Speculation: Anisimov + Hartman to Philly (grain of salt warning: JJ)

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Because it makes us older and worse at hockey.

I'd think they let Filpula walk in the summer and then recoup the cap space to address needs, potentially signing someone as old or younger than Anisimov. While Raffl makes them older, he's 29 and still a productive depth winger, they could probably flip him if they wanted to for a draft pick. And getting a young defenseman nets out the 'we're getting older argument', no? Morin and Sanheim are both early 20s.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I'd think they let Filpula walk in the summer and then recoup the cap space to address needs, potentially signing someone as old or younger than Anisimov. While Raffl makes them older, he's 29 and still a productive depth winger, they could probably flip him if they wanted to for a draft pick. And getting a young defenseman nets out the 'we're getting older argument', no? Morin and Sanheim are both early 20s.

Are they worth a 1st and 2nd? No.

This trade would be terrible.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Because it makes us older and worse at hockey. AA should be traded for a 1st or equivalent prospect. Hartman could get a 2nd as he score 20 last season without PP time.

I like Hartman and would like to keep him, but if Sanheim is a legit top 4 prospect, then netting him and 4.5m in cap space, plus potential to keep Raffl who actually can provide a lot of what Hartman already does, doesn't seem to be as egregious as being made out to be. Again, this is all based on the assumption that Sanheim/Morin are legit prospects. I have no clue if they are, but I remember a time people touted them as being big pieces to build around on the blue line for Philly.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Are they worth a 1st and 2nd? No.

This trade would be terrible.

There is talk Hartman might only fetch a 2nd round pick. You think they couldn't get the same return for Raffl at the TDL? Jurco went for a 3rd round pick and he is bad. So then the trade essentially nets out to Anisimov for Sanheim/Morin and Filpulla (4.5m in cap space), I'm just not seeing how this is a disaster trade.

Zawaski thinks Hartman only lands a 2nd and Anisimov doesn't land a 1st, so maybe the expectations of this board are off right now and this isn't that bad of a trade.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
This rumour doesn't say both Sanheim and Morin, probably one of two.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I like Hartman and would like to keep him, but if Sanheim is a legit top 4 prospect, then netting him and 4.5m in cap space, plus potential to keep Raffl who actually can provide a lot of what Hartman already does, doesn't seem to be as egregious as being made out to be. Again, this is all based on the assumption that Sanheim/Morin are legit prospects. I have no clue if they are, but I remember a time people touted them as being big pieces to build around on the blue line for Philly.

Agreed. Young close to NHL ready top 4 D are worth their weight in gold right now. At the least it is equivalent to their 1st rounder. It does seem pricey but you are getting an NHL ready player that someone else developed instead of us which seems like it would be beneficial given our history with D prospects.

Like you, I only know the names and not a lot about them.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Is it really that egregious of an offer? I thought at one point Sanheim and Morin were/are very highly thought of D prospects. Filpulla contract expires so basically they net 4.5m there to use in free agency, and Hartman is sort of replaced by Raffl and has an AAV that would be slightly higher than what Hartman might get as an RFA, but the remaining value Hawks would need back because Hartman is younger and Anisimov is better/cost controlled than Filp is a young defenseman like Sanheim or Morin. I don't watch either of the two prospects, so I think that's what makes or breaks a potential deal. Raffl and Hartman seems like a wash. Basically reshuffling chairs. Raffl isn't a scrub.
It all depends on how you value the player we are trading away.
Do you value AA as a 2nd line (45pt) C? or a 3rd line (35pt) C?
Do you value Hartman as a 3rd liner capable of 20G? or a 3rd liner 35pt forward looking for 2+mil?
Is the cap space more valuable than having those 2 players? How much do you value Morin/Sanheim?

The way I see it.

AA is probably now closer to a 3rd line C than a 2nd line C, who makes 4.5mil. Expendable in my books.
Hartman can probably pot 20G, and is a decent 3rd liner looking for probably 2+mil on his next contract.
(= 6.5mil in salary next year)
for
Raffl – OK 3rd liner capable of 30pts. (2.35mil)
Filppula – UFA – could get a 3rd rounder for him before deadline)
Sanheim – Young RHD with good offense, and size. (900k next year)
4mil in cap space

So basically would be Hartman and AA for a 2.35mil 3rd liner, a mid round pick, and a good young RHD prospect. Should be able to get a 2nd round pick for AA, and a comparable young player for Hartman (which would be Sanheim). So it’s probably a little bit low for the return I would expect to get from AA and Hartman. Better off trading them separately.

Robsker

Nov 8, 2014
I take a young hartman over an old Raffl every time. not even close. Hartman's best days are in front of him. raffl's best days --- which were modest at best --- are likely behind him.

nsanta91

Jan 30, 2018
It all depends on how you value the player we are trading away.
Do you value AA as a 2nd line (45pt) C? or a 3rd line (35pt) C?
Do you value Hartman as a 3rd liner capable of 20G? or a 3rd liner 35pt forward looking for 2+mil?
Is the cap space more valuable than having those 2 players? How much do you value Morin/Sanheim?

The way I see it.

AA is probably now closer to a 3rd line C than a 2nd line C, who makes 4.5mil. Expendable in my books.
Hartman can probably pot 20G, and is a decent 3rd liner looking for probably 2+mil on his next contract.
(= 6.5mil in salary next year)
for
Raffl – OK 3rd liner capable of 30pts. (2.35mil)
Filppula – UFA – could get a 3rd rounder for him before deadline)
Sanheim – Young RHD with good offense, and size. (900k next year)
4mil in cap space

So basically would be Hartman and AA for a 2.35mil 3rd liner, a mid round pick, and a good young RHD prospect. Should be able to get a 2nd round pick for AA, and a comparable young player for Hartman (which would be Sanheim). So it’s probably a little bit low for the return I would expect to get from AA and Hartman. Better off trading them separately.

This is how I look at It. Its not as bad as many think, but they also can probably get more. Its all about the value of Sanheim and Morin. But I don't think It is horrible at all.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I just don't see where the huge difference is if they package Anisimov and Hartman separately versus in a package deal to Philly.

Hawks give up:
Hartman - worth a 2nd round pick
Anisimov - MAYBE a late 1st, Zawaski thinks not, but lets say he is

Hawks receive:
Raffl - probably worth a 3rd at the TDL, similar production output to Hartman
Filppula - probably worth a 3rd as well
Sanheim - Worth 4 years of development to the Hawks, which is what the late 1st that Anisimov would potentially net in a separate deal would probably take, Flyers most NHL ready defenseman, once highly touted
Cap Space - 4.5mil minimum, up to 6m if they flip Raffl, this cap space is worth an asset in the summer, they will not sit on this money, we don't know who their target list is, but it has to be equated for in this trade proposal

When broken down piece by piece, it doesn't seem like that different to trade Hartman and Anisimov separately. This is all probably a giant f***ing waste of time because it's JJ and Barstool Chief said yesterday on his Periscope yesterday when talking hawks rumors that 'no sources are talking to that guy' :laugh:

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
what a waste of reading this crap. i am with everybody that saying this so called rumor is shit.

no way does SB does this trade.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
what a waste of reading this crap. i am with everybody that saying this so called rumor is ****.

no way does SB does this trade.

Dude where have you been? Make up the most ridiculous trade in your head and yes SB is capable of making it...

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Amazing that Hartman, a former first round pick developed and beginning to understand the NHL, playing reasonably well and able to fill a few different NHL roles, would be devalued into a mid-late second round pick for the potential of a player who likely won’t achieve after three years what Hartman already has. Imho, just can’t trade him at this point in his career unless it’s for similar at center or defense.

Reactions: ChiHawks10 and RayP

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Amazing that Hartman, a former first round pick developed and beginning to understand the NHL, playing reasonably well and able to fill a few different NHL roles, would be devalued into a mid-late second round pick for the potential of a player who likely won’t achieve after three years what Hartman already has. Imho, just can’t trade him at this point in his career unless it’s for similar at center or defense.
I'd probably trade him for Sanheim, but not a 2nd rounder. I wouldn't say that's his worth, but I highly doubt a team would give up a first for him.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
I'd probably trade him for Sanheim, but not a 2nd rounder. I wouldn't say that's his worth, but I highly doubt a team would give up a first for him.
And there in lies the stupidity of believing that the unknown is going to be better than the proven (from both sides).

Hartman is a first rounder who’s made it. What makes anyone think that a second rounder will turn out better than him?

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
And there in lies the stupidity of believing that the unknown is going to be better than the proven (from both sides).

Hartman is a first rounder who’s made it. What makes anyone think that a second rounder will turn out better than him?

agree 100%.

the point is to get optimum value out of your assets,.and when you have a homegrown 1st round pick playing in the NHL on a modest salary, moving him for a 2nd rounder is pathetic at best. The unknown is always sexier to the known for some posters, but luckily Bowman doesn't view things that way.

Hartman isn't a cap dump or involved in anything close to that, if we move him it is for a 1st round pick or a player at that level like you said for defense likely.

Reactions: pvr

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.

He is also slated to probably make 2-2.5mil. Some teams value the cap space and the pick rather than signing a 3rd liner to that contract.

If they have a cheaper option (like Hayden) that can replace him and can get the cap space and good pick or prospect, it may be attractive

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Not that I am saying he would, or should. But I bet a lot of people probably would have said the same thing for a lot of the trades he has made since 2015.
Dude where have you been? Make up the most ridiculous trade in your head and yes SB is capable of making it...

as i have stated before, i have been critical of SB .... however i will give him his do for the goods he has done.

but in all likely do, i feel confident SB will not be that stupid to do this trade.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad