Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I imagined this as one of those Frogger/Crossy Road-like games. I'm disappointed. That gives me an idea, though. Nintendo should make a party game like Mario Kart, but instead of jumping into go karts and driving down the road, each player runs into traffic and sees who can make it farthest before getting flattened. Each character could have a special ability, like Mario could jump on top of cars, Peach could jump and float over cars and Donkey Kong could survive being hit by smaller cars. Imagine how hilarious that would be to play with friends and family... well, until kids get the idea to try it in real life, I guess. You know, maybe it's best that I don't design video games.

Last edited:
Reactions: Randy Butternubs

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I imagined this as one of those Frogger/Crossy Road-like games. I'm disappointed. That gives me an idea, though. Nintendo should make a party game like Mario Kart, but instead of jumping into go karts and driving down the road, each player runs into traffic and sees who can make it furthest before getting flattened in hilarious fashion. Each character could have a special ability, like Mario could jump on top of cars, Peach could jump and float over cars and Donkey Kong could survive being hit by smaller cars. Imagine how much fun that would be to play with friends and family... until kids get the idea to try it in real life. You know, maybe it's best that I don't design video games.
what lol

Reactions: Emperoreddy

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I don’t know why I constantly get excited about being put into crippling debt by Tom Nook, but here we are.

I do enjoy hanging out with my boys Apollo, Alfonso, and Cyrano

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
"Nook Inc." is the most ominous sounding thing of E3 so far.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Looks good, but disappointed they pushed it back

Nothing I really want to play on the Switch right now so I was looking forward to this

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I'm starting to get worried this game is gonna be more like Pocket Camp than New Leaf

That's the impression I got from it. I loved New Leaf, because it was a simple game. You boot it up, complete a few favors, dig up fossils, check the stores, maybe fish for a while. All in all, under an hour a day.

But this looks far more grindy and involved. Don't like the crafting system, and as you said, it's definitely leaning towards Pocket Camp

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
They confirmed in the treehouse you can still just buy things from Nook if you rather not craft.

To me it seems they are giving you a lot more freedom to dictate how your village ends up looking.

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
In which Nintendo continues to devalue Switch Online:

First Splatoon 2, then Let's Go (and it's probably a safe bet that Sword and Shield will follow suit), now Animal Crossing. Nintendo, will you please quit f***ing over the vast majority of your player base just to deter a small portion of it from cheating? Not to mention that you're essentially shooting yourselves in the foot by blocking access to arguably the main reason to subscribe to NSO at this point in multiple AAA titles.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Does anyone know if you will be able to have two different (local) people live in the same village?

I remember in the original AC you had the neighborhood with 4 houses you could have people locally join

I'm wondering if I make a town, if my girlfriend will be able to make her own house in my town just using the same Switch as me

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->