Speculation: Anisimov + Hartman to Philly (grain of salt warning: JJ)

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
I like the idea of trading AA and Hartman to Philly...

For a Geno's Cheesesteak and Shane Ghostisbiere

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I think he got one trade right a while back and has been riding that ever since, but not so much in recent memory. Think a local Eklund.

Funny thing is, I'd trust Eklund more in this scenario since it's dealing with Philly. That is the one team it seems Eklund has a solid source(s) on since he's broken a few Philly trades in the past.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Still don't know why some of you want to get rid of Anisimov if you believe we still have an open Cup window

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Funny thing is, I'd trust Eklund more in this scenario since it's dealing with Philly. That is the one team it seems Eklund has a solid source(s) on since he's broken a few Philly trades in the past.

He broke the Mike Richards trade to LA, which was a huge surprise at the time. So yeah, it's the one team he seemed to have a source with back in the day.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Still don't know why some of you want to get rid of Anisimov if you believe we still have an open Cup window

I can’t see how anyone could look at this team and conclude we have an open Cup window. The Crawford injury has exposed this team as a non-contender and some of the biggest parts of the next Cup contender are not yet in the organization. We barely won Cups with prime Toews, Kane, Keith, Hossa, Seabrook, and many other good players who are not here anymore. Not trying to be negative, just stating what should be obvious, this team needs a lot of work.

Reactions: LDF

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I can’t see how anyone could look at this team and conclude we have an open Cup window. The Crawford injury has exposed this team as a non-contender and some of the biggest parts of the next Cup contender are not yet in the organization. We barely won Cups with prime Toews, Kane, Keith, Hossa, Seabrook, and many other good players who are not here anymore. Not trying to be negative, just stating what should be obvious, this team needs a lot of work.

How did we barely win them?

Reactions: b1e9a8r5s

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
How did we barely win them?

Game 7’s, multiple OTs in the finals, many wins in elimination games. I’m not taking anything away from the wins, just saying the talent we once had was far greater than what we have now and it was just enough to get it done before. In a different world where those guys were so good that we went on 16-4 playoff runs, they’d probably still have enough of that talent left to be better than they are now.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Game 7’s, multiple OTs in the finals, many wins in elimination games. I’m not taking anything away from the wins, just saying the talent we once had was far greater than what we have now and it was just enough to get it done before. In a different world where those guys were so good that we went on 16-4 playoff runs, they’d probably still have enough of that talent left to be better than they are now.

You said barely which is just not the case.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Of recent winners only the 2012 Kings had an easier smoother win with less games played and no game 7s. Pretty sure everyone else had had game 7s and not been under the 22/23 games played. The 14 Kings had 3 game 7s the Pens last year had 2.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

Not to pile on you... but I'm pretty sure all three years the Hawks won the Cup, they were the consensus favorite each of those seasons... and had to win what? One game seven, maybe two? But that's pretty much every team's road to the Cup. You typically have to win at least one of those. And yes, there were comeback wins, and exciting OT wins, but I never got the feeling like the team was going to lose any of those games. I always had the confidence they'd battle back and win, and they pretty much always did. I miss being able to feel that, actually.

Reactions: ColdSteel2

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
You said barely which is just not the case.

I meant barely in the sense that it took everything those teams had to win them, not in the sense that they were lucky. They made it happen. And the guys that did that aren’t around anymore for the most part. Basically, we need to recreate that level of talent top to bottom, have them leave it all on the ice and then we can hopefully win another one. Lots of work to get from where we are today to that point. Are you seeing the situation differently?

Callidusblackhawk

Feb 15, 2012
Downers Grove, Illinois
Of recent winners only the 2012 Kings had an easier smoother win with less games played and no game 7s. Pretty sure everyone else had had game 7s and not been under the 22/23 games played. The 14 Kings had 3 game 7s the Pens last year had 2.
Yeah we didn't really have bumpy rides to the cups compared to other teams. The Hawks were only really in immediate danger of being eliminated in that game 7 against Detroit due to Hjamarsson's goal being waived off because of the f***ing terrible roughing call on Saad. Game 7 against the Ducks was a joke.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Not to pile on you... but I'm pretty sure all three years the Hawks won the Cup, they were the consensus favorite each of those seasons... and had to win what? One game seven, maybe two? But that's pretty much every team's road to the Cup. You typically have to win at least one of those. And yes, there were comeback wins, and exciting OT wins, but I never got the feeling like the team was going to lose any of those games. I always had the confidence they'd battle back and win, and they pretty much always did. I miss being able to feel that, actually.
100% The difference between winning and losing in the playoffs just isn't that much. As you say, seemingly every team goes through it on their way to winning a cup. Pens had 2 game 7s last year and had 1 the year before that. It's the nature of the sport. After the fact we all use conformation bias and act like the teams that won were destined to do so, but in virtually every playoff run there's a moment that could have easily gone the other way and resulted in a different champ.

Last edited:

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010

I agree and miss that feeling too. I mean, the OTs, as you know and saw in 2014, you’re leaving the door open to get beat. Thankfully that was the only time it happened, was an amazing team, this one we have now is not.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I meant barely in the sense that it took everything those teams had to win them, not in the sense that they were lucky. They made it happen. And the guys that did that aren’t around anymore for the most part. Basically, we need to recreate that level of talent top to bottom, have them leave it all on the ice and then we can hopefully win another one. Lots of work to get from where we are today to that point. Are you seeing the situation differently?

Every season, it pretty much takes everything the team has to win the Stanley Cup.... lol

Reactions: LordKOTL

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

This is what it takes to win the cup.

If you look at the pipeline the potential "talent" is there. You add that to the high pick we will have and then window could fly right open. Does this mean we will for sure win a cup? No. It takes a lot to win a cup as you said and you need to get going at the right time.

Obviously for the window to open again Toews must fix his shit.

Last edited:

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I think this is what they call a straw man. That team was amazing, this one is far from it. That’s the only point I was trying to make.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL

But that's the case for every team that wins, especially now days in the cap league.

Over that time span, only the 12 Kings lost fewer games (4) than any of those teams. But more than anything, it's a weird thing to care about. The goal is to win the cup. How you do it doesn't matter and a as shown below, the Hawks have actually done it better/easier (less games) than all but one team. So I don't really get your point.

2010 Hawks 16-6, 0 game 7s

2011 Bruins 16-9, 3 game 7s
2012 Kings 16-4, 0 game 7s
2013 Hawks 16-7, 1 game 7
2014 Kings 16-10, 3 game 7s
2015 Hawks 16-7, 1 game 7s
2016 Pens 16-8, 1 game 7
2017 Pens 16-9, 2 game 7s

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
But that's the case for every team that wins, especially now days in the cap league.

Over that time span, only the 12 Kings lost fewer games (4) than any of those teams. But more than anything, it's a weird thing to care about. The goal is to win the cup. How you do it doesn't matter and a as shown below, the Hawks have actually done it better/easier (less games) than all but one team. So I don't really get your point.

2010 Hawks 16-6, 0 game 7s

2011 Bruins 16-9, 3 game 7s
2012 Kings 16-4, 0 game 7s
2013 Hawks 16-7, 1 game 7
2014 Kings 16-10, 3 game 7s
2015 Hawks 16-7, 1 game 7s
2016 Pens 16-8, 1 game 7
2017 Pens 16-9, 2 game 7s

I’m not doing the straw man thing. I should have left that sentence out, thought it helped illustrate the gap between then and now. It didn’t. I was wrong.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I’m not doing the straw man thing. I should have left that sentence out, thought it helped illustrate the gap between then and now. It didn’t. I was wrong.
Fair enough. Where's Ricky Dicklund with the latest scoop?

I really don't think the Hawks are going to do much other than get like a 5th for Wingels though.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007

It’s the same group of handful of policeman here, they force their opinions on people, I wouldn’t be surprised it they are all the same person, it’s pathetic...

This team is sooo far behind the cup winning teams it’s not even close, one or two draft players won’t make a difference, this team is missing two top 6 guys and 3 top 4 D, these people don’t understand the level of other teams right now that are contending, this is what happens when you watch one team and you can’t let go of the built in homerism.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
The 2015 team was the only team where I think it was a grind for them with only 4 D. 2010 they just blew other teams away. 2013 pretty much the same except for Detroit

They took 9 games to win two best of 7s to go to the finals. That’s impressive

Reactions: ColdSteel2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad