Rumor: Anthony Duclair - 5 Teams in for him incl. NYR, Pens, Habs and TBL

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
Not sure how reliable this source is.

Anthony Duclair : les Canadiens encore dans la course - 25Stanley

This is the translation from a french article:

Anthony Duclair is still available on the market of autonomous players. The 22-year-old Quebecker does not know yet which team he will play next season.

Some teams are still in the race to get him. The Montreal Canadiens would be among the five clubs involved.

Other teams included the Pittsburgh Penguins, New York Rangers and Tampa Bay Lightning.Last Monday, the Canadians and the Penguins seemed to be the two favorite teams to acquire Duclair's services.Duclair played for the Chicago Blackhawks and the Arizona Coyotes last season.

He scored 11 goals and 12 assists in 56 games.This one was a 3rd round pick (80th overall) in 2013 Blueshirts. To date, he has played 213 games in the National Hockey League.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
Not sure how reliable this source is.

Anthony Duclair : les Canadiens encore dans la course - 25Stanley

This is the translation from a french article:

Should be interesting if this is true. Seems strange it would come down to those two teams. One a true Cup contender and the other team not that close. I wonder if it is a situation of Habs offering a longer term and more money and Duclair is deciding between that and joining the Pens on a one year type contract?

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Pens have some cap space and are shallow at LW, with Rust, a natural RW, most likely playing left for them. Makes sense to add depth there and plan for a future where Hagelin may walk next off season

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Would be a great Kuhnhackl replacement for the Penguins. Would certainly help them regain an offensive scoring touch for the 4th line.

Duclair-Sheahan-Rust/ZAR/Sprong

would be nice.

NHL

Sep 1, 2014
I wouldnt be surprised if MB is trying to move some bottom 6 wingers before signing him.(If Duclair wants to go in MTL). Having way to much much wingers can go against MB and lower the return a bit.

Reactions: orby

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Montreal should grab him. His chemistry with Domi is real. Coyotes coaches kept them apart and had it out for Duclair. He was the fall guy for the team being a defensive sieve when other players were far worse.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Sens apparently have interest, according to Murray Pam. He tweeted about it a few days ago, can’t access it right now.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
He's a decent top 9 depth winger. Tampa and Pittsburg make the most sense imo.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
If I'm Duclair, I try to sign with Edmonton for 700K-1M, and win the top line RW spot over Caggiula, Yamamoto, Rattie, Puljujarvi... then cash in on a big pay-day.

RNH-McDavid-Duclair
Rieder-Draisaitl-Puljujarvi
Lucic-Strome-Caggiula
Khaira-Brodziak-Kassian
Aberg

MrM

Oct 13, 2013
If I'm Duclair, I try to sign with Edmonton for 700K-1M, and win the top line RW spot over Caggiula, Yamamoto, Rattie, Puljujarvi... then cash in on a big pay-day.

RNH-McDavid-Duclair
Rieder-Draisaitl-Puljujarvi
Lucic-Strome-Caggiula
Khaira-Brodziak-Kassian
Aberg

It makes sense if he can beat out the competition. If he was playing with McDavid he will get points.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
*thoughtfully stares at Montreal’s roster, snaps fingers*

Wingers, man. That’s what’s missing. Not enough wingers.

Haha! I gotta admit, that made me laugh.

I think Duclair and Montreal are a fit, I can see it happening. But you are bang on that it isn't exactly a positional need for them. They'd have to find a way to fit him on the roster. If he doesn't end up in Montreal, I'm betting it's because he wanted a team where he wouldn't have to fight so much for his spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad