Recalled/Assigned: Anthony Duclair Sent to Tucson

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Ive got an idea. Let's sell an entertainment product that produces no entertainment value. What little value there might be, let's remove it. Then let's have our flunky tell the people that are upset they are simply too unnuanced to understand what a great job we are doing at entertaining everyone.

Please just relocate. Seriously **** you, IA and your flunkies. Just make a clean break. Just ****ing go.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
At least it gets him out of a dumpster fire and into a winning team.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
So now it's all Duke's fault. The numbers may not be there, but he's one of the most "emotionally engaged" players every night.

Could have seen this move about 6 weeks ago, when his confidence was shot.....but he's playing hard now, harder than nearly anyone else.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Those who prefer substance over snark will agree with you.

Well I won't speak for everyone but for me it has nothing to do with snark and everything to do with a firm belief that this coaching staff has no clue how or desire to develop offensive talent. They'd rather ice a roster of Tippett clones and try to win 1 - 0.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
In favor of this assuming they don't trade him and fire Tippett eventually. Send everyone down/away from this dumpster fire, claim everyone possible.

PerpetualTankYear

Doan 3:16
Mar 27, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Well I won't speak for everyone but for me it has nothing to do with snark and everything to do with a firm belief that this coaching staff has no clue how or desire to develop offensive talent. They'd rather ice a roster of Tippett clones and try to win 1 - 0.

Dave Tippett has NEVER developed a top 6 forward. Ever.

Even Domi had less PPG this year before injury than he did last year.

If Dvorak, Domi, and Duke are going to be successful top line players, Tippett needs to go.

strizzy16

Welcome to Life, 2.0
Mar 6, 2012
somewhere south
Oh wow. Very surprising. Starting to come around to agree with the rabid tipp-needs-to-be-fired people. but ownership isn't going to do it. Not good.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
This is actually a very good move. Let him regain his confidence down there away from this mess.
Maybe. Or maybe he just says, **** it, like Doan because he feels he's ready given the opportunity and that his career and livelihood is being ruined by a coach who has sat on other successful players before.
And the part I think they really don't realize (or perhaps care) is that it doesn't need to be true for the player to buy into that mindset and become disenfranchised. These guys are watching Dvorak put up points on the 2nd line and then suddenly turned into a 4th line center and demoted, the recalled as a 4th liner again while Peter Holland is the second line center. They're watching DeAngelo become very impressive before being yoyo'ed seemingly randomly. They watched Strome lead the team in points when he was given a chance in a scoring role in the preseason, and then healthy scratched his confidence away while intermitently playing him lower in the lineup as soon as the games mattered. Chyrchrun with the constant scratches to let a waiver pick up play.

And that's just this year without the history. How hard it must be to look around the league and watch other teams' prospects thrive while the veteran team around you gives up, and the coach continues his odd obsession with marginal and sometimes questionable players who he considers to be "proven" with the magic ingredient. And again, even if Tippett's plan is golden and bulletproof, it wouldn't matter if conventional wisdom among the players sees it differently.

And now that I look at it, it sounds racist.

:golfnana:

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Well, there are two ways to look at this, or some combination of both:

1) (this post has been edited due to site rules)

2) Good, get him away from this dumpster fire of a team.

3) I am now a Tucson Roadrunners fan.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
I hope more young players avoid "playing hard" so they can be demoted to make a "team point"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad