Movies: Ant Man & The Wasp

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Walton Goggins + Paul Rudd in the same movie?

IS THERE ANY CONTAINING THE CHARM?!

giphy.gif

Reactions: The Macho Man

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
So the placement of this movie between the two Avengers movies might be starting to make sense. It also might have a direct link to Avengers 4 in that one rumor is that time travel will be involved as part of fixing/preventing what Thanos did. Since the Time Stone is still in Thanos' possession, the OG Avengers might use the quantum realm that is a big part of Ant-Man and the Wasp movie as Scott will help them with his new knowledge of the quantum realm. Just a thought.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
interesting. I didn't mind the first ant-man film but this one just doesn't look good at all based on the trailers. I do think I will end up watching it at some point just for Rudd as he is hilarious.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
I'm guessing...

We see Wasp fade away in the extra credit scene as it coincides with Thanos snapping those purple fingers together.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I love how they're so explicitly tying in this movie with Infinity War.

I am really looking forward to this.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Someone posted the official cast list, looks like Laurence Fishburne's son Langston will be playing the younger version of his character.

The cast list also hints at a few interesting cameos within the film, with Gotham and Fringe alum Michael Cerveris playing Elihas Starr, the alias for Marvel Comics villain Egghead. Comedian Tim Heidecker is also on the list, credited as "Whale Boat Captain Daniel Gooobler", a name that feels about as Ant-Man as you can possibly get.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Just came home from seeing it. Just what I needed after Infinity War. Some lighthearted entertainment. I'd probably give this 8+ or 8½/ 10. Definitely not as funny as Deadpool 2 in case anyone's looking for that type of a movie. Most of the funny parts form the trailers happen during the first hour so they might not make you laugh much but the second hour is better. While it's all lighthearted,
the first post-credit scene will make you scream in horror again as Hank, Janet and Hope all turn to ashes while Scott is stuck in the Quantumrealm.

Last edited:

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Just got my ticket for a showing later tonight. Need to be able to read all the spoilers ASAP.

Reserved seating 10pm showing is pretty sparsely populated, but of course this isn't an 'event movie'.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Just got my ticket for a showing later tonight. Need to be able to read all the spoilers ASAP.

Reserved seating 10pm showing is pretty sparsely populated, but of course this isn't an 'event movie'.

Just a heads up, there's two post-credit scenes, one after the fancy credits and one at the end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad