Recalled/Assigned: Anthony Duclair Sent to Tucson

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacobhockey13

used to watch hockey, then joined HF Boards
Apr 17, 2014
on the bench
This is actually a very good move. Let him regain his confidence down there away from this mess.

Those who prefer substance over snark will agree with you.

Ok, I'll bite.

It's clearly not a move to get him away from this team as Perlini, Chychrun, et al. are all playing here.They think that Duclair is doing stuff wrong and that is the problem. When I watch (and many other posters on this board ), we see Duclair as one of the few players who can actually generate offense (and he actually has been for quite a while regardless of the stats. He's played with underwhelming line mates. We might as well admit now that Mcginn has been—although not a complete disaster—disappointing. As for White and Jooris, I should't have to say much. Furthermore, being sent down to the AHL also could backfire just as much as it could "give him confidence". Duclair should have a coaching staff who backs him. That would really give him confidence.

Guys like Ryan White, and I hate to say this, would be trashed in a larger market. He is our Tanner Glass except it seems like we've have had three of them each year instead of one. They prevent players who could make a far greater amount of productive plays from being on the roster. Tippet's biggest failing is that he thinks guys like these bring some kind of "intangibles". They don't. He doesn't bring anything special on defense. Sure, he can block shots and thus is an option for the PK but there's really nothing he offers that a more skilled player wouldn't be better at.

Tippet plays favorites and it's frustrating.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Micromanage your skilled forwards into the ****in' ground, blame it on the player, have a smokescreen for why you suck at your job. The DT way.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Hope this doesn't completely sour the organization for Duclair. While I don't mind the idea of this move, I hate what it could do to a young player who went from playing in NYC to PHX and now to TUC. I can't imagine Duke is looking forward to returning to a Tippett led team.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Guys like Ryan White, and I hate to say this, would be trashed in a larger market. He is our Tanner Glass except it seems like we've have had three of them each year instead of one. They prevent players who could make a far greater amount of productive plays from being on the roster. Tippet's biggest failing is that he thinks guys like these bring some kind of "intangibles". They don't. He doesn't bring anything special on defense. Sure, he can block shots and thus is an option for the PK but there's really nothing he offers that a more skilled player wouldn't be better at.

Tippet plays favorites and it's frustrating.

Martinook is the one who I've turned on. He is a great 4th liner who can slot to the 3rd when needed. But he is adored by Tipp and in turn our media team who just gush about him all the time. Martinook started off hot but now takes bad penalties and tries to force the play too much and doesn't produce. I honestly want Chyaka to expose him to get rid of one of Tipp's favorite toys. He is easily replaceable, players like Duclair are not.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Martinook is the one who I've turned on. He is a great 4th liner who can slot to the 3rd when needed. But he is adored by Tipp and in turn our media team who just gush about him all the time. Martinook started off hot but now takes bad penalties and tries to force the play too much and doesn't produce. I honestly want Chyaka to expose him to get rid of one of Tipp's favorite toys. He is easily replaceable, players like Duclair are not.

That's not how the power dynamic works here.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
What a ******** ****en move. For what? He was solid last game. Tippet is a sack of **** and I'm really starting to wonder what his issue is with Duke.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
I can't even take what he's saying serious. Honest just think he's parroting whatever Tippet said. He got it together recently, he WAS is a funk. The worst organization in the NHL.

Yeah he's been doing well. Not his fault he has bad linemates.

I'm really hoping the real story is that Duclair asked to be sent down. He was tired of losing and wants to go have fun in the AHL. Team said sure cause it saves them some money.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I'm really hoping the real story is that Duclair asked to be sent down. He was tired of losing and wants to go have fun in the AHL. Team said sure cause it saves them some money.

"I want to go from 900k to 50k" Said no one ever.

LuckyNumber11

Jun 10, 2015
Valley of the Sun
This kind of reminds me of what the Kansas City Royals did. They let a lot of their guys win championships in the minors then eventually brought them up and they won a title in the big leagues

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
2 months ago I would've liked this.

I don't get why this was done now.

It was done for a couple of reasons. One, is someone called Perlini, and another reason is 9 pts. in 41 games. Inexcusable, especially with someone with his talent. I like Duclair as a player but he has lost his confidence, and going down will do more good than bad.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Ive got an idea. Let's sell an entertainment product that produces no entertainment value. What little value there might be, let's remove it. Then let's have our flunky tell the people that are upset they are simply too unnuanced to understand what a great job we are doing at entertaining everyone.

Please just relocate. Seriously **** you, IA and your flunkies. Just make a clean break. Just ****ing go.

This is the best post ever. I laughed out loud.

Two different players, but if you look at their point totals, you wouldn't laugh.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
"I want to go from 900k to 50k" Said no one ever.

Here's hoping Duke truly only cares about the game.

It was done for a couple of reasons. One, is someone called Perlini, and another reason is 9 pts. in 41 games. Inexcusable, especially with someone with his talent. I like Duclair as a player but he has lost his confidence, and going down will do more good than bad.

How does Perlini affect it? We had Domi and Duke on the team at the same time, why can't we have Perlini and Duke?

And Duke's point totals are low but he's been look good recently and when you play with McGinn and Holland what can you expect? If he had taken Domi's role (which he should have) and played with Hanzal and Vrbata and still had 9 points I'd be worried. But he's been playing with a bottom 6 LW and 13th forward.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Here's hoping Duke truly only cares about the game.

How does Perlini affect it? We had Domi and Duke on the team at the same time, why can't we have Perlini and Duke?

And Duke's point totals are low but he's been look good recently and when you play with McGinn and Holland what can you expect? If he had taken Domi's role (which he should have) and played with Hanzal and Vrbata and still had 9 points I'd be worried. But he's been playing with a bottom 6 LW and 13th forward.

Players play with different players all the time, so that is just a cop out. Duclair has no one to blame but himself, as he is a very talented player who underachieving at the moment. It's really that simple.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
9 points in 41 games, Duclair has lost his scoring touch. If he isn't scoring at a higher rate, he is a liability, not good on the forecheck or back check, and doesn't PK. This is a tough love move. Let him get his scoring going in Tucson, gain some confidence, and he will be back and a better player because of it.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Dave Tippett is a moron. I hope they announce a sale to Quebec sooner than later so this idiot can know his days are numbers. ****. Dave. Tippett. Piece. Of. ****.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville

They are so out of their depth.

The local sports media in this market is absolutely pathetic. Nobody wants to ask a tough question at this point? Nobody? Not one? I hope they are paid VERY little for their "work". If the people who "cover" the Coyotes make more than 40kay a year, I'm pissed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->