Rumor: Anthony Duclair - 5 Teams in for him incl. NYR, Pens, Habs and TBL

TheMalkinEra

May 1, 2017
With Sprong, Anton-Reese and Simon expected to make the team the Penguins are 13 deep at forward as of now.

Guentzel-Crosby-Hornqvist
Hagelin-Malkin-Kessel
Rust-Bassard-Sprong
Cullen-Sheahan-Simon
Anton-Reese

I don't see the room for another forward.

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
Would be pleased if the Rangers got him back (so the Yandle trade wasn't so blah as much as anything), but Duclair is the kind of player who goes to the Pens and finds a great fit.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
With Sprong, Anton-Reese and Simon expected to make the team the Penguins are 13 deep at forward as of now.

Guentzel-Crosby-Hornqvist
Hagelin-Malkin-Kessel
Rust-Bassard-Sprong
Cullen-Sheahan-Simon
Anton-Reese

I don't see the room for another forward.

Simon and Reese need to earn their spots, JR said they could be regulars, or have a good shot, but that goes out the window if he adds competition. Rust is better off on the right side with the RW depth of Horny, Kessel, Rust, Sprong (not in order), which leaves the left side rather weak after Hagelin, Guentzel, and Cullen. You need a 3rd option in there over Reese and Simon. Duclair would probably be the guy that could earn that spot over them and provide better depth. Not that I don't like Reese and Simon, but I think ZAR would end up starting in WBS, Simon as the 13th forward.

PriceIsGod

Carey Please :)
Jul 15, 2012
You know...
To be fair, only Pacioretty, Gallagher and probably Domi are true top 6. Throw as much as you can against the wall and see what sticks?
I understand they're not all top 6 I just don't get it. I like Duclair (I mean he would cost us nothing) but I don't want him getting ice time over guys like Hudon, Scherbak, or Lehkonen just as examples. If we move out a few guys (Pacioretty and Byron would be great starting points) Duclair would be an alright signing. I just struggle to create a lineup where he even cracks my 3rd line..

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
Classic HF. When he's a Rangers prospect he stinks. Now that he's no longer on the team, other fans want him. Duclair is a defensive clown. He's 22 and has been on 3 different teams already. There is a reason for that. I hardly believe that the Rangers have any interest in bringing him back.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
When I think of 25Stanley, I'm picturing the lovechild of TMZ and Eklund.

Reactions: CapSpace

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I'd go to Pittsburgh if I were him. Edmonton is the one I think should go after him as he might have good chemistry with McDavid.

Yamazaki

Feb 9, 2018
Classic HF. When he's a Rangers prospect he stinks. Now that he's no longer on the team, other fans want him. Duclair is a defensive clown. He's 22 and has been on 3 different teams already. There is a reason for that. I hardly believe that the Rangers have any interest in bringing him back.
Hfboards knew he sucked and rangers fans didn’t see it. He’s 22 and a ufa so hfboards was right.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
if you got 3 different girlfriends on a short period, are you real cute or having bad breath issues? i know people who change jobs quite often. For different reasons. Some i would hire, some i would not. Only 22 and nice pedigree. There is a team out there that will give him a shot.

Mick Jagr

Nice guy, tries hard, loves the game.
Jul 11, 2009
Peterborough, ONT
twitter.com
He has the best opportunity for top 6 or top 9 role in Montreal, but he has a better chance at winning with the Pens or Tampa.

I don't see him fitting anywhere into the Pens lineup aside from the 4th line. He's not really a grinding 4th line role player either. I think he has to be put into a position where he has a chance to contribute offensively.

While I would love to take him on as a reclamation project, Montreal makes the most sense for the best opportunity for more playing time in an offensive role.

Reactions: iSophagus

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I wouldn't mind Rangers taking a shot on him. I wouldn't go overboard trying to sign him though.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
He has the best opportunity for top 6 or top 9 role in Montreal, but he has a better chance at winning with the Pens or Tampa.

I don't see him fitting anywhere into the Pens lineup aside from the 4th line. He's not really a grinding 4th line role player either. I think he has to be put into a position where he has a chance to contribute offensively.

While I would love to take him on as a reclamation project, Montreal makes the most sense for the best opportunity for more playing time in an offensive role.

I'd agree with all of this.

I'm still a little surprised Chicago didn't qualify him. They seem like a team that could use him. They have room to add a winger for the top 2 lines. After Kane, Saad, DeBrincat there's another spot. Or make a good complimentary winger on line 3. Chicago has had to jettison talent over the years for cap reasons, so a cheap young guy who could hit 20 should be ideal.

It's pretty clear that he didn't fit in Chicago, then, if they decided it was better to let him walk. Maybe the coaches didn't like him, or something. But whatever the reason it is probably the same reason he is still on the market.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
If Edmonton somehow gets rid of Lucic I'd be cool with signing him for 2 years @ less than 1.5 per to play a middle 6 role.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010

If you're a Rangers fan, you should know well enough that we had a player who was on 3 teams in a short period of time, was considered a cast off, and laughed at because he couldn't crack the Devils (who were terrible at the time) on their defense, but we signed him because we needed help on defense and he was a "former top prospect".

His name was Anton Stralman. I find it hard to believe that at the age of 22, with the following numbers, that he should not be employed:

32G 57A 89P in 213 GP: .42 PPG

He's got better numbers than Jimmy Vesey, and he is a younger player. I would love to bring him back and see if he can earn a spot on our 3rd line. Besides Kreider, Zuccarello, and Buchnevich, we're lacking on the wing. He could for sure earn a spot on the team at this point.

free0717

Apr 14, 2004
Old Bridge, NJ
I would really like to see Duclair signed to a 1 year max $1,025,000 contract. I think he would fit the mold of player the Rangers are looking for. The bad attitude problem worries me. If we lose out, like my French friends say Cest La Voi

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
Hoping Rangers so my Avatar becomes relevant again as I’m too lazy to change it. Kid has talent he needs to improve his work ethic. Wouldn’t be a bad situation in NY with potential to earn a lot of playing time and Quinn’s ability to coach young players.

Jonas1235

Jan 8, 2008
Calgary
classic junior star who cannot relate to NHL competition. Jamie Lundmark, Pavel Brendl, Gilbert Brule, to name a few.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad