Animal Crossing: New Horizons

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Still worried this game is going to ultimately be more like Pocket Camp than New Leaf, but I'll wait until it comes out before I really judge it.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
I have no idea what Animal Crossing is, or why everyone seems to love it. However, the fact that its so universally hyped has me super interested. Will be watching tons of release streams to see if this is my jam or not.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I have no idea what Animal Crossing is, or why everyone seems to love it. However, the fact that its so universally hyped has me super interested. Will be watching tons of release streams to see if this is my jam or not.

I have a similar experience (that is to say no experience) with this franchise.

I've watched the Direct and some footage and I'm having a hard time deciding if I am going to get this game or not.

I love Stardew Valley, for example,but this seems like a whole other thing. The graphics are also a bit...jarring?

Reactions: Nizdizzle

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015

That's pretty much my reaction to every big game that I haven't played.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
If I thought Stardew Valley was boring/just didn't find it to be the addicting awesome game everyone made it out to be ----- would I think anything different of Animal Crossing?

Tempted to buy AC..

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
If I thought Stardew Valley was boring/just didn't find it to be the addicting awesome game everyone made it out to be ----- would I think anything different of Animal Crossing?

Tempted to buy AC..
If you found Stardew to be boring you will find Animal Crossing to be even more boring.

Reactions: Nizdizzle

shello

Mar 5, 2011
MTL/NYC
So I love the game and my girlfriend who doesn't play video games has been loving it also so I made her a 2nd profile. How would she get the flimsy axe? I already got mine from Nook but the museum is already being set up at this point

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Is this all that it has been cracked up to be? Are people happy with it?

I'm thinking about picking it up this weekend!

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
So I love the game and my girlfriend who doesn't play video games has been loving it also so I made her a 2nd profile. How would she get the flimsy axe? I already got mine from Nook but the museum is already being set up at this point
Does she have the recipe?

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
So far so good. The original game is still my favorite in the series but this seems to make a lot of changes for the better.

- Having almost total control over the way your town is built is great. A little annoying that essentially half my island is uninhabitable since i don't have ramps or ledges to get to the second level of it, but i also love the idea you can put it where you want.

- I thought crafting at first was dumb but then i got my hands on recipes that let you build more sturdy gear. Seems like it fits well enough

- The mystery island feature is good too. Bit of a hassle to get the nook points needed but at least you have an essentially infinite amount of resources.

I can't to see how the game unfolds as i go.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Love the game so far. I was a little iffy about the whole crafting/resource system when it was first announced, but thus far, it's not been an issue. Not as grindy as I was fearing.

Disappointed with my initial villagers, but the first three I found on Mystery Islands were great! Flora, Boomer and Fauna.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad