Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Anyone get the 100 catching streak for fish?

Got myself to 74 then flubbed one so now I have to start all over.

Also this game is so simple and has no expectations so it is a great game to just unwind and relax.

Not everything has to be deep.

I can’t get past 20. I am always so trigger happy.

I see lots of people online just rushing through as fast as they can, time traveling, making millions of bells as quickly as possible.

I am with you. It’s a game meant to be played at a slow pace. They encourage it as buildings take a day or two to even build.

didn’t catch that one bug today? Always tomorrow.

working on getting bridges and slopes built a little at a time, and start finding villagers I like on other islands to invite. Trying to cross bread flowers.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Fishing in April so far:

OblongParchedBeetle-size_restricted.gif

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I finally caved. Animal Crossing is officially downloading on my Switch... Good bye life and other game I want to beat...

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I kind of hate this update. 2/3rds of what I pull out of the water is eggs.
Scratch kind of and hate. I f***ing despise this event. Makes trying to turn profit on your island's resources futile. Eggs sell for about as much as non native fruits.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Well, after ho-humming for quite some time, I finally pulled the trigger. Between picking up this and Persona 5 Royal, as well as my already existing backlog, I should have more than enough gaming for a long time. :laugh:

Not to mention FF7 is dropping soon, although I'll probably wait for my friend to finish it and just borrow his copy since I'm a cheap jerk...

It's my first Animal Crossing game, so we'll see how this goes. Bring on the cute!

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I don't mind the update, but this is definitely my least favorite Animal Crossing game of the 3 I played (City Folk and New Leaf). So much content has been stripped from the previous games, and I absolutely loathe the crafting mechanic and the fact that all your tools break
even the gold tools break!
. I still love this game because it's Animal Crossing, but I'm very disappointed with some of the decisions they've made. It feels very incomplete to me. It seems like most long time Animal Crossing fans tend to feel the same way, whereas those that are first timers to the series seem to really like it.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I don't often frequent Reddit but I have been going on the Animal Crossing sub to look at some of the cool creations. This one was awesome!

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
It astounds me what people are able to do in this game.

I am just trying to upgrade my house and catch some fish, for crying out loud.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
My 73 year old mother played New Leaf for years so I had to get this for her. So far she likes it but complained that it started off slow. I read a tip about replanting money that you dig up so I told her about it(she doesn't have internet). A son helping out his mother. :thumbu: :laugh:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I'm pretty done with all the egg stuff... Becoming too predictable!

its weird how easy the Egg stuff was to find and finish, but the sakura stuff is next to impossible to find.

The game never even tells you the cherry blossoms can be caught and crafted with and the drop rates for recipes from balloons are incredibly slim.

I get about 3 or 4 non-egg related balloons a day and have gotten multiple recipes from them, but none of them were cherry blossom recipes (mostly bamboo stuff)

the cherry blossom recipes stop appearing altogether on the 10th and won’t shop up again until next April.

Reactions: robertmac43

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Anyone get the 100 catching streak for fish?

Got myself to 74 then flubbed one so now I have to start all over.

Also this game is so simple and has no expectations so it is a great game to just unwind and relax.
I got to about 70-odd too, missed one, and decided it was time to go to bed.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Do catching eggs add to the fishing streak or are they just something to prolong the process?

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
This couldn’t be further from the truth.

Got the game and I love it. Been playing daily since launch.

Interesting. I've had sort of the opposite reaction.

I ended up picking this game up, and so far I'd say it's...decent. Not bad, but I'm not getting into it as easily as I had hoped.

I'm an avid Stardew fan. :laugh:

I will definitely give it more time though.

Reactions: Nickmo82

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217

I ended up picking this game up, and so far I'd say it's...decent. Not bad, but I'm not getting into it as easily as I had hoped.

In AC I just find the overall day to day a lot more enjoyable.

In Stardew I find the lack of direction and actual gameplay overly tedious —- but probably just need to give it a longer chance.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I can barely get the streak over 10, too trigger happy.

Sabel finally introduced herself properly to me today. It was extremely precious. Label also showed up for the first time. Seems she has taken the role Gracie had in previous games.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015

I was the same way when I first got the game. I got a couple upgrades and my island started to grow, more things opened up and I got hooked. Hopefully the same happens for you!

Reactions: Commander Clueless

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad