Movies: Ant Man & The Wasp

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
With it being Comicon time, news is coming out on various movies including this one due out in 2018.

Looks like there might be the character Goliath as casting for it has been spotted.

That Hashtag Show reports Marvel is looking to hire an “African American male between the ages of 55 to 65" to play Dr. Bill Foster, a one-time heir to the Giant Man mantle and better known as Goliath

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
DFboRo2XUAI_3sx.jpg

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa

First synopsis

From the Marvel Cinematic Universe comes a new chapter featuring heroes with the astonishing ability to shrink: “Ant-Man and The Wasp.” In the aftermath of “Captain America: Civil War,” Scott Lang (Paul Rudd) grapples with the consequences of his choices as both a Super Hero and a father. As he struggles to rebalance his home life with his responsibilities as Ant-Man, he’s confronted by Hope van Dyne (Evangeline Lilly) and Dr. Hank Pym (Michael Douglas) with an urgent new mission. Scott must once again put on the suit and learn to fight alongside The Wasp as the team works together to uncover secrets from their past.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I really enjoyed the first. Hopefully the second one can stay fresh.

Last edited:

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Who is the bad guy in this?

They are keeping it kind of under wraps so far. We do know the FBI is after them after the events of Ant Man and Civil War. Looks like the main antagonist will be Ghost played by Hannah John-Kamen. The character is a man in the comics I believe but would not be the first time gender is swapped. He also traditionally has been an anti-capitalist who would work as a merc for hire attacking companies in the Marvel universe include Stark Industries, Roxxon, etc. Abilities are from an explosion that fused some tech to him/her and now can become invisible/intangible and also has a high intellect and amazing computer skills.

The other foe is going to be Sonny Burch who worked for Cross and probably ends up taking over the company after Cross seems have died in the first Ant Man. He probably is the one that has hired Ghost.

Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I've soured on Marvel movies lately (no more Iron Man please), but I enjoyed the Ant Man for what it was and this one looks promising.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Him scootering along on the back of the flatbed sold me!

I loved the original and this just looks like it but with more funny size gags. I’m really excited for it!

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Hank and I worked on a project together called Goliath.
How big did you get?
My record...21 feet. You?
65 feet!

65???

If you two are finished comparing sizes.

Last edited:

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Didn't see the first one in theaters but caught it on HBO before Civil War came out and enjoyed it.

Probably will see this one at the movies just to get the latest as to where it fits with Infinity War.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad