Value of: Another 1st round pick to Ottawa or a goal scoring right winger

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
LD? Brannstrom and Sanderson not “stud” enough for you? They are probably both considered top 10 D prospects in the game.

Dorion said yesterday that they are set for this year on the left with Chabot, Reilly, Wolanin and Brannstrom. Sanderson is expected to sign as soon as the UND season is done. He will get big minutes in the AHL and see a handful of NHL games.

Forgot about Sanderson tbh. That does change my view.

Centre it is.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Eriksson + 2021 1st for future considerations. You can have Baertschi too if you want!

If Vancouver was going to do that, they would have done it already. My guess is they either ride it out, or buy him out next year.

Yeolo

Apr 11, 2014
Not trying to be THAT guy. But in what world is money ball Ottawa taking on a bad contract for a prospect.

I don't see the Ottawa ownership doing that.

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
I would be willing to take on a terrible contract or 2 that lasts no more than 3 years. Looking for only 1st round picks or goal scoring right winger.​

Jake Virtanen is a just turned 24 year-old physical RW who scored 18 goals in 69 games last year playing most of his 13:05 minutes of average ice time on the third line, only 53 seconds of which was with the PP2.

Canucks also have plenty of short term terrible contracts that we could package with him to lower or eliminate the return.

Unfortunately as others have said, if this was possible it probably would have already happened.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
Sens are still rebuilding for the future I would say right now D-core is fine and so is center position however we are looking for goal scoring wingers on the right. I know we have the whole oh melnyk is cheap but lets just say hypotethcially speaking that were not the case.

I would be willing to take on a terrible contract or 2 that lasts no more than 3 years. Looking for only 1st round picks or goal scoring right winger.​
What exactly are you offering in return? Just taking bad contracts?

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Can Hoffman play RW? If so, just sign him and keep your assets...

also In the same signing they can pick up the terrible 3 year contract the OP is looking for by signing Hoffman to a 3 year deal and get his girlfriend back too as a sweetener .

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Can Hoffman play RW? If so, just sign him and keep your assets...

Hoffman???

upload_2020-10-18_8-38-28.gif

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Eriksson + Virtanen always made sense to me, but now we're getting into a position where theres not a lot of room for Virtanen. I would just try to bring back Duke on a 1yr deal.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Dorion says they are still interested in signing him, but he would need to “understand his role”. I interpret that as meaning he is going to be behind several other wingers... and that Dadonov will be the guy on PP1.
Do you have a link to that interview or quote? I didnt see that

I’d offer him 2 years at 3.5 per season. Take it or leave it.

I wouldnt offer him beyond 1 yr, unless we dont plan on extending Brown beyond this upcoming year (which I think would be a big mistake). He lost long-term job security when Dadonov signed.

BurgoShark

Jul 1, 2004
Gold Coast
Do you have a link to that interview or quote? I didnt see that
Last 2 paragraphs.

"Out of respect for Anthony, we gave him a head's up of what was going on yesterday morning [with the signing of fellow winger Dadonov]. We really like Anthony. He had a great season for us last year. We offered him a substantial raise ... he chose not to accept it, wanted to test the free agency waters.

We've kept great contact, talked almost every second or third day since the process started. He chose to go, and we're always keeping the door open, but he would have to understand what his role would be. But we do like him as a human being and a hockey player."

Senators GM Dorion talks top prospects, adding grit, expanding Chabot's role

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Last 2 paragraphs.

"Out of respect for Anthony, we gave him a head's up of what was going on yesterday morning [with the signing of fellow winger Dadonov]. We really like Anthony. He had a great season for us last year. We offered him a substantial raise ... he chose not to accept it, wanted to test the free agency waters.

We've kept great contact, talked almost every second or third day since the process started. He chose to go, and we're always keeping the door open, but he would have to understand what his role would be. But we do like him as a human being and a hockey player."

Senators GM Dorion talks top prospects, adding grit, expanding Chabot's role
Nice, thank you for the link. Very respectful comments from Pierre.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
so we are taking on a horrific contract, giving up a piece with some value(not a lot but positive value), bailing out the oilers and you are protecting the pick....where do i sign up

Yeah there is no way the Sens add in a second rounder, and one protected pick isn't even enough. Like Ottawa would be better off overpaying Granlund themselves on a one year deal, and then retaining and trading him at the deadline for a 1st. In fact, they could do that 3 years in a row and get 3 firsts instead of having to have Neal. Which puts the value of Ottawa taking Neal at around 3 1st rounders

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
Legit question if Sens would take a swing at Laine?

Certainly have the assets and cap space.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
so we are taking on a horrific contract, giving up a piece with some value(not a lot but positive value), bailing out the oilers and you are protecting the pick....where do i sign up

Get one of the Bolts that are on the block e.g., Killorn, Gourde. You'd probably get a pick from TBL along with the player. Get TBL to retain as well if desired.

But, I'd think Ottawa would prefer to add a center.

Last edited:

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Step 1, offer sheet Sergachev and Cirelli for deals that Tampa has to match but can't right now. Something affordable.

Then, knowing that they won't solve their cap situation within a week, offer to take Johnson and Gourde off their hands, with quite a bit of retention and a sweetener attached.

Watch Tampa match the offer sheets.

Go full heel turn and immediately offer sheet Cernak.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Sens have a lot of prospects. You don't need the 1st round pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad