett is trash. Yandle and Duclair are both price of admission players. **** Dave Tippett

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
"I want to go from 900k to 50k" Said no one ever.

And instead of merely stiffling my career opportunities with this franchise, please attach a stigma to for potential future employers as "not NHL quality".

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
After hearing the news I came here to enjoy the anger, I was not disappointed!

That said, I don't like this move at all. Tippet seems to have it in for Duke and I don't understand why other than I guess he's an offense first kind of guy. Either way I think this move was stupid.

Those of you who are so obsessed with Tippet that you're hoping for relocation....go **** yourselves! I'd rather have a tire fire than no hockey at all. If you want Tippet gone then wish for that but wishing for the team to leave is a short sighted ***** move.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Those of you who are so obsessed with Tippet that you're hoping for relocation....go **** yourselves! I'd rather have a tire fire than no hockey at all. If you want Tippet gone then wish for that but wishing for the team to leave is a short sighted ***** move.

It's funny because tire fire hockey leads to no hockey in most markets, including AZ. ;)

The coverage they'd get in Quebec would be insane, plus instantly some of the nicest jerseys in the league and an incredible facility. There are worse fates.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
It's funny because tire fire hockey leads to no hockey in most markets, including AZ. ;)

The coverage they'd get in Quebec would be insane, plus instantly some of the nicest jerseys in the league and an incredible facility. There are worse fates.

Actually no, there are not worse fates. IMO the Coyotes relocating is literally the worst fate possible (in regards to hockey fandom). Anyone Coyote "fan" actually routing for that to happen is a punk.

Snarky Coyote

Sponsor
May 3, 2009
Now with more snark
Those who prefer substance over snark will agree with you.

Hey I have a lot of snark, but I agree with this move. Only one chance to send him down and boost his confidence, also getting him away from this tire fire may be a good thing long term. If he keeps going were looking at another Enver Lisin. At this point I would put a trade sign up for every vet we are unable/unwilling to resign and get picks and prospects. We are going to have to sign some FA next year or make some trades to hit the floor of the cap. I would send the kids down and win the Calder. This year is done, I am already looking to 2018

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Hey I have a lot of snark, but I agree with this move. Only one chance to send him down and boost his confidence, also getting him away from this tire fire may be a good thing long term. If he keeps going were looking at another Enver Lisin. At this point I would put a trade sign up for every vet we are unable/unwilling to resign and get picks and prospects. We are going to have to sign some FA next year or make some trades to hit the floor of the cap. I would send the kids down and win the Calder. This year is done, I am already looking to 2018

Agreed. There shouldn't be a player who can play in Tucson without clearing waivers up here. Send them all down. Stack that Tucson squad. Let them do damage down there and win a cup.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Actually no, there are not worse fates. IMO the Coyotes relocating is literally the worst fate possible (in regards to hockey fandom). Anyone Coyote "fan" actually routing for that to happen is a punk.

Fandom doesn't end when the team moves, ask a few of the posters we're lucky enough to still have on here. If you want to have a temper tantrum and totally abandon the NHL because a city or two refused to bend over for people like IA, then that's your right I suppose.

I'd rather just keep cheering for the now hopefully 100% competent team.

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
Fandom doesn't end when the team moves, ask a few of the posters we're lucky enough to still have on here. If you want to have a temper tantrum and totally abandon the NHL because a city or two refused to bend over for people like IA, then that's your right I suppose.

My fandom ends immediately when the team moves. I'd be the first (maybe behind Sinurgy) to abandon the team the moment they move. I follow this sad team only because they're in the city I've lived in for 30 years, and I can actually attend NHL games. If they're off to anywhere that's not within driving distance, I won't care one bit about them.

No matter how perennially terrible the team is, it's hard to believe that any fan would actually hope for relocation.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ

You are confused, I didn't say anything about abandoning them if they relocated. Please read more carefully and then reply again if you wish.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
My fandom ends immediately when the team moves. I'd be the first (maybe behind Sinurgy) to abandon the team the moment they move. I follow this sad team only because they're in the city I've lived in for 30 years, and I can actually attend NHL games. If they're off to anywhere that's not within driving distance, I won't care one bit about them.

No matter how perennially terrible the team is, it's hard to believe that any fan would actually hope for relocation.

I can't speak for rt, but I'm a fan of hockey, not necessarily just a fan of Arizona. I watch junior hockey, college hockey, and AHL hockey. I was a fan of hockey before the Coyotes came to AZ and will be should they leave. The Coyotes have already used up several lives other markets never got to enjoy in my mind, so I'm okay with them leaving at this point. I understand it. If they leave, it will be because there's no ownership group able to make it work here. I don't feel entitled to taxpayer subsidized hockey and I hope nobody else does either.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
I'm really hoping the real story is that Duclair asked to be sent down. He was tired of losing and wants to go have fun in the AHL. Team said sure cause it saves them some money.
Bus rides and flying coach in the AHL is fun.

Dave Tippett is a moron. I hope they announce a sale to Quebec sooner than later so this idiot can know his days are numbers. ****. Dave. Tippett. Piece. Of. ****.
TESTIFY!

Nobody should be cheering for relocation, but 100% fandom ends when they move. Individual players, sure, Yandle in NYR, Modano in DET, but the team? Why would I invest emotional energy / money on the Quebec team? 100% Tuxon (at least until THEY follow to Halifax or Gatineau or wherever). I'm a fan of multiple teams, because the city means something to me. Sitting at home by yourself watching an Internet stream from a different time zone sucks. There are better ways to spend your emotional energy and entertainment dollars.

Last edited:

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014

Agreed except for the last sentence. I disagree with hoping the team moves, but I can see how some would be at that point mentally. Beyond the crap on ice product the constant uncertainty of if the team will be here or not the next year is tough to stand.

If the team had moved to Vegas I could understand saying it's not the worst fate. While attending games regularly would be out, they still would've been within driving distance and I could theoretically still catch a game every so often, but that's off the table. Now there really isn't a spot that I'd be ok with. I guess Seattle is in the same time zone so there's that, but that doesn't help much. I'd probably follow the team if they moved, but likely not as closely. Asu hockey would be my local replacement.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I could never see relocation as a good thing but I've always felt it was a trump card in their pockets. Guys like Duclair could allow us to move to a more exciting brand of hockey that the NHL is trending to but that's not what our coach wants. The owners have been pissing on the West Valley fans for a while now and won't care about drawing fans with hockey worth paying to see until they get an arena that provides the subsidy they require.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
After hearing the news I came here to enjoy the anger, I was not disappointed!

That said, I don't like this move at all. Tippet seems to have it in for Duke and I don't understand why other than I guess he's an offense first kind of guy. Either way I think this move was stupid.

How can you say DT had it in for Duke? DT gave him plenty of time, some are saying too much, to improve his game. Last year Duke responded when he was benched and was learning from his mistakes, but this year he got off to a rough start and it snowballed from there. It's not the end of the world, he will be back. I agree with you about posters wanting this team out of here because of the way they are playing should go **** themselves.

rt

May 13, 2004
The team will never amount to anything with the IceEdge Clown Posse at the helm. Dave Tippett's current situation makes that very clear. The NHL spent years looking for SOMEONE ANYONE other than this band of misfits to take this team off their hands for a reason.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
The team will never amount to anything with the IceEdge Clown Posse at the helm. Dave Tippett's current situation makes that very clear. The NHL spent years looking for SOMEONE ANYONE other than this band of misfits to take this team off their hands for a reason.

This is where I'm at and why I sort of hope they relocate. And don't get me wrong, it would be a very sad day. But I've been watching hockey for thirty something years. My hockey fandom survived without a team in Phoenix for quite a while before the Coyotes appeared on the scene. I love the sport. I wish it was as good a product as it used to be.
What I do know is watching this team struggle to scrape up enough cash to field a NHL roster every year, and watching our "development" plan, and a gradual acceptance of the fact that IA has no idea what they are doing and their survival plan seems to be a series of hopes and prayers, and the certain knowledge that things are unlikely to change on or off ice has been more painful than the years of not having a team in Phoenix.
So if they sell (which certainly means moving) my fandom in the team may survive somewhat because Tippett would almost certainly be gone and a new owner with pockets and a desire to serve his new market might transfuse some hope. It's a lot easier to watch and follow out of market teams than it was the days back before the Coyotes came to town.
If they just up and moved without selling, I'd completely sever my ties to the team. It'd be easy to make a clean break.
The past decade of the franchise basically being on life support has been far worse than a relocation would've been. The debacle taking place with IA and Tippett is essentially icing. I'm already watching more out of market games than the Coyotes games. It makes me realize that I still recognize and enjoy hockey when it's being played. Not much interest in tuning in to the rest of our fifth season of nonemotionally engaged players coached by a man more interested in Holland than Duclair or Dvorak because he thinks he might win the next shift in a game we're trailing 4-1 midway through a season in which we've compiled 9 ROWs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad