Confirmed with Link: Anisimov signs 3 year, $9.85M extension $3.283M AAV

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
That is a very good deal, IMO. I would have been okay with and AAV of 3.5-4.0. I would have preferred 4 years, but that isn't a big deal.

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
That seems like a pretty good contract to me. Porty had tweeted yesterday that it would be in the 3.5 to 4.5 M range, and I thought a 4 M AAV would be a bit steep.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
https://twitter.com/RobMixer

#CBJ GM Jarmo Kekalainen: "(Anisimov) is an extremely dependable two-way center with a dynamic skill set and we think..." 1/2

More Jarmo (2/2): ..."he will be a key contributor to our club in the coming years." #CBJ

In his first season w/#CBJ, Anisimov led the club in even-strength goals (10), shootout goals (4) and shooting percentage (16.2).

HoldFast13

DESTROY!!!!
Oct 23, 2010
Columbus OH
My only thing is I'm still asking what he did to earn that much of a raise? He didn't exactly have a career year or anything. (I guess that could be argued that IF it was a full season and IF he had stayed healthy for said hypothetical season, he would be on track for a possible 45 pt season)......a lot of IFs in there. If not I give him a year and a half before half the board is screaming buyout.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
LOL. You are acting like Anisimov isn't any good and that $3.283 million AAV is a lot. Neither are true. Look at what R.J. got on his last contract. This is a very good contract.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Yes. I believe he will earn it if he can remain in the lineup.

Thats the rub for me as well. He's worth the money if he's relatively healthy the next 3 years. Love his attitude, love his defensive awareness, and I'm very impressed with his shot.

Good work Jarmo!!

Nordique

Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
LOL. You are acting like Anisimov isn't any good and that $3.283 million AAV is a lot. Neither are true. Look at what R.J. got on his last contract. This is a very good contract.

some comparable players

Bouchard 4 mill
Whitney 4.5
Louis Eriksson 4.25
Zubruis 3.4
Zajac 3.8
Filpulla 3.0
Hudler 4.0
Horcoff 5.5 :shakehead
Bolland 3.3
Derek Roy 4.0

HoldFast13

DESTROY!!!!
Oct 23, 2010
Columbus OH
No, that's not what I'm saying in the least bit. Artie is a great player and don't get me wrong, I want him on the team. But Anisimov's best year was 44 pts back in 2011 I think. This year he theoretical was on place to match it. SO why the raise? Personally I thought around 2 would have been fair. I guess that's why Im not a GM.

Nordique

Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
No, that's not what I'm saying in the least bit. Artie is a great player and don't get me wrong, I want him on the team. But Anisimov's best year was 44 pts back in 2011 I think. This year he theoretical was on place to match it. SO why the raise? Personally I thought around 2 would have been fair. I guess that's why Im not a GM.

Its a top 6 contract, his first top 6 contract. That merits a big raise typically.

General Jacket70

Jul 26, 2002
Anchorage, AK
Visit site
Seems like we're the only fanbase questioning this sigining. Everyone on the mains loves it

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1454395&page=1

Seems to me its a good deal and, unless he totally can't play either through ineptitude or injury, its not an "untradeable" contract if he doesn't work out here. (Not saying it will happen, at all) The deal seems to be well structured for both sides.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Great signing and worth it, if and only if he can stay healthy... by that I mean if he plays around 60-65 games on average..

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
It's about what I expected ($200k less) when I said he would make Huselius money lowered to reflect the new cap ($3.5 million AAV).

The reason for the raise in my opinion is two-fold. First because I think we bought a year of UFA which is more expensive (someone correct me if I'm wrong). Second, based on his play this year he actually has improved a good amount. He is much more defensively responsible and even though he was only on pace for 44 points he was only playing intermittently. Had he remained healthy, I think he would have been on pace for 50-60 points.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad