Speculation: Anisimov + Hartman to Philly (grain of salt warning: JJ)

nsanta91

Jan 30, 2018
Tweet and link aren't working from Jaeckel, but the trade he has "heard" is:

Hawks Trade:
Anisimov
Hartman
Franson (possibly)

Philly Trades:
Filipulla
Raffl
Sam Morin/Sanheim

He brought up Hawks could retain some AA money, but likely not if Filipulla is included in the deal

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Brutal, unless Sanheim is coming back. But his stock is falling.

I would flip Filppula for a 3rd immediately, but Raffl has another year after. :eek:

Robsker

Nov 8, 2014
Tweet and link aren't working from Jaeckel, but the trade he has "heard" is:

Hawks Trade:
Anisimov
Hartman
Franson (possibly)

Philly Trades:
Filipulla
Raffl
Sam Morin/Sanheim

He brought up Hawks could retain some AA money, but likely not if Filipulla is included in the deal

I hope this is a joke. Why would a rebuilding team like the Hawks take on a 33 year old guy like Filipulla? it would make no sense at all. Raffl is 29 --- alos beyond his prime --- and brings next to nothing. Morin is a young project that is a D-man but not a puck mover. Sanheim is also a project --- a young D guy.

If the Hawks got all 4 for AA and Hartman, the Hawks lose that trade. I could get excited about both Morin and Sanheim if we got them both --- but why Filipulla and Raffl --- and not at the cost.

AA for Sanheim and Morin... good. The package. No.

Reactions: Panic at the Back

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
I would just risk Sanheim+2nd for AA and call it a day. Or Morin+STL 1st

Robsker

Nov 8, 2014
This trade would be a fireable move for Stan.

I would agree... it would be awful. must be misinformation.

Again --- AA for Sanheim and Morin gets two hopeful D gutys that are young and dumps cap for now. So that might not be a good trade but at least not a bad one --- sort of a wash. But to add hartman to it and get two older stiffs like Raffl and Fillipula would make zero sense.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
If both Morin and Sanheim, then yes. If not, no deal.

Hartman for Sanheim is good though.

Ace Rothstein

Aces High
Mar 13, 2012
This would be another in a series of bad moves from our GM if true. Hopefully the report isn't correct.

nsanta91

Jan 30, 2018
I hope this is a joke. Why would a rebuilding team like the Hawks take on a 33 year old guy like Filipulla? it would make no sense at all. Raffl is 29 --- alos beyond his prime --- and brings next to nothing. Morin is a young project that is a D-man but not a puck mover. Sanheim is also a project --- a young D guy.

If the Hawks got all 4 for AA and Hartman, the Hawks lose that trade. I could get excited about both Morin and Sanheim if we got them both --- but why Filipulla and Raffl --- and not at the cost.

AA for Sanheim and Morin... good. The package. No.

According to Jaeckel, Filipulla would be their 3C next season. Guy has won 50%+ of his face-offs almost every year. Raffl would likely fill a Hartman type role. Salaries would likely be cheaper than Hartman and AA going into next year.

This move would likely be a way to keep the team competing next year while also adding another young defensive body with potential.

nsanta91

Jan 30, 2018
BTW I am not saying they should make the move, personally I think its a lot to give up and makes them older, but its being talked about apparently so I figured its worth talking about

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
According to Jaeckel, Filipulla would be their 3C next season. Guy has won 50%+ of his face-offs almost every year. Raffl would likely fill a Hartman type role. Salaries would likely be cheaper than Hartman and AA going into next year.

This move would likely be a way to keep the team competing next year while also adding another young defensive body with potential.

This would be a downgrade.

JJ is just off on this one and it is fair to question his sources or if they exist.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
If JJ says it, it means one of two things:

1) He's saying what other people that are more reliable than him already said, or
2) He's wrong.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
If JJ says it, it means one of two things:

1) He's saying what other people that are more reliable than him already said, or
2) He's wrong.

Honest question because I don't know; Has he ever gotten something right that he was the first to mention or the only one to mention, etc?

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Honest question because I don't know; Has he ever gotten something right that he was the first to mention or the only one to mention, etc?

I think he got one trade right a while back and has been riding that ever since, but not so much in recent memory. Think a local Eklund.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Is it really that egregious of an offer? I thought at one point Sanheim and Morin were/are very highly thought of D prospects. Filpulla contract expires so basically they net 4.5m there to use in free agency, and Hartman is sort of replaced by Raffl and has an AAV that would be slightly higher than what Hartman might get as an RFA, but the remaining value Hawks would need back because Hartman is younger and Anisimov is better/cost controlled than Filp is a young defenseman like Sanheim or Morin. I don't watch either of the two prospects, so I think that's what makes or breaks a potential deal. Raffl and Hartman seems like a wash. Basically reshuffling chairs. Raffl isn't a scrub.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Is it really that egregious of an offer? I thought at one point Sanheim and Morin were/are very highly thought of D prospects. Filpulla contract expires so basically they net 4.5m there to use in free agency, and Hartman is sort of replaced by Raffl and has an AAV that would be slightly higher than what Hartman might get as an RFA, but the remaining value Hawks would need back because Hartman is younger and Anisimov is better/cost controlled than Filp is a young defenseman like Sanheim or Morin. I don't watch either of the two prospects, so I think that's what makes or breaks a potential deal. Raffl and Hartman seems like a wash. Basically reshuffling chairs. Raffl isn't a scrub.

Short answer: Yes.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Short answer: Yes.

What makes it so egregious? Are Morin and Sanheim busts? Because the way I see it is they get a top 9 LWer in a swap for Hartman at nearly the same AAV, slightly older, but can help team win next year, other scenario Hartman is traded for a pick that has a chance to not even make the league, and best case make it in 2-3 years, plus they get 4.5m in cap relief for the summer to address more needs, plus a top 4 d prospect? Unless, Morin and Sanheim are not good, then yeah, the value isn't there.

Clearly I'm missing something since the consensus is that it's a horrible trade for Chicago, and it's usually never quite that unanimous.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
What makes it so egregious? Are Morin and Sanheim busts? Because the way I see it is they get a top 9 LWer in a swap for Hartman at nearly the same AAV, slightly older, but can help team win next year, other scenario Hartman is traded for a pick that has a chance to not even make the league, and best case make it in 2-3 years, plus they get 4.5m in cap relief for the summer to address more needs, plus a top 4 d prospect? Unless, Morin and Sanheim are not good, then yeah, the value isn't there.

Because it makes us older and worse at hockey. AA should be traded for a 1st or equivalent prospect. Hartman could get a 2nd as he score 20 last season without PP time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad