Post-Game Talk: Another day, another Devils loss (NJ gets blanked by EDM 4-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Various loser talk:

"I thought it was more a 50/50 game than the scoreboard said it was. When they had opportunities they put the puck in the net and we had some real good looks and opportunities but the puck didn't get in the net."

"You're here to win games and when you play well enough to have a chance, it's tough. But we lost by four. Maybe it wasn't that close, maybe it just felt like it but I thought we played much better tonight."

"I thought we deserved better in the second but that's on us. We need to continue to improve and get better."

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I agree. Sakic is the only one with the juice, and he's smarter than that. I guess we'll get to see if Hall cares about winning as much as he claims.

Someone is going to want to make a splash and will offer him big money. Canadians are desperate for a star winger for example though I am not sure they can make the cap work.

I just don’t see the teams in the best position handing out that contest. Definitely not Colorado.

Renting him for a cup run is a different story.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
OMG, the fire trail & the blue puck, hopefully whoever created that died a horrible death.
I actually worked with the guy who invented that.

Funny story... we were out grabbing a bite when the waitress overheard us talking about that.

She made him scribble out a written apology on a napkin for her BF.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Hall is injury prone and if I were him I'd take as much as I could get from anyone who was willing to pay. I don't see Hall as a guy that can be an effective older player. Just my opinion.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I don’t think a true contender pays him. He will take the money from a team a step down like Zach did.

Or he pulls a Hossa and takes a cheap one-year deal somewhere on a contender with cap issues lol

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
At this point Hall may be lucky to get Hischiers contract

Hall will eclipse $7M, but I 100% believe he's seriously hurt himself financially with the disappearance of his goal-scoring.

I think $11M is out-of-the-question now, $10M I think is doubtful, something like $8.5M to $9.5M I think is more realistic.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Hall will eclipse $7M, but I 100% believe he's seriously hurt himself financially with the disappearance of his goal-scoring.

I think $11M is out-of-the-question now, $10M I think is doubtful, something like $8.5M to $9.5M I think is more realistic.

Yeah, he overplayed his hand. Shero probably would have given him $10 million a year in the offseason, although maybe not without seeing his knee first.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
A one year deal is too much risk for a guy that has played more than 70 games 4 times in 10 years.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

A GM will offer $10. It just won’t be a contender.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
The amount is less important than the term with Hall...I wouldn't want to give him more than 5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad