Rumor: Anthony Duclair - 5 Teams in for him incl. NYR, Pens, Habs and TBL

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
Would be a great Kuhnhackl replacement for the Penguins. Would certainly help them regain an offensive scoring touch for the 4th line.

Duclair-Sheahan-Rust/ZAR/Sprong

would be nice.

Great assessment. That Duclair-Sheahan--Rust line would be very strong 4th line

I would be a little worried putting 2 players with very little experience with Brassard though. Because I would not touch the top 2 lines from last season and thought the 3rd line would be Rust-Brassard-Sprong. Putting your 4th line together means ZAR to the 3rd line LW instead which of course he could do well talent wise just don't know if I would like two players with that experience level on the same line even though both have talent. Also don't see Sullivan not playing Cullen in the lineup so if this deal does get done I see another move most likely. Although I like that 4th line and all lines would be stacked although that 4th line could very easily be as good or better than the 3rd line. More upside in the 3rd line if Sprong has a Guentzel like rookie season and ZAR establishes himself as a top 9 forward which he showed at times last season. Cullen as 13th forward is great depth but can't see him not in the lineup on a 4th line. If this signing happens it will be very interesting what happens next.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I forgot to add that that website usually has very little credibility and it's basically a tmz for hockey. The people seem obsessed with that shit and if that's all they truly do they're absolutely terrible people, too.

They broke the Prust signing in Montreal because his wife (then girlfriend) worked, or was associated with these people in some sense.

That took JT Utah is part of that if people remember that.

They might have sources amongst the lower end French players, but I wouldn't put much stock in this, or anything they say.

Reactions: ohmyjlord

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand

PriceIsGod

Carey Please :)
Jul 15, 2012
You know...
Gallagher, Pacioretty, Lehkonen, Byron, Shaw, Hudon, Scherbak, Deslauries, Domi, Armia

Yes Marc we really need another winger.

frederixx

Dec 5, 2005
Gallagher, Pacioretty, Lehkonen, Byron, Shaw, Hudon, Scherbak, Deslauries, Domi, Armia

Yes Marc we really need another winger.

To be fair, only Pacioretty, Gallagher and probably Domi are true top 6. Throw as much as you can against the wall and see what sticks?

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
To be fair, only Pacioretty, Gallagher and probably Domi are true top 6. Throw as much as you can against the wall and see what sticks?
Just heard Pat Hickey on nhl network saying he believes Domi is a 3rd liner.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
His career is on shaky grounds and he should go to a good organization. He should stay as far away from that dumpster fire in Montreal.
Pretty much career suicide for offensive players. Grinders paradise.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Would like the habs to sign him, but there isn't really a spot for him.

Left wing:
Pacioretty
Domi
Lehkonen
Hudon
Byron

Right wing:
Gallagher
Scherbak
Armia
Shaw

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Pens have some cap space and are shallow at LW, with Rust, a natural RW, most likely playing left for them. Makes sense to add depth there and plan for a future where Hagelin may walk next off season

The good is that with Sheary moved, there's a spot on the LW for either him or ZAR to fight for. Also, with Cullen there, there's some support on the 4th line, etc.

The depth would be...

Guentzel
Hagelin
*Duclair/Aston-Reese
Cullen

So if he does come, I would suspect it'd be a 1yr deal.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
He’s a turnover machine and over complicates things. Shouldn’t be anywhere near the top 6 and doesn’t put in enough effort to be in the bottom 6. He’s a homeless mans Tatar.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Surprised he would have that many options from NHL teams

why? maybe im missing something but in his 3 years he had 20g/24a in 81 games, 5g/10a in 58 games and then 11g/12a in 56 games. plus he is 22 years old. why wouldnt he have options when you can argue he could have gotten 20 goals last year if he played the 26 more games

Reactions: iSophagus

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
IMO he would benefit his career if he went to a good team like Tampa or Pittsburg. Playing with competent players in a good organization just might turn him around. Maybe something like Kessel who had morphed into a average to poor player for the Leafs before the trade to the Pens.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
why? maybe im missing something but in his 3 years he had 20g/24a in 81 games, 5g/10a in 58 games and then 11g/12a in 56 games. plus he is 22 years old. why wouldnt he have options when you can argue he could have gotten 20 goals last year if he played the 26 more games
Same draft year as Drouin. Played 30 less games and scored 5 less goals. Scored 1 more than Max Domi. Strong lazy label i guess

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
If there is one coach that can light a fire under Duclair’s ass and get him to work hard it’s Mike Sullivan. The Pens country club died the day he took over and Malkin/Crosby learned there was a new sheriff in town and they needed to shut the f*** up and just play hockey.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
If there is one coach that can light a fire under Duclair’s ass and get him to work hard it’s Mike Sullivan. The Pens country club died the day he took over and Malkin/Crosby learned there was a new sheriff in town and they needed to shut the **** up and just play hockey.

Sullivan would immediately hate him.

Reactions: PensandCaps

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad