Animal Crossing: New Horizons

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Yeah ultimately this game just fell really flat for me as someone who absolutely LOVED and played the hell out of both City Folk and New Leaf. This game is waaaaaay too limited to me compared to those games. It's going to need to be updated for a long time for it becomes as complete as those two.

Reactions: Naster Okan

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
So sick of these updates that do nothing more than add content that would be in the base game of literally every other f***ing Animal Crossing game, yet they try to pass it off as new. I really really want to like this game, but it’s just absolute crap to me, with absolutely no signs of improving 8 months later.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Can someone explain to me why we needed to wait a f***ing year and a half to get the Roost, something that’s been in the base game of every previous game? God NH is a pile of crap.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I went to Brewster's once in NL and never went again. Don't see what the big deal is.
It’s just something that if it wasn’t something that stood out to you and was important to you growing up playing the games, it’s absence isn’t going to matter. Not saying there’s anything wrong if you aren’t but just because it’s not a big deal to you doesn’t mean it isn’t for others

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
The new update plus the paid DLC easily adds thousands of hours of content.

I'm not sure why they waited until the game was on its last legs before releasing all this, but I can't argue with results. It's certainly got me interested in returning.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Glad they're adding all of this but there's absolutely no reason that the paid DLC features should be paid, or that any of the DLC both paid and free should even be DLC, still pissed that they didn't release a completed game, but at least after 20 months it'll be playable again.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Started playing again to see all of this new content. Definitely makes the game a hell of a lot better, but there's still so much missing that as a whole I'm very disappointed with it. Hopefully they still plan on adding a lot more content back because the game needs it. This ranks as the 4th best game in the series for me, after New Horizons, City Folk, and the Original but still better than Wild World

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Started playing again to see all of this new content. Definitely makes the game a hell of a lot better, but there's still so much missing that as a whole I'm very disappointed with it. Hopefully they still plan on adding a lot more content back because the game needs it. This ranks as the 4th best game in the series for me, after New Horizons, City Folk, and the Original but still better than Wild World
I never played, but my wife played this game religiously when it released, and held on a lot longer than most.

She got back to it like 2 weeks ago and was raving about all the new content and said the same as you. A ton more content, but still overall lacking.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I never played, but my wife played this game religiously when it released, and held on a lot longer than most.

She got back to it like 2 weeks ago and was raving about all the new content and said the same as you. A ton more content, but still overall lacking.
It’s just inexcusable to me that in the year 2020, a game that’s already been delayed can release incredibly stripped of content that was found at launch in all of its 4 predecessors. Then to see them slowly add stuff back over the next year and a half as if they were giving people something was just insulting. This game is the perfect example of why I hate the industry now and I touched on it in the thread I made, games are being delayed constantly now, and then when they finally release they still put off multiple features for DLC.

Animal Crossing is one of my favorite series of all time so I still play and enjoy the game for that reason, but after how packed with content New Leaf was, the game was a massive disappointment

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad