HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Anniversary of the David Clarkson trade!

XxJammingxX

Mar 5, 2014
In the locker room after a soccer game. I looked at my phone and saw the alert.

Yelled out "Holy ****".

Cheered everyone up after our loss.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I can say with 100% confidence, that I have enjoyed Horton on the team, far more than Clarkson.

aarons3005

GT: JustCaIIMeRonny
Feb 13, 2013
Ottawa, ON
I was making dinner when my friend called me. I told him "you're lying" at least 10 times before I checked twitter and died. This day will be remembered forever

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Just got home, had a foot long sub from Mr.Sub (chicken souvlaki) pulled up TSN/HFboards at the same time on my computer and I'm like "HOLY **********"

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Hey Clarkson has played about 25 games for us and has like 3 points. What has Horton done for you except give you LTIR relief? :sarcasm:

While you celebrate, Jacket fans mourn. :laugh:

catgoldfish

Nov 15, 2004
British Columbia
Was watching trade tracker on TSN. Also can't believe we got rid of Kessel and Phaneuf. All of them combined made well over 22 million! The only one I was sad to see leave is Phaneuf.

Reddaye

Nov 1, 2011
New Brunswick
I clearly remember jumping out of my chair and bouncing around the room cheering and swinging my arms wildly.

Hard to believe it's been a year already.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
I remember I had been on HF for a bit before the announcement, I think I had a grabbed a bite to eat and came back, saw it on the toronto sun site, don't judge me. I suspect I literally rubbed my eyes to ensure it wasn't an illusion.

Raging Bull

Present
Jan 25, 2004
Hamilton, ONT
It was one of those "remember where you were when you heard it" moments in life. I was on vacation, just like I was when I heard of the original Phaneuf trade to Toronto, in the Dominican.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Hey Clarkson has played about 25 games for us and has like 3 points. What has Horton done for you except give you LTIR relief? :sarcasm:

While you celebrate, Jacket fans mourn. :laugh:

lol 3 more points than Horton would have had. It was the perfect storm, Clarkson made the (somwhat) best out of a bad situation for CBJ and we, well we got rid of David ****ing Clarkson.

Mckay

I find your lack of gravy disturbing.
Mar 5, 2014
Canada
"the Columbus" :snide:

I was at work. I remember the exact room I was in and everything.

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
Clarkson is the biggest magician to ever play for the Leafs. Made himself disappear like none other. I'll still never figure out how that happened. It's like Nonis hiring The Hamburglar to play on the roster. What was he thinking... what gave him the idea that Clarkson was anything special at all? What evidence was there? Head scratcher.

If you guys google "David Clarkson Sucks Forum", you'll find a site which is a message/comment forum of Columbus fans who are feeling the same way. He's been even worse down there. I won't link it here because there's some pretty nasty comments about him but you can find it easily.

He's easily one of the worst catastrophes to ever put on a Leafs sweater

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I got a text from a friend that said 'Clarkson's gone.' I responded 'Don't be an a$$.' :rant:

Then, I tuned in to TSN, and exclaimed to mysef 'OMG, we got Horton too.' :amazed:

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
Knew the signing was a disaster from the first moment.

No idea what everyone got so excited about.

Was genuinely suprised they could move him but I guess when they assumed even more dead salary it was possible!

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Thinking back on it now lol it doesn't even matter since the direction the team took.... He could of helped the tank and he caphit is always good to reach the floor

Scarlet Witch

Jun 1, 2012
Toronto
I was working in late at the time. Got the notification from my phone. I then went to the washroom so I could be by myself, and started celebrating.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad