Proposal: Another Florida-Cbus proposal

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Ow. As much as I loathe the Reimer contract, that's probably worth it to get Huberdeau.

I just don’t see Huberdeau moving, even if it’s for a signed Panarin(even though he expressed he won’t sign until July 1st)/Bob.

At best it’s a lateral move for Florida and they end up spending 5-6M more on Panarin than Huberdeau.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
to Columbus:
Huberdeau
Reimer
Malgin

To Florida:
Panarin
Bob

Gets them both here, gives Columbus a talented player with a good contract, decent back up goalie and a young forward with promise.

That's a no for me Laus.
If we trade Huberdeau, it should be for a top 4 D. He has a ton of value right now. Not worth it imo when we can wait and get at least one of Bob/AP and still have cap to sign/trade for a D/G/F

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
That's a no for me Laus.
If we trade Huberdeau, it should be for a top 4 D. He has a ton of value right now. Not worth it imo when we can wait and get at least one of Bob/AP and still have cap to sign/trade for a D/G/F

Not sure I see them getting a top 4 guy except maybe Trouba, but I don’t think he’d cost Huberdeau. Have anyone in mind?

Hubs hasn’t been as sharp, love the guy and would be sad to see him go, but it moves Reimer, more money, and creates space. I’d be surprised to see it happen, but I’d understand if it did. Hoffman is do for a re-up after next year and he’s been playing well. As has Vatrano, rather we wait, just a thought.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Outside being able to offer 8 year deals where’s the incentive for Florida when they could keep Huberdeau and just wait until July and dump Reimer without moving out a cost controlled star.

This is actually brutal for Florida
Seconded. I haven’t understood any of these proposals from the get go. I understand that 7 years is better than 8. But Florida does need either Bob or Panarin for a playoff run.

Meanwhile, If Florida moves their experienced UFAs for futures, signs Panarin or Bob on July 1, and keeps Huberdeau, they can have their cake and eat it too. It would be horrendous asset management to trade for the Russians in CBJ now just to make sure they can offer them 8 years

And, of course, the flip side is unfathomable. Rebuilding team trades good assets for impending UFA....who then gets lured by someone else’s pitch or changes his mind. Then Florida winds up with nothing and the franchise is set back years

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Seconded. I haven’t understood any of these proposals from the get go. I understand that 7 years is better than 8. But Florida does need either Bob or Panarin for a playoff run.

Meanwhile, If Florida moves their experienced UFAs for futures, signs Panarin or Bob on July 1, and keeps Huberdeau, they can have their cake and eat it too. It would be horrendous asset management to trade for the Russians in CBJ now just to make sure they can offer them 8 years

And, of course, the flip side is unfathomable. Rebuilding team trades good assets for impending UFA....who then gets lured by someone else’s pitch or changes his mind. Then Florida winds up with nothing and the franchise is set back years

Bjugstad trade was addition by subtraction. It cleared space (used on Panarin and Bob or not) and clears a guy with a 4+ hit who wouldn’t stay healthy and fell below expectations.

Always will be happy with that deal. It was necessary!!!

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Ok So you guys said you need a top 4D what about:
Bob(sign and trade)
Panarin
Savard
Wennberg

Trocheck
Rimer
(Insert forward here fellow cbj fans can help pick)

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Bob(sign and trade)
Panarin
Savard
Wennberg

Trocheck
Rimer
I guarantee you you're going to get an overwhelmingly hostile response for the sin of even naming Trocheck. There's just no interest whatsoever in moving him.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I guarantee you you're going to get an overwhelmingly hostile response for the sin of even naming Trocheck. There's just no interest whatsoever in moving him.
I mean theres no intrest in moving bread either.but we have had to deal with 800 threads because people think we are stupid if we "lose him for nothing" except idk getting a good seed and winning a series for once. The offer i put out there is not an unfair one by anymeans.

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Bob(sign and trade)
Panarin
Savard
Wennberg

Trocheck
Rimer

f*** no, you’re not getting Trocheck. You’re most likely not getting Hubs either, I just wanna move Reimer’s sorry ass that badly.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
I mean theres no intrest in moving bread either.but we have had to deal with 800 threads because people think we are stupid if we "lose him for nothing" except idk getting a good seed and winning a series for once. The offer i put out there is not an unfair one by anymeans.
One player is a UFA in a few months and the other is on a massively team friendly deal for the next few years.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
One player is a UFA in a few months and the other is on a massively team friendly deal for the next few years.
What if its changed to both bob and Panarin signed (I know what Bread said but lets say panthers decide to offer 8x11.5 and bob gets his 8x10.5 so they both sign.) Bob/bread signed, Wennberg to replace the Trocheck whole or mend it. And Savard for a top4 RHD. Since you get both signed we dont take Rimer now because we dont want the salary but we get Trocheck, 1st round pick, Tippett.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Bjugstad trade was addition by subtraction. It cleared space (used on Panarin and Bob or not) and clears a guy with a 4+ hit who wouldn’t stay healthy and fell below expectations.

Always will be happy with that deal. It was necessary!!!
Maybe you meant to quote a different post?i was referring specifically to the idea that the Panthers would move assets for a UFA to be in Panarin when they could just wait until the summer and get him as a free agent.

Glad you’re happy with the Pens deal, though. Bjugstad hasn’t shown much (but been solid) since he came over, which isn’t a surprise considering most of the roster looks like dreck right now. But McCann has been a pleasant surprise and looks like he should (hopefully) be a contributor for the Pens in years to come. Sounds like Sheahan and Brass have found their scoring touch again, too, so you should be able to fetch something good for them in a couple of weeks time.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
What if its changed to both bob and Panarin signed (I know what Bread said but lets say panthers decide to offer 8x11.5 and bob gets his 8x10.5 so they both sign.) Bob/bread signed, Wennberg to replace the Trocheck whole or mend it. And Savard for a top4 RHD. Since you get both signed we dont take Rimer now because we dont want the salary but we get Trocheck, 1st round pick, Tippett.

DistantFastConch-size_restricted.gif
Is that all? You don't want Huberdeau too?

Reactions: Laus723

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
View attachment 185487
Is that all? You don't want Huberdeau too?
Your saying for the best goalie in the league over the past decade plus maybe the most dynamic player in the game now besides kane and maybe 1 or 2 guys im not thinking of plus a team friendly contract top 4 RHD PLUS Wennberg asking for Trocheck, a really late 1st and a prospect is overpayment?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
There's kind of a difference between "we don't want to move this guy but we may have to or find a reason to" and "quit ****ing asking". It'd be like a team asking us about PLD. In theory, yes, it could happen. In practice, the answer's going to be "**** off". ;)

He's a #1C-level guy on an absolute steal of a contract who's doing great things for them. I love him too and I'd gleefully murder half the participants in this thread to get him in union blue, but it's not going to happen. Certainly not in a trade in which the Panthers assume any risk whatsoever (such as, say, the risk of Bob and Panarin not actually signing there, remote tho it may seem at the moment and/or from our perspective).

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
There's kind of a difference between "we don't want to move this guy but we may have to or find a reason to" and "quit ****ing asking". It'd be like a team asking us about PLD. In theory, yes, it could happen. In practice, the answer's going to be "**** off". ;)

He's a #1C-level guy on an absolute steal of a contract who's doing great things for them. I love him too and I'd gleefully murder half the participants in this thread to get him in union blue, but it's not going to happen. Certainly not in a trade in which the Panthers assume any risk whatsoever (such as, say, the risk of Bob and Panarin not actually signing there, remote tho it may seem at the moment and/or from our perspective).
Thats why I said signed in this case as unlikely as it may be not because I think it would happen but for funsies. If they got both signed long term plus a stop gap wennberg as a Trocheck replacement and a top4 RHD they said they needed. So in this case we are relieving all that risk and 1 stop shopping them giving them every need they have. In return we get the 2C we want, a 1st which will be late and a higha potential wing that maybe one day can put up significant points.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Thats why I said signed in this case as unlikely as it may be not because I think it would happen but for funsies. If they got both signed long term plus a stop gap wennberg as a Trocheck replacement and a top4 RHD they said they needed. So in this case we are relieving all that risk and 1 stop shopping them giving them every need they have. In return we get the 2C we want, a 1st which will be late and a higha potential wing that maybe one day can put up significant points.

Your signing premise is on the condition they both would choose Florida. If they have concluded that why wouldn’t they just wait? Losing talent like Trochek and the first weaken the team they would be joining. I don’t see the benefit for the players. Add the possible 8th year on their contract maybe but wouldn’t that be used to lower cap hit. I just don’t see this as reasonable.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Your saying for the best goalie in the league over the past decade plus maybe the most dynamic player in the game now besides kane and maybe 1 or 2 guys im not thinking of plus a team friendly contract top 4 RHD PLUS Wennberg asking for Trocheck, a really late 1st and a prospect is overpayment?

Yes that's an overpayment on a condition that wont happen. For funsies as you call it, you want Trocheck? I want Seth Jones.

Trocheck + 2019 1st for Jones. Deal?

Reactions: Laus723

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Age and contract status matter. CBJ’s leverage, especially when it comes to the Panthers is almost nothing. The only benefit of trading for them now is to get the 8th year. It would be nice, but it’s definitely not worth trading a top 30ish center on a great contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad