Proposal: Another Florida-Cbus proposal

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Seconded. I haven’t understood any of these proposals from the get go. I understand that 7 years is better than 8. But Florida does need either Bob or Panarin for a playoff run.

Meanwhile, If Florida moves their experienced UFAs for futures, signs Panarin or Bob on July 1, and keeps Huberdeau, they can have their cake and eat it too. It would be horrendous asset management to trade for the Russians in CBJ now just to make sure they can offer them 8 years

And, of course, the flip side is unfathomable. Rebuilding team trades good assets for impending UFA....who then gets lured by someone else’s pitch or changes his mind. Then Florida winds up with nothing and the franchise is set back years
Is it just me who doesn't really see the benefit of the 8th year? Maybe for Panarin, but why is it better to sign Bobrovski for eight years rather than seven? Is the theory that the overall cap hit will be lower? Even if I look at him purely as the 2xVezina winner, ignoring this meh season and his history of meh playoff performaces, will he still be any decent at age 38, 39?

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Tro Chex?
img_2175.jpg

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
There is almost no breakfast cereal I don't like. VT is one of my favorite players in the league.

I'm not eating that.

But that's funny. Reminds me of Wacky Packages.

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
What if its changed to both bob and Panarin signed (I know what Bread said but lets say panthers decide to offer 8x11.5 and bob gets his 8x10.5 so they both sign.) Bob/bread signed, Wennberg to replace the Trocheck whole or mend it. And Savard for a top4 RHD. Since you get both signed we dont take Rimer now because we dont want the salary but we get Trocheck, 1st round pick, Tippett.

1. Panarin has been clear, he’s not getting signed prior to a move, don’t see your GM going to him and saying, “hey we can get Tro if you sign,” and him saying “sweet, where’s the contract!”

2. Trocheck isn’t available. Neither is Tippett, perhaps if both guys weren’t about to be UFAs he’d be, pretty sure he was prior to the season starting in a potential deal...but not now. Especially after how he’s been playing.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Your signing premise is on the condition they both would choose Florida. If they have concluded that why wouldn’t they just wait? Losing talent like Trochek and the first weaken the team they would be joining. I don’t see the benefit for the players. Add the possible 8th year on their contract maybe but wouldn’t that be used to lower cap hit. I just don’t see this as reasonable.
Panarin has no say in where he is traded Im not saying he is doing it to help the team or whatever im saying if GMJk decides today he wants to trade Panarin because he doesnt want to risk losing him for nothing so he allows Panarin to be talked to about contract before a trade. Panarin decides he really likes the offer and he changes his mind and will sign before ufa. He has 0 idea what else is in the trade he isnt deciding based on what goes either way. This isnt based on the premise he goes to Florida based on he thinks thats where he wants to go now but based on because this specific situation he gets to talk to management now. Lets say panarin in his mind is going to Ny AND THE ONLY WAY he goes to the panthers is a trade where he extends. You wouldnt do Trocheck for Panarin, Wennberg, Savard, and Bob? Yeah Trocheck is on a good deal but Florida have the cap to maken it work and the trade makes them on the level of TB... that just seems crazy to turn down because you like 1 player. Thats like not trading PLD, 1st, Foudy for Barkov (if was a ufa but signing on trade), Yandle, Hoffman (was in mid contract), and stud goalie (if was ufa signing 9n trade). Yes we love PLD and he's a young top 30 C but to not improve our team because we love 1 player seems crazy.

Again im just talking about this 1 specific exact situation. This is a trade board not real life. Im saying right now if this situation happened today in which you know the only way Panarin goes to Florida is sign and trade you wouldnt do Panarin signed say not even adding Bob signed so he is cheaper he will end up signing anyways but so it keeps the cost down he is unsigned and you get cost controlled top4 D in Savard and Wennberg to replace Trocheck... for Trocheck a 1st and a top young prospect not Tippett we will even say... would you accept that?

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Barkov and Trocheck for Jones, Wennberg, and Foudy sure?

Yes FLA would love to trade 60~ goals/135-150 pts at a combined caphit of $10.65 million. Let that sink in how good both Barkov and Trocheck's deals are. Just dont see a scenario where we trade either of these two.

Panarin to NSH/TB for a 1st + prospect
Bob to CGY/STL/CAR for a 2nd + decent prospect. Go get it done!

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Yes FLA would love to trade 60~ goals/135-150 pts at a combined caphit of $10.65 million. Let that sink in how good both Barkov and Trocheck's deals are. Just dont see a scenario where we trade either of these two.

Panarin to NSH/TB for a 1st + prospect
Bob to CGY/STL/CAR for a 2nd + decent prospect. Go get it done!
I mean to be fair Jones is also only making 6mil ish as a top 10 D in the league. All 3 on amazing deals. I no world do you guys ever trade Barkov nor should you it was just a response to trading Jones which their is maybe 3 players in the league that could get jones 1 for 1.

As for the Panarin and Bob suggestion the return you have for Panarin is closer to Bob and Panarin honestly I dont see being traded. The rumored ask from Boston was Debrusk a 1st and a prospect. We are dine losing him if that isnt willing to be paid. Bob for the 1st and prospect or a switch with another goalie say a quick would be acceptable .

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Is it just me who doesn't really see the benefit of the 8th year? Maybe for Panarin, but why is it better to sign Bobrovski for eight years rather than seven? Is the theory that the overall cap hit will be lower? Even if I look at him purely as the 2xVezina winner, ignoring this meh season and his history of meh playoff performaces, will he still be any decent at age 38, 39?
I agree, completely. For the team you’re talking about shaving one year from the player’s deal in their mid 30s. Often that’s when things start to fall apart, and (if things have gone according to plan) the team has probably been competitive, had a window come and go, and now needs to retool. Having an aging, expensive, high cap hit player on the roster at that point is usually a se

The only difference I think it makes is for the player. Obviously they want that 8th year and it has to make a difference in their calculus. So in terms of 8 being better than 7, I think it just gives the signing team a better shot.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Panarin has no say in where he is traded Im not saying he is doing it to help the team or whatever im saying if GMJk decides today he wants to trade Panarin because he doesnt want to risk losing him for nothing so he allows Panarin to be talked to about contract before a trade. Panarin decides he really likes the offer and he changes his mind and will sign before ufa. He has 0 idea what else is in the trade he isnt deciding based on what goes either way. This isnt based on the premise he goes to Florida based on he thinks thats where he wants to go now but based on because this specific situation he gets to talk to management now. Lets say panarin in his mind is going to Ny AND THE ONLY WAY he goes to the panthers is a trade where he extends. You wouldnt do Trocheck for Panarin, Wennberg, Savard, and Bob? Yeah Trocheck is on a good deal but Florida have the cap to maken it work and the trade makes them on the level of TB... that just seems crazy to turn down because you like 1 player. Thats like not trading PLD, 1st, Foudy for Barkov (if was a ufa but signing on trade), Yandle, Hoffman (was in mid contract), and stud goalie (if was ufa signing 9n trade). Yes we love PLD and he's a young top 30 C but to not improve our team because we love 1 player seems crazy.

Again im just talking about this 1 specific exact situation. This is a trade board not real life. Im saying right now if this situation happened today in which you know the only way Panarin goes to Florida is sign and trade you wouldnt do Panarin signed say not even adding Bob signed so he is cheaper he will end up signing anyways but so it keeps the cost down he is unsigned and you get cost controlled top4 D in Savard and Wennberg to replace Trocheck... for Trocheck a 1st and a top young prospect not Tippett we will even say... would you accept that?
GMJK has already made it clear that he won't be allowing teams to negotiate extensions prior to a deal getting done. Also, your hypothetical makes no sense. It's quite the stretch to assume that Panarin is willing to sign for 8 years with the Panthers now but completely unwilling to sign for 7 in July. Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Reactions: SufferingCatFan

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
GMJK has already made it clear that he won't be allowing teams to negotiate extensions prior to a deal getting done. Also, your hypothetical makes no sense. It's quite the stretch to assume that Panarin is willing to sign for 8 years with the Panthers now but completely unwilling to sign for 7 in July. Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
So instead of just saying its a fair deal you argue against the scenario. Ill accept it as a yes.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
So instead of just saying its a fair deal you argue against the scenario. Ill accept it as a yes.
you were already told how terrible of a deal it was. Now we are discussing how poor your argument behind that terrible deal was.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
you were already told how terrible of a deal it was. Now we are discussing how poor your argument behind that terrible deal was.
Theres no arguement behind. There is a scenario ... the question is in that scenario do you accept or no. Instead of saying yes or no you argue aspects that arent in question. Scenario Panarin only goes to florida if in sign and trade. Bob goes unsigned so he is cheaper. You get bread 8 years plus a replacement cheaper the Trocheck a top 4 RHD and a 2 time vezina for Trocheck a 1st and a non Tippett prospect. There is no Jarmo said he wont or bread said he wont. I am saying Jarmo agrees and Bread goes to florida only in trade. Its a set situation spelled out for you. Do you think Trocheck is worth more then those 4 players in that situation. Yes or no. Very easy. I believe in you.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
:dunno: I tried. I really did.
Disagree. Because you tried to stop a situation in which I was arguing something that has real life chance. Im not. Im just trying to guage vacuum situation for fun/curiosity. Florida fans dont seem to like fun and apparently curiosity does kill the cat because cat fans are terrified to answer the question im curious about.

As of right now it seems they are afaid to answer if they think Trocheck is worth more then signed panarin Wennberg Savard and a UFA Bob that will negotiate with them...

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Disagree. Because you tried to stop a situation in which I was arguing something that has real life chance. Im not. Im just trying to guage vacuum situation for fun/curiosity. Florida fans dont seem to like fun and apparently curiosity does kill the cat because cat fans are terrified to answer the question im curious about.

As of right now it seems they are afaid to answer if they think Trocheck is worth more then signed panarin Wennberg Savard and a UFA Bob that will negotiate with them...
It's not fun for them, tho. Simply put, they don't want to trade the guy, period, full stop, and they're getting annoyed with your pushing the idea.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
It's not fun for them, tho. Simply put, they don't want to trade the guy, period, full stop, and they're getting annoyed with your pushing the idea.
And they dont have to even further elaborate other then yes or no. Thats literally the answer... they are literally getting annoyed for no reason because they can say yes... or no... instead of arguing semantics and being done with it...

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
And they dont have to even further elaborate other then yes or no. Thats literally the answer... they are literally getting annoyed for no reason because they can say yes... or no... instead of arguing semantics and being done with it...
That's probably because saying "shut up and go away" is against site rules.

Seriously, this is reminding me of when folks were hounding us about trading Jones because of us already having Werenski. (Or vice versa.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad